Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Zuzzim

I could never afford Sheckels so I have focused some energy on Zuzim. Zuzim are mentioned in the Password song - that my father brought a goat for 2 zuzzim. It is also well know that a man comsimates a divorce from his wife buy giving her a payment of 40 zuzzim.

I had a batch of them which I picked up for about $800 each that were stolen.

Today I have replenished some of them at considerably more costs

So many immigrant groups have swept through our town that Brooklyn, like Atlantis, reaches mythological proportions in the mind of the world - RI Safir 1998

Comments

• Options
    mrbrklynmrbrklyn Posts: 105 ✭✭✭

So many immigrant groups have swept through our town that Brooklyn, like Atlantis, reaches mythological proportions in the mind of the world - RI Safir 1998
  • Options

• Options
    SimonWSimonW Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the first I’ve known of these, they’re quite wonderful, really great history!

Sorry about the theft, that must have been a hard hit.

I'm BACK!!! Used to be Billet7 on the old forum.

• Options
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent research, thanks

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    Nathan401Nathan401 Posts: 56 ✭✭✭

Fantastic!

• Options

We do the best we can as a volunteer to the greater world

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 17, 2023 5:32PM

Just 40 zuzzim for a divorce?! Don't go giving people any ideas! :o;)

By the way.... did you ever try singing the last verse of that song in just 1 breath, or was that just a thing from MY childhood?

• Options

@DBSTrader2 said:
    Just 40 zuzzim for a divorce?! Don't go giving people any ideas! :o;)

By the way.... did you ever try singing the last verse of that song in just 1 breath, or was that just a thing from MY childhood?

what song?

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

The "that my father bought for two zuzim" song. Like "The Twelve Days of Christmas", doesn't that song get longer with each verse?
    Anyway, nice zuzim. I owned one but foolishly sold it when they were more like $300-$500 each. This is one among many ancient types that have increased nicely in value over the past couple of decades. Not many $20 denarii anymore, either.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options

I am not aware of any chrismas songs but this is a Passover Zimmer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWUfNbv-R9U

• Options