Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Set Requests

I see that they paused the ability for new set requests. Let's hope they have the resources to catch up in a area that is so important to the community quickly and can stay current when things are on-line again

Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards

Comments

• Options
    davin72davin72 Posts: 88 ✭✭✭

I put one in for a Steelers 1960’s decade set about a year ago. To me that one would easy cause all you're doing is combining sets that are already set up. Still nothing but hopefully someday they will get to it.

• Options
    fhennessy15fhennessy15 Posts: 8
    edited February 13, 2023 7:46AM

Instead of working through the backlog I would think about just deleting all the requests and starting fresh, maybe with priority on sets that were requested previously. Some of those sets, at least on the prior side are very niche, who knows if the person still even wants that set added. I've talked to people who requested sets but then changed their focus.

They seem to do pretty well on the baseball side but to me it's astounding that players like Joe Burrow, Justin Herbert, Jayson Tatum, LaMelo Ball, Auston Matthews, Cale Makar don't have basic player sets,

• Options

I wonder why they would pause it? Does it have to do with the market shifting downward or is there a significant backlog? I sent a request in about 6 months ago and now I'm questioning whether I really did send it in. Haha. I made a comment about the weights and just figured they were waiting for market data.

• Options

I agree, it would be nice to see the request option available again. Perhaps they could streamline it by category and prioritize it in a way where the easier set requests are worked before the larger or more obscure sets? I have a few sets I would like to see added and would go as far as to provide the checklists with descriptions if it would help get them added to the cue.

• Options
    fhennessy15fhennessy15 Posts: 8
    edited September 28, 2023 2:10PM

To be honest, they've added next to nothing for sets since they paused the request option. It's pretty safe to say adding sets is not a priority with whoever is in charge of decision making within that group.

• Options

@fhennessy15 said:
    To be honest, they've added next to nothing for sets since they paused the request option. It's pretty safe to say adding sets is not a priority with whoever is in charge of decision making within that group.

I have seen many of my requests for slot adds be processed recently...perhaps this is the priority for now? I can image some of the more obscure requests can take quite some time compared to say your smaller insert sets or even the entire set checklist for a new product set for 2023. Add to this the addition of Pokemon, Funko Pop, and game tickets...I'm not sure how to process it all. We also just had the set registry annual awards so I'm assuming that took resources away to data mine the winners. I think Cosetta does a good job in what appears to be a very daunting task and I'm assuming resources get pulled for grading.

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭

It would be nice to get some sort of idea of where they are in getting this live again.

Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards