Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My ebay 'standard envelopes' are no longer getting scanned. UPDATE by jmlanzaf.

thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 3, 2022 4:33AM in U.S. Coin Forum

This just started early last week.
For the longest time, I had about a 98% scan rate on these. So, for the past 10 days or so, I'm at 0% for about 15 or so envelopes. I've tried mailing them from 4 different locations. They're counting it against my Top-Rated status, so there goes that. Doesn't get me a cup of coffee anyway.
Something changed around here. I do think though, if they never get scanned, I won't be charged for the label. So there's that......
Is this happening to anyone else ?

Comments

• Options
    PRIZ430PRIZ430 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭

You are correct... All my items in transit stopped showing activity on Oct 27th, and none mailed since are showing any tracking activity. I guess there is a system issue.

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

looks like me too.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess I lucked out by not getting any such sales, business is pretty dead anyway. Last time a few weeks ago, one showed good tracking and the other one or so scan.

• Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same thing is happening to me. All seven shipped on or after October 27 have not been scanned. Has anyone contacted eBay yet?

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options
    goodmoney4badmoneygoodmoney4badmoney Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭✭

I have two that I mailed Monday with no scans at all so far.

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

So tell us what Ebay and the USPS says as those are the most appropriate sources to direct your complaint if you have not already done so

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

eBay standard envelope Terms and Conditions

https://pages.ebay.com/sell/standarddelivery/termsofservice.html

When you place an order, you agree:

f. that you agree to comply with the terms of our Carriers including, USPS and Easyship

Easyship Terms of Service (United States)

https://www.easyship.com/legal/terms/us

Under no circumstances Easyship will be held responsible or liable for any damage, destruction, loss, late delivery of Shipment, failures in handling in shipments to couriers, failed or late shipment collection by Courier, or any issues with tracking updates, for any Courier

FWIW...

• Options

In the event of a lost envelope that never received a scan, I don't think that ebay will cover the loss.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

My shipments from October 28 have been scanned delivered. The later ones do not show "in transit".

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe this should be the "not so Easyship"... If f. is part of the fine print, this option seems less than fine.

And I'll leave it at that.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    alefzeroalefzero Posts: 875 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always take them to the post office counter for an acceptance scan with receipt. Am there checking the POB anyway.

• Options

@alefzero said:
    I always take them to the post office counter for an acceptance scan with receipt. Am there checking the POB anyway.

It's my understanding that for eBay standard envelop there is no acceptance scan. They are only scanned at major distribution hubs along with the rest of regular first class mail.

• Options
    edited November 2, 2022 1:32PM

@alefzero said:

You get scans at the counter with eBay Standard Envelope labels?

Rhetorical- no reply necessary.

• Options

@alefzero said:

I've been told by two offices that this is not possible. We are talking about the ebay 'standard envelopes', not a first class mailing package or a flat rate offering.

• Options

@thebeav said:

@alefzero said:

I've been told by two offices that this is not possible. We are talking about the ebay 'standard envelopes', not a first class mailing package or a flat rate offering.

It's not possible. People are commenting on the topic (this thread and others) without understanding what "eBay Standard Envelope" is. The scans are done by sorting machines at the distribution center. Local POs don't have these machines.

• Options

@alefzero said:

Can't be done.

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

First time I have one not get scanned at any point distribution, enroute or delivery, luckily one of my good customers notified me they had it

Jim

• Options
    AtcarrollAtcarroll Posts: 345 ✭✭✭

On the buyers end, the last two eBay purchases i made from sellers who shipped via eBay standard envelopes arrived with zero tracking activity. It seems like USPS has just stopped providing tracking info on these.

• Options
    alefzeroalefzero Posts: 875 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought eBay standard envelope label simply meant a postage label purchased through eBay and applied not some other product. Generally stopped affixing stamps and using counter service postage, opting for lower priced eBay. Just assumed that was what was referred to. I know the eBay purchased postage labels do work and are scanned for acceptance. Not sure about that other beast.

• Options
    edited November 2, 2022 8:07PM

@alefzero said:
    I thought eBay standard envelope label simply meant a postage label purchased through eBay and applied not some other product. Generally stopped affixing stamps and using counter service postage, opting for lower priced eBay. Just assumed that was what was referred to. I know the eBay purchased postage labels do work and are scanned for acceptance. Not sure about that other beast.

No. EBay Standard is a specific tier of service. They scan through the QR postage code. There is no bar code.

• Options

It seems they are scanned delivered (in most cases) but not along the route. We'll have to wait and see if it is temporary glitch or a permanent change in mail handling. Until then... full steam ahead!

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    It seems they are scanned delivered (in most cases) but not along the route.

I have a couple from Oct. 26 that show "In transit" and one from the 27th that shows "Accepted". Nothing later than that.

• Options

It appears that they are being scanned and tracked but ebay is not receiving the data. If you use parcelsapp.com you can see the tracking.

Since it is an ebay problem, I'm sure they will protect the top-rated seller status.

• Options

@MasonG said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    It seems they are scanned delivered (in most cases) but not along the route.

I have a couple from Oct. 26 that show "In transit" and one from the 27th that shows "Accepted". Nothing later than that.

