Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

FS: 2010 America The Beautiful 5oz 5-coin (25oz total) sealed set from MTB -- PRICE DROP!

CraigLCraigL Posts: 91 ✭✭

PRICE REDUCED

PRICE CUT AGAIN. READY TO SHIP!

For Sale:

2010 America The Beautiful 5oz, 5-coin sealed set from Manfra, Tordella & Brookes, also known as MTB.

The US Mint was only able to produce 33,000 of each of the 5oz coins in 2010, and they were only sold to authorized retailers.. not the public directly. The sellout was immediate, and most of us waited months to actually receive the coins.

Mine arrived in April of 2021, and I immediate placed it into a storage tote where it has sat for over the past decade.

Production issues with the newly-acquired equipment pushed production very deep into 2010, and by law they could not strike 2010 coins after 12/31/10, which means these are right there with the 1995-W ASE as far as rarity goes.

Each of these coins are 3" diameter (sometimes called pucks!) and contain 5oz of .999 pure silver each. So, 25oz total.

The 2010 America The Beautiful coins are:

Hot Springs
Yellowstone
Grand Canyon
Yosemite
Mount Hood

Short article here from Great Collections about the situation with these coins --> https://www.greatcollections.com/kb/ATB-226-128-147-America-the-Beautiful-5-oz-Silver-Coins-t115-4.html

Given I ordered these the day they went on sale, they should be eligible for at least First Strike designation.

My hobbies are changing and I'm focusing now on other areas of my coin collection, so.... this one needs to go.

These sealed sets do not come up for sale often. There is one on eBay for $2,750 that hasn't sold but has a fair number of views, so clearly there is interest.

$1,750 **$1,500 ** takes it and shipping will be on me. It will be shipped inside of another box to preserve the original boxes' condition.

I've included a sample picture showing just how big these coins are. They are truly unique.

Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.. absolutely nothing to hide here. I respond to PMs quickly and -always- ship next business day!

Comments

• Che_GrapesChe_Grapes Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually they did make the same coins with a different finish (SP - special proof) that you could buy directly from the mint with similar mintages.
    2500 for your coins is way over the top for the bullion versions but wish you the best of luck! They are worth about 300 / coin for ungraded bullion ATB in the 2010 series.

• CraigLCraigL Posts: 91 ✭✭

Price reduced!

@Che_Grapes said:
    Actually they did make the same coins with a different finish (SP - special proof) that you could buy directly from the mint with similar mintages.
    2500 for your coins is way over the top for the bullion versions but wish you the best of luck! They are worth about 300 / coin for ungraded bullion ATB in the 2010 series.

You are spot-on about the SP finish ones -- these have a pretty unique story, and it is not known how many originally-sealed sets remain.. thus the premium.

I suspect you are also correct about the price, so I've made a cut.

Cheers, friend!

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for listing your sealed set Craig. I have a few from different dealers that year. It was kind of a fun, crazy and intense attempt to snag the sets.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.

@MilesWaits said:
    Thank you for listing your sealed set Craig. I have a few from different dealers that year. It was kind of a fun, crazy and intense attempt to snag the sets.

Yes, very much so. Was really luck of the draw, if I recall correctly..

Price cut again. Ready to ship!

Certainly willing to accept offers on this. Just want to see it go to a good home!

Price cut to $1,500! This is now a ridiculous deal!