Home Stamps Forum

Cold Winter Day...

CCDollarCCDollar Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 9, 2022 7:57PM in Stamps Forum

Blizzard outside...wood stove a' blazing. Got a new scanner and printer a while ago and decided to have some fun today. Take care...

CC

Nickel Triumph...My Led Zepps

Comments

• pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭✭

those are beauties.

• milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭

Wow.......I thought you were going say that you were going to put those in the stove to keep warm.
    haha
    Bob

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • CCDollarCCDollar Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭✭

@milbroco said:
    Wow.......I thought you were going say that you were going to put those in the stove to keep warm.
    haha
    Bob

Sort of click bait but this is the Stamp Forum...LOL. Take care...

Those are great looking stamps. I cannot wait for 3.5 years when I retire. I have quite a lot of stamps to go through and sort. I bought a few collections and mildly went through them. My grandfather got my brother and myself started stamp collecting when we were young. We moved onto baseball cards and I currently buy and sell baseball cards on ebay.
    However, stamps are our true collecting love so, I sell a few stamps from a few collections I bought and saved a lotto go through later.

• ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭

I only have C4 and C5 in my collection. I'm not an expert in this area, but the centering on yours look fine to this amateur.

@milbroco said:
    haha
    Bob

There was a time when I did have enough stamps to throw in the old wood stove to keep warm for a day or two.
    Take care...CC

CDDollar. I love the C1 and C2 you have there. The cancel does not take away form the stamp and the centering is oh so nice.
    I think on Thanksgiving my brother and I may go through some of my grandfathers stamp and coin collection he left for me and my brother. It will bring back memories of looking at hem when we went to our grandparents for Thanksgiving dinner back in the 60's and 70's.
    Bob

edited November 19, 2022 8:57AM

@milbroco said:
    CDDollar. I love the C1 and C2 you have there. The cancel does not take away form the stamp and the centering is oh so nice.
    I think on Thanksgiving my brother and I may go through some of my grandfathers stamp and coin collection he left for me and my brother. It will bring back memories of looking at hem when we went to our grandparents for Thanksgiving dinner back in the 60's and 70's.
    Bob

Nice...Sixty plus years of collecting everything, but Stamps are still Comfort food. Take care...CC

As you can tell I like used early airmails. This came today...PSE genuine/sound. #C17's are tough...

Take care...CC

• GansetttimeGansetttime Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

Air mail issues aside from the C3 and C13-15 are very underrated, and undervalued.
    You have some beautiful examples!

• pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have always loved the old airmail stamps.

Did we all survive the Snow...Yikes. It always seems that when I order something in the winter a storm hits. I dug this out of the mail box. Take care and have a nice New Years.

CC

This is kind of like the Testing Site...Take Care and enjoy your collecting...

CC

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice used examples!

All glory is fleeting.
    edited January 18, 2023 6:25PM

Someone should have a nice stamp to post in their collection...what is it with stamp collectors? What Ya got...anyhow...take care...

CC

• Cancels are important.