Home PSA Set Registry Forum

1955 Topps All American questions!

I have recently started a PSA Set Registery for the 1955 topps all american set. I am trying for PSA5 and up, and was wondering about a few things. What is the cash card in the set? Is there a very limited SP in the set? What are they key cards, and how much should i exspect to pay for them PSA 5, 6, 7?

LMK Thanks,

Jon
Hof Collector!

PSA Set Registry: Pristine Machine

Wantlist:
Football:
1935 Chicle
1948 leaf
1952 Bowman mini
**1955 topps**

Baseball:
1953 Topps Satchel Paige
Caramel Cards

soccerman034@hotmail.com

Comments

• Jon,

I'm planning on taking a crack at this issue once I finish my '59 Topps Football Set. Haing said that, I have alot of time before I jump in to this on (LOL!!!). From what I can tell you, and the board members will correct me if I am wrong, the two big guns in this set are #37 Jim Thorpe and #68 The Four Horseman. The SMR for a PSA 9 Four Horseman is $4,500 but one sold earlier this year for a little over $10,000. There are several SP's in the set; #'s 18, 21 (ERROR), 26 29, 35, 36, 42, 68, 84, 97, 98, and 100 to name a few. Although #90, O' Rourke, is not an SP it is very tough in high grade (only 20 PSA 8's and 3 PSA 9's out of 120 Total submissions (0 PSA 10's)). There are also a few wrong back variations that are pretty scarce (which includes the #21 Whizzer White Error (Gaynell Tinsley Back). I wish you the best! I've only scratched the surface on this set so I am sorry I couldn't be more help. image

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • Thanks alot!

I actually have a few right now, just picked up the Donchess SP
    Hof Collector!

PSA Set Registry: Pristine Machine

Wantlist:
    Football:
    1935 Chicle
    1948 leaf
    1952 Bowman mini
    **1955 topps**

Baseball:
    1953 Topps Satchel Paige
    Caramel Cards

soccerman034@hotmail.com
  • I am not sure if this is the correct email to ask this question to but if it is not can you point me in the right direction

I have about 235 + 1955 topps all american football cards some that I can not find a value on. They are misprinted cards.
    The front is #94 Chuck Bernard and back is #35 Tom Harmon
    The front is # 1 Herman Hickman and back is #65 Joe Donchess
    The front is #98 Beattie Feather and back is #100 Wilber Henry.

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

@skeeter003 said:
    I am not sure if this is the correct email to ask this question to but if it is not can you point me in the right direction

I have about 235 + 1955 topps all american football cards some that I can not find a value on. They are misprinted cards.
    The front is #94 Chuck Bernard and back is #35 Tom Harmon
    The front is # 1 Herman Hickman and back is #65 Joe Donchess
    The front is #98 Beattie Feather and back is #100 Wilber Henry.

Welcome. This is not an email, just to clarify, so you won’t receive a response directly from PSA, if that was your goal. With all that said, I can tell you that there is no price guide for misprints. Most collectors find little to no value in them, but the right collector (especially one who collects that player) might find them interesting enough to spend a few sheckles. Value is in the eye of the buyer. Just need to be patient for the right one to come along.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

I am reasonably knowledgeable about this beautiful set having completed it in PSA 7 about a year ago and now 79% complete in my upgrade to PSA 8. I actually have more than half the set in PSA 7 as doubles. I haven't sold them because I really enjoy making trades for other cards in different sets that I need. For me it isn't all about the money.

Happy to share any wisdom I may have and also to offer up many cards for future sale/trade.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Skeeter 003: I would be interested in your three 1955 All Americans. This is my first posting, so just trying to figure out how this works.