Home Sports Talk

A few pics of Sydney Austrailia

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you can go...GO!!! It's 14 hours non-stop from LAX, a very, VERY long time in the tube!

Pic of downtown Sydney from the deck of Celebrity Solstice while in port at the beginning of the trip.

The Sydney Opera House

Our cabin tv graphic of where we are, updates throughout the cruise.

The famous Sydney Harbor Bridge. This is where they shoot fireworks from on New Year's Eve, and lots of people walk over the bridge. Must be a great view. Shortly after this, watched two Cessna float planes fly over the bridge side by side. SO COOL !!

The bridge walkers.

Sunset in Australia, view from our veranda.

Comments

• BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice. Enjoy!!

Daniel
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome Al!

Safe travels and thank you for sharing the pictures!

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks awesome. When wifey and myself retire I had always wanted to do the cruise ship excursions.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭

Australia is great. New Zealand is also amazing if you get the chance to visit.

Robb

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2023 9:52AM

We were on a 12 day cruise that began in Sydney, then went to Melbourne, Tasmania and across to New Zealand. We cruised Milford, Doubtful and Dusky Sounds. We got off just off shore in Milford Sound and enjoyed a 2-day excursion across southern New Zealand, catching up to the ship in Dunedin. We then went to the north island to Wellington, Napier, Bay of Islands and Auckland.

The flight is an endurance thing. Imagine taking off at 8AM and you don't land until 10PM that night, and you cross the International Date Line. The trick here is to fly to Honolulu, then take Air New Zealand or Qantas to Sydney, if that's where your cruise begins. This way you can shave off about 5 hours, and spend a day in Honolulu to catch your breath. We flew back to Atlanta from Sydney in one day. I don't recommend that, you will be a zombie when you get home.

New Zealand is indeed awesome. The people are great, the scenery is breathtaking. DO THIS IF YOU CAN !!!

A pic of Auckland, NZ

our ship.

The original bungy jump

A Kea bird in Fjordland National Park. These critters actually eat the rubber off cars, wipers, etc.

While cruising through Milford Sound, we had a light rain, and it was chilly. These two hardy souls were wearing robes from their cabin supplied by Celebrity. They're made of terry cloth and very absorbent. I'll add one addtional pic to show how raw and cold it was, yet these two were just oblivious and really stood out!

We found a bit of home with DD !! Really surprised us, this in Auckland, New Zealand.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome!

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looked like a great time.

I have been seeing these cruises being offered on TV

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, beautiful photos, looks like an awesome place to visit!

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2023 1:12PM

No worries mate, Aussie rules every time, l especially love the outback areas I have been to. Melbourne was also a great city to see, as was Perth and a pilgrimage to Bon's resting place. My fave tho' on my last trip was the North Pole, and its jump off point - Marble Bar.........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marble_Bar,_Western_Australia

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice! I need Aussie on my continent visit list still. Friends and fam have been, looking forward to it when we get around to it.