Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

WEB note error - Misaligned Overprint

oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,868 ✭✭✭✭✭

I realize that PCGS does not recognize this holder anymore, but is it really worth it to resubmit for the present version? I am not sure what it is worth in its present holder. Would collectors shun the obsolete version?

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...

Comments

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like that one!
    B)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most collectors regard the grading as accurate. Some collectors have resubmitted these older PCGS holdered notes to the new PCGS and some have crossed them over to PMG. I believe they’re still accepted at most of the auction houses.

• tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

pcgs notes were graded very accurately and the auction houses and collectors know this...the bad running of the company has left a bad taste for some collectors...but grading was spot on...had the best registry of all the companies but when it went away, many lost a lot of money overspending to compete in their registry....but this is a great note and all would like to have it...leave it alone.

• jfriedm56jfriedm56 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭

This TPG holder is still held in high re-guards for most in the paper currency world. They mismanaged the company, but the notes were accurately graded. A very nice error note you have too! I would keep it in that holder. No need to reholder as I would purchase in that existing holder.

• goodmoney4badmoneygoodmoney4badmoney Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭✭

As others already said, I would keep it as-is too. Cool note! B)