Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Sweden 20 KR gold set impossible to complete?

I have had fun building a nice Sweden 20 Kronor gold set. The only registered public set at PCGS. I am missing one coin for the set and am not sure it I'll ever be able to fill this slot. The registry includes a 1876/5 ST slot. I have never seen one nor can I find any that have ever been graded or sold.

PCGS's population is 0, NGC which has graded thousands more than PCGS has 0, ANACS has 0. NGC doesn't have the slot in their registry set. I have emailed the set registry email address at least 2 times over the past few months and can't even get a reply.

What am I to do? Just live with a slot that can never be filled? Any idea how to get PCGS to remove this slot? It's super frustrating.

Comments

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭✭✭

@markinsd said:
    I have had fun building a nice Sweden 20 Kronor gold set. The only registered public set at PCGS. I am missing one coin for the set and am not sure it I'll ever be able to fill this slot. The registry includes a 1876/5 ST slot. I have never seen one nor can I find any that have ever been graded or sold.

PCGS's population is 0, NGC which has graded thousands more than PCGS has 0, ANACS has 0. NGC doesn't have the slot in their registry set. I have emailed the set registry email address at least 2 times over the past few months and can't even get a reply.

What am I to do? Just live with a slot that can never be filled? Any idea how to get PCGS to remove this slot? It's super frustrating.

Try again to get to the actual PCGS Registry folks, a phone call sometimes works better. Call early in their day and have them call you back so you do not have to wait in a long queue.

Ask them to make the coin "optional" because it has never been graded. They will ask the "experts" to verify and when they do, you should get a positive response.

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭✭

According to Roberto Delzanno's book on Swedish gold coins published in 2019, which I would consider definitive at this point in time, there is no such thing as a 76/5, so I wouldn't worry about finding one. But you should keep an eye out for the 77/6, which is apparently quite rare. Here are pics of the most recently sold example.

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 22, 2023 6:20AM

I just received my copy of Sveriges Mynt 1521-2021 in the mail today. It confirms my previous post.

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    markinsdmarkinsd Posts: 112 ✭✭

@MrEureka said:
    According to Roberto Delzanno's book on Swedish gold coins published in 2019, which I would consider definitive at this point in time, there is no such thing as a 76/5, so I wouldn't worry about finding one. But you should keep an eye out for the 77/6, which is apparently quite rare. Here are pics of the most recently sold example.

Thanks for this note. I'll keep an eye out for one!

FYI, PCGS removed the 76/5 from the set. :)