Home Autographs Forum
Options

Need Help identifying actress/performer from 1932 photo

pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another estate sale find. I don't know if she was a singer or movie star. It was taken at the Canell Studio in N.Y. I believe the inscription reads "To the sweetest boy called Pat. Best wishes, ???(Her signature) Colonial Inn 2/1/32. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Options

BUMP. I can't believe it's been over a year, and I still can't figure this one out. Any help greatly appreciated.

• Options
    JMS1223JMS1223 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don’t have any idea who it is but it’s entirely possible it isn’t someone famous or maybe they used to be a little famous but have since entirely faded away in history.

• Options

@JMS1223 said:
    Don’t have any idea who it is but it’s entirely possible it isn’t someone famous or maybe they used to be a little famous but have since entirely faded away in history.

Thank you. I am hoping someone could make out her name at least.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21, 2023 10:59AM

I can't even tell if those are As or Cs that start her names.

You might be better off getting a better photo of the photo and doing an image search on the internet.

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think they are As. It looks like the first name might be Aelita, which is in fact a name.

• Options

Thanks to all for the helpful suggestions. I was thinking the first letter in both the last and first names are the same, they appear very similar, and possibly an A or E.