Home Q & A Forum
Options

1951S Major Wheat Penny Errors

Hey everyone,

What are your thoughts here? Struck through grease error? What else is going on here?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, but it just looks like a new cent that has seen a hard life in circulation

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options

@Oldhoopster thanks for the feedback! It’s interesting because i found similar coins with those errors.

• Options
    WilliamFWilliamF Posts: 831 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a possible grease filled die to me, I have a similar one that I will post a picture of later if I can find it

."It's a dangerous business... going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to" -JRR Tolkien_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Outstanding BST transactions as a seller, buyer and trader with: ----- mustanggt, Kliao, claudewill87, MWallace, paesan, mpbuck82, moursund, basetsb, lordmarcovan, JWP, Coin hunter 4, COINS MAKE CENTS, PerryHall, Aspie_Rocco, Braddick, DBSTrader2, SanctionII, Histman, The_Dinosaur_Man, jesbroken, CentSearcher ------ANA Member #3214817

• Options
    WilliamFWilliamF Posts: 831 ✭✭✭✭✭

."It's a dangerous business... going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to" -JRR Tolkien_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Outstanding BST transactions as a seller, buyer and trader with: ----- mustanggt, Kliao, claudewill87, MWallace, paesan, mpbuck82, moursund, basetsb, lordmarcovan, JWP, Coin hunter 4, COINS MAKE CENTS, PerryHall, Aspie_Rocco, Braddick, DBSTrader2, SanctionII, Histman, The_Dinosaur_Man, jesbroken, CentSearcher ------ANA Member #3214817

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Missmoneypenny said:
    @Oldhoopster thanks for the feedback! It’s interesting because i found similar coins with those errors.

Yes, it's a partial debris filled die error. Nice that it's on the date, but you can still see the 1. Interesting but considered a minor error at best. Still cool to save if you like it

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2022 3:44PM

Loos like a grease problem. Kind of looks like it had a hard life while in circulation maybe even a battle on a parking lot, PMD. Have you tried putting it under a microscope and seeing if you can see an impression of a number?

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Greaser yes but not enough for a premuim

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"