Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

opinions of these Mantle Balls?

SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice manle balls

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • swish54swish54 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭

I'd say no. The swoop in the M in Mantle on both looks off.

• PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24, 2023 3:17PM

I know nothing about autos, but these don’t look 30 years old to me…are the baseballs correct for the era when they would have been signed?

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24, 2023 3:31PM

This one is PSA/DNA and from a direct book signing by Mantle.

I stink at autos - so I'll just let you decide? Tho, I have to say. There seems to be a lack of fluidity to the sigs (especially the second one).

If had to make a determination/opine? Not.

Mike
  • DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree with Stone. Second one has too much “hesitation”

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

• JolleyWrencherJolleyWrencher Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

@Smittys said:
    Real or not?

Give it a few more tries. 😉
    I'm completely teasing.
    I also thought the end of the Y on the 2nd looked off. I imagine signing a baseball would not look exactly the same as a piece of paper.

• RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 775 ✭✭✭✭

• WillymacWillymac Posts: 204 ✭✭✭

First one actually it looks old with the ink soaking in etc…doesn’t mean it’s real….

Second one bugs me….

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

No matter what any "authenticator" tells you, unless you saw the Mick sign those himself, you will never truly know. Greg Marino could sign mickeys name better than Mickey could.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• oilers99oilers99 Posts: 203 ✭✭✭

Here's my Mantle signed baseball from a 1991 card show in Las Vegas. He charged $29 to sign it.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Try Net54. There are Mantle experts that will tell you immediately yes or no.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • RidethelightningRidethelightning Posts: 373 ✭✭✭

Everyone in life should at least know that no one will sign the exact same every time.

The failures on realizing this and still buying Mantle ballsacs is quite freakish.

Otto. Auto Parts ? (Name the movie).

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone in life should at least know that no one will sign the exact same every time.

Can't argue with that.

We've had people who "swore" they got a sig "in person" only to have PSA reject it.

I should - some day - submit one of my "in person" autos and see what happens?

Mike
  • RidethelightningRidethelightning Posts: 373 ✭✭✭
    edited May 28, 2023 2:46AM

Very true.

• CooptownCooptown Posts: 397 ✭✭✭

These signatures are not real.

• gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭

What is on the other side of the ball on the sweet spot? Mantle died in 1995. I've seen 8x10's signed by Mickey with a copyright of 2003 printed on the back. If the balls were produced after 95 then the are "probably" no good, LOL.

• 82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 28, 2023 5:01PM

In 1988 as Kid I had Ball signed by Mick at Sports Convention type event. The cost then was $25 which given the point in time and my age was not a small amount.

In 2015 I had it authenticated - not that I needed to but it was 2 for 1 special

My total layman's opinion is the sigs in the initial post are suspect.

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.