Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My New Coin Website

Would appreciate any comments on my new website featuring my coins. Remember I am new to collecting and this is all I have. I have quite a few "in the mail" and will add them when I get them. I am hoping loading time is ok.

Thanks in advance!

Lori

Website Link

Comments

• Options
    PushkinPushkin Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭
    Much too nice. Collectors like places that have the ambiance of greasy spoon restaurants image and junkyard offices!image

Good work!image
  • Options
    Very nice, Lori.

Very sharp site!
  • Options
    Very Nice!
    I like the "clean look" and the simple navigagtion buttons. You should do that for a living!

Speaking of sites...I could use a little feedback from anyone interested...I'm about to be doing an on-line store for a dealer many of you probably know (I'll refrain from mentioning his name just yet, until I get his permission). What would make a dealer's site "stand out" above the rest? (Outside of ridiculously cheap prices image

What do you wich every coin site had that none actually do?
    dwood

"France said this week they need more evidence to convince them Saddam is a threat. Yeah, last time France asked for more evidence it came rollin thru Paris with a German Flag on it." -Dave Letterman
  • Options
    Really nice--Good Job....image Rotts
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle." Plato

....... bob**rgte**
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Looking good! One day I might have to finally do that with my own site...
  • Options
    Nice website Lori! I have bookmarked it for future use! Congrats! image
    If you give up your rights, in order to maintain your freedom. You will most likely end up losing both!
  • Options
    Whole sale and retail prices. Get right out there with some honesty and you will have droves of people standing in line!! We aren't stupid...we know there is a difference! It would help us value what we already have...
    If you give up your rights, in order to maintain your freedom. You will most likely end up losing both!
  • Options
    Nice
    kobrakoins
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Outfrigginstanding! Besides the site itself, you gotta love the dive in head first approach you're taking to your new hobby! In short, you rock.image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I can easily say...

I'M HOOKED!

Lori

PS. I also did my real sales website that hosted my coin website.
    Other Website
  • Options
    prooflikeprooflike Posts: 3,879 ✭✭
    That 94-S Kennedy is very nice!

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,437 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent site and super easy to navigate. I too love that rim toned 1994-S Kennedy! Cool.

peacockcoins

• Options
    comin along nicely image
  • Options
    cascadecascade Posts: 151 ✭✭
    Nice site & nice coins!
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice!
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting. Enjoyed viewing your coins. Now to respond to dwood regarding suggestions for a "dealer's website" I find the coin websites that I enjoy viewing and purchasing from are those which first picture the coin for sale (if it is not available to view I ask why and assume it lacks eye appeal), second reference a comparative price even if it is only Trends or the Redbook, but prefer to be told what the greysheet bid or Bluebook price is, and Thirdly adds the subjective opinion of the seller even though I know I have to take the seller's puffing with a grain of salt. Finally the site should allow one to purchase, or at least reserve the coin online and not have to call and then be told the coin is no longer available. In my view if your client is selling coins online he should be offering them for the same price he would offer them to other dealers. I am put off by internet sellers who expect to sell coins online for the same price as the storefront dealer who has to incurr overhead and advertising expenses.
  • Options
    Hi Lori,I like your site. Good job. Norm
    make mine a morgan.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file