Home Autographs Forum

PSA / DNA BULL*HIT!

I never post on here (or anywhere), but I feel I needed to say this somewhere...
I sent in a Michael Jordan Upper Deck Authenticated autographed item to get authenticated by PSA / DNA. I was very curious as to what would happen if I covered up the UDA hologram, so I did, and **IT DID NOT PASS AUTHENTICATION!! **
While I am aware there is no exact science to authenticating autographs, this was so disappointing. I know while Upper Deck's prices are astronomical, I am confident their autographs are real, so it is PSA / DNA who simply deemed it non-authentic because they assumed the Jordan autograph was not from Upper Deck.
How terrible!

Comments

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2022 5:27AM

Why play games? If it was already authenticated by someone you trust, why send it elsewhere?

Authentication is a matter of opinion. PSA/DNA gave you theirs.

Also consider the (remote) possibility that a witnessed autograph might be deviant enough that it would not be generally authenticatable by a non-involved third party.

• IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭

how did you cover up the UD hologram?

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • JBKJBK Posts: 14,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ironmanfan said:
    how did you cover up the UD hologram?

IMF

I was wondering that myself.

Now I'm wondering if it was a Quick Opinion he got from PSA.

• IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭

share a photo of the item please

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.