Home Sports Talk

Big Ten BBall Tourney

coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who will be the winners and losers? There seems to be parity which makes this a challenge

Congrats to NU Coach Chris Collins as he was named Big Ten Coach of the Year- well deserved

Should Illinois survive Penn State, they will have a date with the Wildcats at the United Center... that should be fun.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

As much as I wish I could get inyo college hoops and the tournaments I just can't

It's good for you guys to enjoy after NFL anywYs

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

it's kind of circus outside at the UC right now...

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

and as @perkdog typed and I'm agreeing...Yep I can't really get into the college hoops as well...

hey @coinkat if I have to pick Illinois or Northwestern...um I'm pickin' my purple guys...

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always look forward to March Madness. One of the best sporting events on the planet.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that from the Sweet 16 to the Championship Game nothing can really match NCAA BB tournament.

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

ILL

INI

Should be exciting

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

So March Madness must be the biggest bandwagon jumper time?

If your team gets knocked out do you guys typically go all in rooting for a team or just enjoy the madness?

I remember years ago I think when Gonzaga made the tournament as a huge underdog everyone was rooting for them and I never really heard of them

Its about the impossible... if my team (ILL INI) advance... all the better. I will suggest that the Illini comeback against Arizona in the 2005 final four was one of the greatest comebacks in Tournament history. But even that is only a fraction of what happens and why the NCAA tourney has rightfully earned the nickname March Madness

• MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

Almost every year there's a team that makes it to the Sweet 16 which grabs everyone's attention due to their underdog status. I usually don't start paying attention till the field gets whittled down to those 16 teams. Also, I imagine that the "Bracket Pools" may even rival the Super Bowl for betting interest among fans, people love them.

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! #13 seed Ohio State defeated #4 seed Michigan State!

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• ajaanajaan Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭✭

My 96 year old dad, my uncle, and my brother all have EE degrees from Purdue. Gotta go with them.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

Purdue is the best team in the conference. Sadly, this has not unfolded with Illinois playing NW at the United Center. Congrats to OSU and Penn State for a great tournament run thus far.