Home Sports Talk

You thought SoFI stadium food was bad?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

It doesn't hold a candle to what health inspectors discovered at TIAA Bank Field, the Jaguars stadium last November.

Jaguars Stadium Concession Stands Found Containing two Dead Rodents, 159 Rodent Droppings

Anyone who’s attended an NFL game knows the importance of pairing the action on the field with a snack from the concession stands. Unfortunately, a recent inspection at TIAA Bank Field, the stadium of the Jaguars, revealed some unsavory findings behind the food counters.

During a game between the Jaguars and the Raiders on Nov. 6, inspectors uncovered 129 violations at a total of 29 concession stands inside the Jacksonville stadium, according to Action News Jacksonville. Among the infractions were two dead rodents, 159 rodent droppings and seven concession stands that were operating with an expired license.

Delaware North, the company that runs the concessions at TIAA Bank Field, issued a statement to Ben Becker Action News Jax on the matter, reassuring fans that most of the violations were remedied within 24 hours of the inspection.

“Delaware North follows the highest standards in foodservice and has strict policies to ensure compliance with all applicable food safety standards and regulations,” the statement read. “A team of health inspectors spent the day on Nov. 6 inspecting the foodservice locations during a live event with more than 62,000 fans. Our managers worked closely with the health inspectors during the visit, and most of the violations identified were rectified immediately or within 24 hours.

“Furthermore, we are working to resolve the clerical error that led to a lapse in licenses for two of our concession stands. The other locations listed in the report as having licenses lapsed were not in operation at the time of the inspection.”

The recent report isn’t the first time that the Jaguars stadium has come up short as it pertains to inspections. An ESPN report that reviewed routine inspections from 2016 to ’17 discovered that TIAA Bank Field ranked 27 out of 30 NFL stadiums with the highest rates of high-level violations.

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

A report surfaced today that the Jaguars players complained last season about a rat infestation in their locker room.

https://nypost.com/2023/03/02/jaguars-players-say-rats-infested-locker-room-during-season/amp/

It shames me to say this, but Bank of America stadium where the Carolina Panthers play, we got popped with 393 health violations a few years back, but I don't think we had any rat problems, just moldy cream cheese, filthy disgusting employees, stuff like that.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

holy cow, that is pretty bad

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bet that if we knew the conditions of many of the restaurants we frequent, we probably would eat at home more

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I was in high school I worked at a grocery store (part of a large chain of stores) as a bag boy. At times I was asked to work the night shift to help stock shelves. While working at the store I got to know some of the people who worked in the meat department (including the meat department crew who worked the night shift). What I saw happen in the meat department and the stories the meat department night crew told made me cringe and made me thing twice about eating meat (thank god for our immune system).

I feel the same way about eating at restaurants.

You never know what goes on in the back.

What is even more creepy is thinking about what goes on at a slaughterhouse/packing plant (I can not imagine working this type of "production line job".

There was a barbeque joint a few blocks from where I live, and one time I went to the restroom after my meal, and you don't want to know the things I saw in there, I have nightmares to this day. I can't talk about it!

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2, 2023 8:14PM

Wow a massive business like the Jags and they can't keep it clean?

Absurd on so many levels

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    There was a barbeque joint a few blocks from where I live, and one time I went to the restroom after my meal, and you don't want to know the things I saw in there, I have nightmares to this day. I can't talk about it!

Almost as funny as the lady passing out gif you posted awhile back that I love!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

Almost as funny as the lady passing out gif you posted awhile back that I love!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

A classic! 😂😂

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.

@Alfonz24 said:

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4, 2023 7:44PM

I got to thinking about it....

Why All the interest and concern about the food at SoFi Stadium?
    Has anyone here actually ever ate any of the food served there?
    I don't think so......
    Anyway, I have. It's really good.....Excellent in fact!
    Garden Fresh Salads!
    Tuna Salads!
    Italian!
    Mexican!
    Chinese!
    And MEAT LOAF With Mashed Potatoes.. My Favorite!!
    And The Staff?
    They Dress Like This!

I'm a Big Tipper...They Earn It..

The Hydrants get their SoFi food at the V.I.P. Buffet and Lounge.

All You Can Eat...
    No Charge!

Its Good To Be Me!

• MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

This has all re-enforced my long ago decision to not attend NFL games.

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just need a littl appetizer before the chili dog.........

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

edited March 25, 2023 8:11AM

I agree!

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

have any of you northerners had brisket before?

@Hydrant please tell them what's up

i almost wet my pants attaching these photos

edited March 25, 2023 8:12AM

Oh, Yea!....Brisket!...