Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Need some help with Card size.

Want to send these to PSA, but not sure if they fall under the size of regular cards.

Comments

• SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe those would need the "Tall-Boy" holders (1965 Topps Football, etc.).

Steve

• RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭✭

As long as both dimensions are less than the dimensions mentioned on the card/submission type, then it will fall under that category. so these look like they are taller than a regular card, maybe a little wider or the same, but def smaller than a tall boy, so normal submission prices will apply. For these they won't use an actual tall boy holder, they have some holders that are in between and then will apply some mylar to keep the card from moving around.

edited May 20, 2023 8:03PM

Here's a 1981 Dodgers LAPD card of Tommy Lasorda (it's in a "Tall-Boy" holder):

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/9ZQAAOSwO9pkVUtd/s-l1600.png

And here's one of the Oscar Mayer Barry Sanders (also in a "Tall-Boy" holder):

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/blAAAOSwmKNkUbhG/s-l1600.jpg

Same thing with the Rod Woodson:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/SVQAAOSwP2Njt49G/s-l1600.jpg

And the Gooden:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/hVkAAOSweMZkZpei/s-l1600.jpg

Steve

• DougGlattDougGlatt Posts: 48 ✭✭✭

@SDSportsFan said:
    Here's a 1981 Dodgers LAPD card of Tommy Lasorda (it's in a "Tall-Boy" holder):

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/9ZQAAOSwO9pkVUtd/s-l1600.png

And here's one of the Oscar Mayer Barry Sanders (also in a "Tall-Boy" holder):

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/blAAAOSwmKNkUbhG/s-l1600.jpg

Same thing with the Rod Woodson:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/SVQAAOSwP2Njt49G/s-l1600.jpg

And the Gooden:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/hVkAAOSweMZkZpei/s-l1600.jpg

Steve

Thanks Steve, I am glad they don't fall under super sized category.

@RufussCkingston said:
    As long as both dimensions are less than the dimensions mentioned on the card/submission type, then it will fall under that category. so these look like they are taller than a regular card, maybe a little wider or the same, but def smaller than a tall boy, so normal submission prices will apply. For these they won't use an actual tall boy holder, they have some holders that are in between and then will apply some mylar to keep the card from moving around.

thanks

• RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 775 ✭✭✭✭

In an old thread, someone asked if 64 Topps Giants can grade under Tall Boy, and the response was 'Yes'. The PSA website says max 5-1/8, and the Giants are 5-1/4. I have an 81 Topps Scratchoff panel that's 5-1/4 tall. Can I use Tall Boy? I don't want to get hit with a $75 charge for a card worth maybe $20.

@RonSportscards said:
    In an old thread, someone asked if 64 Topps Giants can grade under Tall Boy, and the response was 'Yes'. The PSA website says max 5-1/8, and the Giants are 5-1/4. I have an 81 Topps Scratchoff panel that's 5-1/4 tall. Can I use Tall Boy? I don't want to get hit with a $75 charge for a card worth maybe $20.

I would just put them in as regular and if they need upgraded to the next size, I believe they will contact you about it.

• RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭✭

@DougGlatt said:

@RonSportscards said:

I would just put them in as regular and if they need upgraded to the next size, I believe they will contact you about it.

And if they want to charge you the extra money, just say no and they will ship it back raw with your order. If it's only 1 card, they might let it slide.

@RonSportscards said:

Yes, the '81 Topps Scratch-Offs go in "Tall-Boy" holders:

Steve

@SDSportsFan said:

@RonSportscards said:

Yes, the '81 Topps Scratch-Offs go in "Tall-Boy" holders:

Steve

Thank you. That's good news.

@DougGlatt said:

@RonSportscards said:

Wow. Aren't you the thread starter asking about card size?
    Why didn't you just send your cards in as regular and roll the dice?
    SMH

Thank goodness I got an actual answer.

@RonSportscards said:

@DougGlatt said:

@RonSportscards said:

SMH

And why didn't you start your own thread?

@DougGlatt said:

@RonSportscards said:

@DougGlatt said:

@RonSportscards said:

SMH

I didn't need to because I too, needed some help on card size and holders, and thankfully got a legit response.
    Why did you originally start the thread posing your question, when your response to that same question was, to just send the cards in and let things work themselves out? Why not take your own advice?

@RonSportscards said:

@DougGlatt said:

@RonSportscards said:

@DougGlatt said:

@RonSportscards said:

SMH

I didn't need to because I too, needed some help on card size and holders, and thankfully got a legit response.
    Why did you originally start the thread posing your question, when your response to that same question was, to just send the cards in and let things work themselves out? Why not take your own advice?

So let me get this straight..

I started a thread asking about size of MY cards.
    You try to hijack my thread and turn it into your cards.
    I gave you an answer that was told to me off site.
    You didn't;t like my answer so you moan about my answer in my own thread.

Got it.

Have fun and I think we both got our answers. Good luck