Home Q & A Forum
Options

1935 Silver Eagle coin- Bullion stamped "SGC" are they Legit?

Rickyvee1969Rickyvee1969 Posts: 2
edited February 23, 2023 7:08PM in Q & A Forum

I recently came across a coin seller in my hometown who. showed me some very nice silver bullion coins that are 1935 Walking Liberty silver Eagles with a stamp mark indicating the letters SGC. I tried looking them up to see where they are made or who makes them,
and I have yet to find anything on the maker. I did find a website that supposedly sells these coins under that name of SGC Coin that shows up on the scammers review website. So, my question is, does anyone know if the silver coins are legit with all the markings on them or are they a very nice-looking fake coin? If you take a look at the attachment, you will see the actual coin with the SGC stamp on the lower right-hand side. Let me know what you know of this coin and if its real or fake. If it's real, is it worth the investment for stacking bullion? Thank you in advance.

Best Answers

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum! :)

"that shows up on the scammers review website."

This should be enough for you to avoid them! I did a quick search and didn't find much other than a couple of ebay listings and one of those listings was removed by ebay. When ebay removes a listing that is not a good sign. Why buy questionable material that could turn out to be silver plated junk! There are much better ways to invest in silver, you can buy old 90% silver coins or American Silver Eagles. Always buy from a reputable source!

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't know what that thing is but it isn't an ASE. A guy in Canada is selling 35-Ds at $65 on the bay. Buyer beware but you already know that. Good luck.

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

Answers

• Options

@ifthevamzarockin, Thank you for your honest opinion and assessment. I had a gut feeling that something was a little fishy when I saw that supposed mint marking of "SGC" on that coin. This person that I know also has some Silver Maples that he wants to unload. Haha. fortunately, I have other people that I deal with that are very reputable that I buy from, and they so happen to have said the same thing about this coin. Thanks again! Have a great weekend. Happy hunting and happy buying.