Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

4SALE qty6 PSA low grade vintage baseball and football 1933-1960

JolleyWrencherJolleyWrencher Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Updates will always be at the top of this post below this statement.

1933 Goudey Pepper Martin $45
1955 Bowman Emlen Tunnell $20
1955 Bowman Y.A. Tittle $35
1957 Topps Bobby Thomson $30
1957 Topps Pete Retzlaff $30
1960 Topps Lenny Moore $35

All 6 together for $145 plus shipping. I use paypal and those are Friends and family price. If you want paypal goods and services then just cover the additional 3% fee.

Make an offer.

Cheers
Jesse

Cheers
Jesse

Comments

• JolleyWrencherJolleyWrencher Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

My uncle mentioned his starting lineup collection ranges from 1988-2000. Most of them 1988-1994.

He has some hockey as well.
    Some of the starting lineup cards graded 9 or 10 can fetch a good amount.

He decided to cut open the 1990 SLU Bo Jackson (rookie for SLU) to get graded since it's mint condition. He gave me the figure since I am likely the biggest BJ collector in the state. This is now my favorite sports item I own and means more to me than $100k worth of cards because my uncle is the original owner and it was a gift.

• shawthershawther Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

Well that was an interesting read. Sounds like it could be fun decluttering your Uncle’s place. Sounds like a scavenger hunt.

@shawther said:
    Well that was an interesting read. Sounds like it could be fun decluttering your Uncle’s place. Sounds like a scavenger hunt.

My Uncles is pretty organized and clean. Larry's place is definitely the place of interest. Would be better if he had preserved all his stuff.

Last night he found all his 1964 Braves cards. He has others he is looking for including some vintage autographed cards.

• CakesCakes Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JolleyWrencher said:
    My uncle mentioned his starting lineup collection ranges from 1988-2000. Most of them 1988-1994.

He has some hockey as well.
    Some of the starting lineup cards graded 9 or 10 can fetch a good amount.

He decided to cut open the 1990 SLU Bo Jackson (rookie for SLU) to get graded since it's mint condition. He gave me the figure since I am likely the biggest BJ collector in the state. This is now my favorite sports item I own and means more to me than $100k worth of cards because my uncle is the original owner and it was a gift.

Love the Bo figure being gifted to you via your Uncle!

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.

There is just way too much. I will try to put together a spreadsheet at some point.

I didn't take pictures of the various hand cut cards or other vintage items yet.

He has many Nascar autographs too...if anyone cares.

Ernie Banks Mr. CUB AUTO and many other players

He has a storage unit I forgot about.

Larry at his home track where he raced for 30 years!

• shawthershawther Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

Those are great pictures, especially the last one! Pm sent

• CakesCakes Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

jolley, you might get more interest if you made the pics automatically appear and not have to click on them.

I love the fact that you are looking out for your Uncle! Good luck with your sales!

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.

Is there a way to do this from an android device? I had to attach as a file for uploading. I can never "choose files" when I click the image icon.

These guys are glad to hear what comments are said. We've spent hours reading old threads on players they like. Wish they could be taught to search because they have time to kill.

PSA4 Hank Aaron sold on ebay, it was perfectly centered, $375 in 6 hours. Was glad to see it move quickly. Only a handful of other vintage cards are graded and are in my other post from my first submission.

I would like to sell more of the vintage baseball. I am supposed to pick up more vintage cards from Larry this weekend and should be able to put together a list.

I will take pictures upon requests. My job has been more demanding lately and the kids are having their last full summer here.

edited August 26, 2023 6:52PM

I'm in between jobs now and would really like to get moving on all these cards raw and graded.
    I began putting some on ebay but I have many which are not on ebay yet. All updates are at the top of the original post which I will continuously revise. Ask about anything if you want it before it hits ebay.

Thank you for looking.

• Added link to a Bo Jackson Facebook page where I posted some cards.

• Current auction price is $5 with 0 bids. This 1960 Topps Jim Parker PSA 5.5 ends tomorrow. Centering is decent and the scratch-off image on the back has no indication it has ever been rubbed.

Likely could get a better grade if cracked/cleaned, as my auctions state, but I'm not in that kind of business as these vintage cards were not mine to begin with and it's a favor for a friend.

This will be one that is a lesson learned since it's definitely losing money between grading, shipping, and ebay.

Hope somebody gets a deal and can enjoy the card.

• 1933 Goudey Pepper Martin $45
    1955 Bowman Emlen Tunnell $20
    1955 Bowman Y.A. Tittle $35
    1957 Topps Bobby Thomson $30
    1957 Topps Pete Retzlaff $30
    1960 Topps Lenny Moore $35

All 6 together for $145 plus shipping. I use paypal and those are Friends and family price. If you want paypal goods and services then just cover the additional 3% fee.

Make an offer.

Cheers
    Jesse