Home Sports Talk

Ezekiel Elliott released by Dallas Cowboys

Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well it wasn't like he was still a force at running back last season............

FRISCO, Texas -- "The Dallas Cowboys released Ezekiel Elliott, making the running back a free agent, the team announced Wednesday. Elliott was set to count $16.7 million against the salary cap with a $10.9 million non-guaranteed base salary."

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

Comments

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

"OH WELL!"

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good back, somebody will pick him up. He ran all over Bama a few years back..

Guessing Jones' reconsidered His statement...............................

"Jerry Jones said he would like to find away to keep both Pollard and Elliott at the NFL Combine last month."

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15, 2023 3:37PM

O.K., guys.....Shoot me down..... I can take it.....Actually, I enjoy it......Here's the real deal.....Elliot AND Prescott both are just Cowboy HYPE. People fall for it.....been that way forever....

Having said that?....
    I hope the Rams pick him up!
    He will be an improvement..
    Playoff City!
    And Then?....
    Everyone will feel free to dump on him...
    If.....He's a RAM!

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15, 2023 6:15PM

Elliot has been awful the past 2 seasons, no way they would keep him for that money

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,516 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, he's officially been released, I read that the Bucs might be interested in signing him.

• dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,102 ✭✭✭✭✭

Almost entirely hype at this point; just mostly hype seven years ago.

But, he did go to the greatest high school in the country.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.

@Hydrant said:
    O.K., guys.....Shoot me down..... I can take it.....

Well I sent them out your way - you arent missing a cow are you? :D

• MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

When Elliot was younger he was a multi-talented sprinter/track star. At Ohio State he proved to be a powerful runner with great speed as well as an outstanding pass blocker and adequate receiver. He's had some nagging injuries to his legs the past two seasons which has really affected him in a negative way and meant that Pollard was the right choice for Dallas.

I think that Elliot can still be an effective runner but he'll need to be fully healed. Perhaps his strongest asset when he's healthy is that as a solid runner and good blocker he can stay in the backfield on those 3rd and three plays to keep the defense honest. Somebody will pick him up.

Why get your body beaten up for 16 Million$ a year when you can just sit on the bench for 5 Million $? It's not the players but the idiots giving them the contracts.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

He will definitely find a team, but as far as him being a lead back and putting up 1500 yards those days are over.

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15, 2023 6:56PM

@doubledragon said:
    Yep, he's officially been released, I read that the Bucs might be interested in signing him.

Mayfield and Elliott...Back Field combo sent from Heaven......What could possibly go wrong???

@Hydrant said:

@doubledragon said:

Mayfield and Elliott...Back Field combo sent from Heaven......What could possibly go wrong???

Could we throw OBJ in there too for more interest? :D

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

to my eyes, Zeke looked washed to me last season. apparently JJ thought the same

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.