Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question about new pricing tiers

Does anyone know what will happen with an order that was en route to PSA while the new pricing tiers were announced?

I submitted an order using $50 economy, which is no longer a tier offered. Will this be bumped up to $75 with those expected turnarounds or will it be dropped to $40 (the closest tier)?

Or do they just process as-submitted and maintain that price and expected timeframe?

Comments

• Options

I would think it would stay at the $50 since it was already entered into the system before the change.

• Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭

I did not realize they changed. There are some lower prices. I guess the grading frenzy is slowing down.

You can contact customer service to get an accurate response on your question. I think they will honor the deal that was made at the time.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭✭

As long as it was postmarked before the change, it should be honored at that level. That's what they do for monthly specials, so I don't see why this would be any different.

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 979 ✭✭✭✭✭

@82FootballWaxMemorys said:

@DeutscherGeist said:
    I did not realize they changed. There are some lower prices. I guess the grading frenzy is slowing down.

Lean times are a comin' for them. I for one will not forgot how I/we were treated while they rode high on the hog.

Yes they are coming. They’d better have some great vintage deals coming this spring (and I don’t mean $15/card). Even if they have that same deal I’ll hold off sending. All these are for my PC so I’m waiting for them to get serious about needing the business.

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

It will be processed under the tier you entered it. You have 30 days to send it in once you complete the submission form. It doesn't matter if it was postmarked after the pricing change.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    GoTigersGoTigers Posts: 47 ✭✭✭

I was just looking at these prices to see what the new baseline apparently was going to be and $19 for value bulk/lowest tier is ridiculous. I kept thinking I was missing something. I just made a submission in the $15 modern special and felt OK about it but wasn't thrilled. Apparently there must not be any current specials going on. Are they going to do the quarterly specials again? Also, are they going to do the vouchers again when you buy your membership or is that never coming back?

• Options

@GoTigers said:
    I was just looking at these prices to see what the new baseline apparently was going to be and $19 for value bulk/lowest tier is ridiculous. I kept thinking I was missing something. I just made a submission in the $15 modern special and felt OK about it but wasn't thrilled. Apparently there must not be any current specials going on. Are they going to do the quarterly specials again? Also, are they going to do the vouchers again when you buy your membership or is that never coming back?

Good questions.

I think they will probably monitor and gauge demand with their latest pricing changes and then offer some kind of special in the near future. They are playing things very cautiously so they don't get flooded again. Right now, at least, the turnaround times are very good.

• Options
    NatsageekNatsageek Posts: 6
    edited January 8, 2023 10:56PM

Does anyone know of a reliable/reputable website that can provide set checklists that include current card price values? I know that is allot to ask and probably far too much work for anyone to realistically supply to the average collector, however we have an inventory of over 100K + cards that we auction and finding the perfect "way" to keep an accurate inventory and price guide has been my biggest struggle. Everyone refers to and swears by eBay however the algorithms tend to prevent a user from finding the correct sold price. I am not sure if anyone else has run into this dilemma but I have encountered it over and over again. I run into the same query issue: minimal items shown, price is well below realistic or void. Any help would be greatly appreciated. o:)
    I have a very useful spreadsheet that does all sorts of tracking etc but accurate pricing is my thorn :#
    Sites I have used for price guides:
    eBay
    130point
    comc
    sportscardinvestor
    sportscardspro
    tcg
    beckett
    priceguides
    sportscollectors
    cardboardconnection
    collx
    sportscarddatabase
    JUST TO NAME A FEW

Kids these days want a trophy for last place. When did entitlement become a requirement?

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Natsageek said:
    Does anyone know of a reliable/reputable website that can provide set checklists that include current card price values? I know that is allot to ask and probably far too much work for anyone to realistically supply to the average collector, however we have an inventory of over 100K + cards that we auction and finding the perfect "way" to keep an accurate inventory and price guide has been my biggest struggle. Everyone refers to and swears by eBay however the algorithms tend to prevent a user from finding the correct sold price. I am not sure if anyone else has run into this dilemma but I have encountered it over and over again. I run into the same query issue: minimal items shown, price is well below realistic or void. Any help would be greatly appreciated. o:)
    I have a very useful spreadsheet that does all sorts of tracking etc but accurate pricing is my thorn :#
    Sites I have used for price guides:
    eBay
    130point
    comc
    sportscardinvestor
    sportscardspro
    tcg
    beckett
    priceguides
    sportscollectors
    cardboardconnection
    collx
    sportscarddatabase
    JUST TO NAME A FEW

Have you tried this?

https://www.psacard.com/auctionprices

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@1951WheatiesPremium
    From what I can see, that only gives me "graded" prices and I am looking for "ungraded" however that helps me when our graded cards come back. Thank you :)

Kids these days want a trophy for last place. When did entitlement become a requirement?

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Natsageek said:
    Everyone refers to and swears by eBay however the algorithms tend to prevent a user from finding the correct sold price. I am not sure if anyone else has run into this dilemma but I have encountered it over and over again.

On ebay, go to your seller hub, then the Research tab at the top, and you can search actual sold prices from the past 2 full years. It displays the best offer accepted prices, not just the list prices. The results displayed are different from and more accurate than what you'd get if you just went looking for sold items on the regular ebay listings page.

• Options
    dtmodeldtmodel Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

Woah, Nice. I just tried above, Very helpful. I've been on Ebay for 25 years and learned something new today. A big thank you!

• Options
    pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 482 ✭✭✭

@miwlvrn said:

@Natsageek said:
    Everyone refers to and swears by eBay however the algorithms tend to prevent a user from finding the correct sold price. I am not sure if anyone else has run into this dilemma but I have encountered it over and over again.

On ebay, go to your seller hub, then the Research tab at the top, and you can search actual sold prices from the past 2 full years. It displays the best offer accepted prices, not just the list prices. The results displayed are different from and more accurate than what you'd get if you just went looking for sold items on the regular ebay listings page.

Do you have to be a seller to see that. I usually go to the sold and completed items and that lists items sold the last few months.

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pdoidoi said:

@miwlvrn said:

@Natsageek said:

Do you have to be a seller to see that. I usually go to the sold and completed items and that lists items sold the last few months.

No, you can get in there even if you're not a seller, as long as you click the box that says start using seller hub. Here's the URL:

https://www.ebay.com/sh/research?marketplace=EBAY-US&tabName=SOLD

• Options
    pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 482 ✭✭✭

@miwlvrn said:

@pdoidoi said:

@miwlvrn said:

@Natsageek said:

No, you can get in there even if you're not a seller, as long as you click the box that says start using seller hub. Here's the URL:

https://www.ebay.com/sh/research?marketplace=EBAY-US&tabName=SOLD

Very nice info, Thank you.