Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Too many "PCGS Set Registry Collectors Corner Update" e-mails?

MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,892 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm finding that I'm getting so many notices about coins that are of no interest that I now rarely even click through to see the details. For example, I'm collecting certain Spanish gold pieces. I'm not interested in common dates in ordinary grades, which is probably more than 95% of what gets listed, so I don't even look at those listings anymore. A shame, because when something of interest does get listed, I won't see it.

My suggestion is for CU to allow us to designate minimum and/or maximum values for listings that we want to see. That way, in my case, I can set the minimum at $2000 and be spared notices on the ordinary stuff, which will get me looking very closely when I do occasionally get a notice. And at the other end of the spectrum, someone collecting on a budget can set a maximum value and achieve similar benefits.

Good idea?

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.

Comments

• Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree. Another problem that I see with the " updates " is the recommended coins list. When I click to individual coins, the specific coin is " no longer available " Mostly Heritage Auction coins.

• davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

yes, I get upgrade possibilities for my lowball sets (except they are graded higher not lower)

• bidaskbidask Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrEureka said:
    I'm finding that I'm getting so many notices about coins that are of no interest that I now rarely even click through to see the details. For example, I'm collecting certain Spanish gold pieces. I'm not interested in common dates in ordinary grades, which is probably more than 95% of what gets listed, so I don't even look at those listings anymore. A shame, because when something of interest does get listed, I won't see it.

My suggestion is for CU to allow us to designate minimum and/or maximum values for listings that we want to see. That way, in my case, I can set the minimum at $2000 and be spared notices on the ordinary stuff, which will get me looking very closely when I do occasionally get a notice. And at the other end of the spectrum, someone collecting on a budget can set a maximum value and achieve similar benefits.

Good idea?

I agree yes good idea!

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• CBTL2CBTL2 Posts: 71 ✭✭

I understand what you're saying. I would also like to see Ebay cater more to us specialty collectors. If somehow sellers were able to enter the registration # only it would work with PCGS, NGC and ANACS data sites and list the coin based on registered data. Seller could have a comment section along with added photos. Us buyers could easily search our desired coin category with data factual information supplemented by seller's comments. This would avoid missing any listing due to the multitude of ways coins get listed by sellers. The more I write here the better I like my own idea. lol, I am sure PCGS and the other two could find a way to profit even more with additional services related to this. This would give us coin collectors a whole new way to hunt for our coins on ebay.

• alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2, 2023 12:03AM

Andy,
    I believe you can do that now, unless I'm not understanding it correctly.
    If you do a seach at the top right of the page enter the coin or type you are looking for, then click coins in the next window and then when it comes up go to advanced tab and then fill in what numbers you want to select.
    What I do is in the search window at the top right I put in PCGS PR65 CAM, the in the next window I select coins and hit search, Then I select the advanced tab and then I could check to only look for coins dated 1900 and up.
    Hope this helps