Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Question about Registry Set, "Set Composition"

I have a Registry Set of 1953 Proof Coins. I created this set earlier this year from five raw 1953 proof coins that I had graded.

The cent in the set graded 1953 PF67CAM. I was able to include this cent in my 1953 proof Registry Set.

I posted a Trueview Photo of this cent on the US Coin Forum. Another forumite replied stating that my cent is the 1953 DDO, FS-101 Variety.

I sent the cent back to PCGS for variety attribution. The coin was returned to me in a holder that states the coin is the 1953 DDO, FS-101 variety, with a grade of PF67 CAM.

However, my 1953 proof Registry Set now does not include this cent within it.

I navigated to the Set Composition link for the 1953 proof set and clicked it. I was taken to a list of the five coins in the set. I clicked on the cent link. The information shown for this cent does not include the 1953 DDO, FS-101 variety.

Is there a way that I can add this 1953 DDO, FS-101 PF67 CAM cent to my 1953 Proof Registry Set? Or is it not possible to add a variety to the 1953 Proof Registry Set because the variety is not included in the "Set Composition"?

Comments

• Options
    NorCalJackNorCalJack Posts: 516 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kevin,

Well it is my understanding that you can add varieties to regular sets. So I just made a 1953 Proof Registry Set. The only coin I have is a quarter, but I have 3 different quarters. A PR64, PR67CAM and PR68CAM DDO. After I created the set it gave me the option to add any of the three coins. So I added the DDO and it accepted it. You can look at my set as I am ranked 108th in the set, but I have the highest set of anyone 20% complete. Lol.

If you go to "Edit Set" (there is a pencil shaped icon). Then it should give you the option to Add Coin. Hopefully this was helpful.

• Options
    JonJetJonJet Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    edited December 29, 2022 6:57PM

@SanctionII

Open Your 1953 Set

Click "Report A Cert That Should Match This Composite" and select the 1c slot

PCGS will add the cert to the slot and You can use it

I doubt they will add the variety slot - but they'll allow it to be used in the 1c slot

My 1957-2022 Proof Set Collection Has Been Sold

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

NorCal Jack and Jonjet.

Thank you for your advice. I was able to successfully add my 1953 DDO, FS-101 PF67 CAM cent to my 1953 Proof Registry Set.

Doing so bumped up my set about 50 spots on the rankings.

• Options
    winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great set! Finding a nice PR67 or PR67CAM Franklin Half that YOU like will give you more of a boost! It’s doable in terms of pops and probably cost as well!

IF by chance your budget allows AND you choose to be comfortable spending the money, there’s a nice PR68CAM with a CAC in the Heritage auction next Wednesday. However, for me, there are some slots that I choose to spend only three figures on, even though I can afford to go higher. It’s a matter of comfort.

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996