Home Sports Talk

This is crazy

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭✭

In 1983 Terry Bradshaw needed elbow surgery as a last ditch effort to save his NFL career, so when it was time for the surgery he checked into the hospital under an alias to avoid media attention. The name he chose as his alias......Thomas Brady.

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's it, the next time I go somewhere and they need my name, I'm using the alias Aaron Rodgers.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

Insane but not as insane to think this is the first time it's ever been brought up?

I've never heard this before

@perkdog said:
    Insane but not as insane to think this is the first time it's ever been brought up?

No kidding, I can't believe this has never been discussed before, I just about fell out of my chair when I read about this today!

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

No kidding, I can't believe this has never been discussed before, I just about fell out of my chair when I read about this today!

I knew if it, but I imagine it's obscure. Bradshaw, the original TB12.

Not all of you will agree with this, some will scoff, but here goes.

God likes jokes. 🤷 He likes to create riddles and coincidences within the framework of time.

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rick Brunson used Patrick Ewing’s name to deceive masseuse which led to his arrest.

Rick Brunson was arrested on June 25, charged with attempted sexual assault, sexual abuse, and third-degree aggravated battery. Brunson was reportedly going to be hired as an assistant coach at Temple.

On Tuesday evening, it was Lisa Black of the Chicago Tribune reported that Brunson used the name of a former NBA player to book a massage appointment at a Life Time Fitness Center on April 2.

For three years, 2010-2013, Brunson had booked massages with the same masseuse, but due to an undisclosed issue in 2013, the unidentified masseuse informed Brunson she would no longer no longer give him massages. On April 2, Brunson booked a massage under the name “Patrick Ewing”.

“Brunson admitted to her that he booked the massage under a different name. … (She) believed he used a fake name to book the massage because she had told him in 2013 that she would not massage him anymore. (She) reluctantly agreed to massage him since he was already there,” the report stated according to the Tribune.

The fitness center revoked his membership a week later. That same day, he attempted to contact the victim several times.

On June 25, the same day as the arrest, it was reported Brunson would be set to join the Temple coaching staff. Brunson’s son, Jalen, is a five-star recruit, believed to be the top point guard in the Class of 2015 by Rivals. He is considering Temple, his father’s alma mater, along with many high-major offers.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.

I'm liking this fake name thing, sometimes I wear a disguise to wal-mart, does that count as an alias? Here, a photo of me as my alter ego.

edited March 6, 2023 1:36PM

You know, it scares me, I just hope the real Tom Brady doesn't end up like Terry Bradshaw when he's an old man, I hope I don't have to start a thread someday about Tom Brady walking around in a pair of daisy dukes.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes when ordering pizza over the phone I give them the name Darren with two r’s.
    I am a bad, bad dude. 🤓
    Darin

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.