Yes. In the 27th or 28th, it appears something broke. See my prior post about parcelsapp.com

• Options
    edited November 2, 2022 8:26PM

@jmlanzaf said:
    It appears that they are being scanned and tracked but ebay is not receiving the data. If you use parcelsapp.com you can see the tracking.

Just checked the ones I mailed today at 1PM on parcelsapp.com. They show as "In transit" 2 hours later. Good to know about parcelsapp.com in case a buyer asks.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thebeav said:

Something changed around here. I do think though, if they never get scanned, I won't be charged for the label. So there's that......

you were charged for the label when you bought. Post Office now has your money.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

Since it is an ebay problem, I'm sure they will protect the top-rated seller status.

That 'parcels app' is a great discovery, thanks for posting it.
    Yes, I hope ebay figures it out and lets me 'off-the-hook'. I was just reevaluated and I see they have counted 7 of these against me. I would rather not have to call and try and talk to someone if I don't have to. Well, they have a month to get it right. At least, from my perspective. I was just put at 95.05% of 'uploaded on time'. Well, we'll see.......

• Options

@derryb said:

The 'standard envelopes' don't work that way. With any type of package, you pay right away. Envelopes don't get charged to you until they receive at least one scan. You can't void them either. If you print one by mistake, you just don't use it and you will never pay.

• Options

@thebeav said:

@derryb said:

The 'standard envelopes' don't work that way. With any type of package, you pay right away. Envelopes don't get charged to you until they receive at least one scan. You can't void them either. If you print one by mistake, you just don't use it and you will never pay.

Yeah, I just got charged for 7 eBay standard envelopes from October 27 to 31st. Maybe they are fixing the data link.

• Options

Well, it looks like I'll be on the phone with these people. They've charged me with 24 envelopes that they didn't get the info for. Takes me down to 89 % compliance. Gives me a stomach ache just thinking about making the call. I could just let it go and be back at top rated in 3 months.

• Options

@thebeav said:
    Well, it looks like I'll be on the phone with these people. They've charged me with 24 envelopes that they didn't get the info for. Takes me down to 89 % compliance. Gives me a stomach ache just thinking about making the call. I could just let it go and be back at top rated in 3 months.

I'm at 94.52% this morning. I'll be in the phone que right behind you. :(

• Options
    edited November 4, 2022 6:52AM

@tommy44 said:

@thebeav said:

I'm at 94.52% this morning. I'll be in the phone que right behind you. :(

Oddly, I'm still at 100%.

Edited to add: I checked my other account and I'm down to 97%. All related to shipments from 10/28 that have no carrier scans.

I'm not going to hop on the phone. I trust eBay to sort it out eventually. They can easily grant amnesty for the time frame in question.

• Options
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,871 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just hand them to a clerk or drop them in the box. Then I pray.

• Options
  • Options

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    I just hand them to a clerk or drop them in the box. Then I pray.

If I hand them to a clerk, they look at the label and tell me I need more postage so I don't try that anymore. I just drop them in the box.

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is what my Ebay Concierge said:

"Thank you for contacting eBay Concierge Support. My name is Amber, it's a pleasure to assist you. I hope you are having a great day! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

We are currently experiencing a site issue that is causing this. Good news is I have added your account to our open IT report, to ensure this is recorded while we are working on getting this fixed. There is currently not an approximate fix date for this, but this issue is expected to be fixed as soon as possible. In the meantime, may I suggest tracking eBay Standard Envelope shipments through Parcelsapp.com, and providing tracking updates to your buyer directly through eBay messaging.

I'm glad that I had the opportunity to clarify the situation, and I appreciate your patience during the resolution. Thank you for being a valued member of our eBay Concierge program. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to reach out to us. We would love to help you. "

• Options

Now at 89.61%. Sure hope they get this fixed fast

• Options

I haven't called them, but it appears that they're working on this. I've had some tracking info starting to appear on the site, and my compliance total is creeping back up.

• Options

Seems they fixed the problem, and on a weekend no less. Thank you eBay.

• Options
    uscoinguyuscoinguy Posts: 150 ✭✭✭

For what it is worth, I was worried about these non scans impacting my Top Seller Rating. It was at 93%, but when eBay did the new evaluation it went back up to 100%. So they may show up as being 'tracking not uploaded on time", but then any Standard Envelopes must be cleared at then end of the evaluation period. I am glad I did not need to call and explain the issue to an eBay rep!

Always trying to learn more
  • Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a surprize to me. The USPS doesn't scan a lot of theirs either. But they have some great reasons why they can't do their job. Not enough truckers, COVID, Substitutes not trained, and give it time it has only been 20 days, it will show up- it is in transit.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

@uscoinguy said:
    For what it is worth, I was worried about these non scans impacting my Top Seller Rating. It was at 93%, but when eBay did the new evaluation it went back up to 100%. So they may show up as being 'tracking not uploaded on time", but then any Standard Envelopes must be cleared at then end of the evaluation period. I am glad I did not need to call and explain the issue to an eBay rep!

Same here.....I wasn't looking forward to having to make the call. They fixed it automatically.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file