Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Cancelling a retired set

Hello,
Last year I retired a couple of sets because I thought that was what you needed to do in order to sell on a set. I was not aware that you could just delete the coins and set.
Is there a way to now delete, rather than retire a set? I ask because I have started to rebuild one set (I like a challenge!) and I cannot add a couple of coins to it that I held onto that did not sell. as they are tied up in the retired set!
There is probably an obvious answer, but I cannot find it!!
Thanks!

Currently looking for Proof Half Sovereigns…….

Comments

• Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you retired the set you should be able to open it and remove the coins in it. That would make them available

• Options

Thank you @alaura22 but I can’t seem to work this out! It doesn’t give me the same options to add or remove from a retired set as it does with an open set. I may be missing a key point here. Sorry about this and thanks for any help!

• Options

Just give Paulina a call, she will get it figured out
    877-888-1318

• Options

Well? Did you call?

• Options

@alaura22 said:
    Well? Did you call?

I am based in London and so my coms with PCGS are generally always in writing.

I will update once I get any response. NB The set registry team usually take about a week or so to respond to me.

• Options

Thanks again for help. I have now had some excellent email support and help from PCGS (the wonderful Paulina). Thank you.

• Options

You're welcome
    Good luck
    Mike

• Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

I have the same problem with a retired set. Will be glad to hear what you find about pulling retired coins from a retired set.

Dan
  • Options

@Dan50 said:
    I have the same problem with a retired set. Will be glad to hear what you find about pulling retired coins from a retired set.

If you retired the set and inventory you can add the certs back in as if it were a new coin
    Then you will be able to see them in your inventory

• Options

@Dan50 said:

I was not able to do this myself. Seems only they can do this. Paulina unretired the set for me when I asked.
    If you email them, they are usually very quick with helping.

• Options

Thanks I'll try getting in touch with her..

Dan
  • Options

@Dan50 said:
    Thanks I'll try getting in touch with her..

Did you just try re-entering the cert #s?

• Options

Not recently, last year I tried, got nowhere!

Dan
  • Options

@Dan50 said:
    Not recently, last year I tried, got nowhere!

Dan
    Just last week I retired a set and inventory, not what I wanted to do
    after I did it I went back and added all the cert numbers for the coins that were in that set. It retained all the infomation connected to the coin through the cert number, date when purchased, where I bought it, price, and the pics. It then became available in my inventory either in active inventory not assigned to matching sets OR coins that don't match my sets.
    You should be able to do this on your own
    Good luck