Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1993 topps baseball question

looks the jeter gold is the one to have, but the rockies and marlins inaugurals are limited to 10,000. when i looked up the psast three months of sales for the jeter, the rockies version is 1, gold 2 and marlins 3. so is simply about pop, rockies are the best, gold is the best or marlins is the best.

edmonds griffey thomas kent ryan johnson are all the others i like too.

any thoughts would be appreciated,

Work hard and you will succeed!!

Comments

• VagabondVagabond Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭

I was also on the fence a few years back about which one to pick up myself. It came down to the Rockies or the regular gold. In the end, I chose to go with the regular gold. If Jeter would have been on either of those two inaugural teams when he was drafted, that would have been a no brainer for me, but he wasn't. Overall, I just preferred to have the base gold.

• NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 13, 2023 5:40PM

@olb31 the Marlins is actually a print run of 6,000. I haven’t looked at the pop report, but if the Marlins is 3rd in value, it must be a sleeper. Of the 3 though, I would think the gold commands the most interest.

• olb31olb31 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭✭✭

according to baseballcardpedia, 10,000 sets were probably produced and mos were sold at the rockies and marlins team stores within the stadium.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,506 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would think the base gold would be the most desirable.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

@craig44 said:
    I would think the base gold would be the most desirable.

for jeter it looks like the rockies and the gold are far superior.

psa 10 pop

regular 3365 out of 44,000
    gold 421 out of 9300
    marlins 167 out of 950
    rockies 69 out of 680

• stevebaystevebay Posts: 289 ✭✭✭

Curious if Jeter's 4.5 years as Marlins CEO spiked any interest in the Marlins Inagural.

@stevebay said:
    Curious if Jeter's 4.5 years as Marlins CEO spiked any interest in the Marlins Inagural.

doesn't look like it.

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you’re confusing pop numbers and hobby appeal, like you often do. There’s no doubt the Rockies pop numbers are appealing. But I still think most collectors would rather have the base gold.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

@DBesse27 said:
    I think you’re confusing pop numbers and hobby appeal, like you often do. There’s no doubt the Rockies pop numbers are appealing. But I still think most collectors would rather have the base gold.

The highest sale on EBAY is the Rockies card. Not my opinion.

@DBesse27 said:

But going by the pop report we kind of figure out the total pop of each card (at least an honest guess).

Marlins and Rockies (around 10,000).
    Gold appears to be 10x higher or so between 80k - 100k
    Regular appears to be around 500,000