Home Sports Talk
Options

Dolphins tailgater accidentally leaves grill on during game

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

A Dolphins tailgater accidentally left a grill on in the parking lot at a tailgating party for the Pats vs Dolphins game a few weeks ago, this is the end result, a bunch of cars went up in flames and were completely destroyed.

Comments

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

holy cow. hope he had insurance

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

You can see a plume of smoke in the background rising from the parking lot during the game, just imagine leaving the game and finding your car burnt to a crisp.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

That wasn't a tailgating accident, that was the Patriots season going up in flames in Week one. 😎

• Options

I've been trying to post a link of the video but for some reason I haven't been able to post links on here for about a week, something must be messed up on my phone. Anyway, thank you @countdouglas for bringing this story to my attention.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    I've been trying to post a link of the video but for some reason I haven't been able to post links on here for about a week, something must be messed up on my phone. Anyway, thank you @countdouglas for bringing this story to my attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUUELfQT24E

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 29, 2022 2:44PM

@craig44 said:
    holy cow. hope he had insurance

I hope THE OTHER PEOPLE had insurance!....you know......the owners of the cars that were destroyed because the BBQ guy is an IDIOT!!....And most of all I hope nobody got injured 😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵...HOLY COW!!!

Don't leave home without one.......and keep a couple in your kitchen!!!!!!

Don't be cheap!!!!!..... Buy a HALON FIRE EXTINGUISHER!!!!!!
    YOUR LIFE AND YOUR LOVED ONES LIVES MAY DEPEND ON IT SOME DAY!!!!........Oh, the stories I could tell...😪😪😪.....NOT PRETTY!!.....It's my business..... BE PREPARED!!!!...... HALON!.....HALON!.....And know how to use it!!!!

P.S. Halon is the chemical inside the cannister.....It is NOT an extinguisher brand name....I'm not pushing any particular brand!... The extinguisher pictured above?...... It's the best.....there are other HALON extinguishers.....don't settle for less.......HALON!!!!!..ONE LITTLE SQUIRT OF HALON SPRAY WILL PUT OUT A BBQ OR KITCHEN FIRE!!!!.....And.....an auto engine fire and not harm the electronics.....BUT!!!!......MY ADVISE??..... If your car engine ever starts on fire??????......GET AWAY!.....FAR FAR AWAY! ..LET IT BURN!.....IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!!!!.......IT'S A GASOLINE BOMB WAITING TO EXPLODE!!!!!..... GET AWAY!!!.....

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

11 cars, wow, I didn't realize it was that many. Thank you for the assist on the link! 🍻

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mayhem

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

11 cars, wow, I didn't realize it was that many. Thank you for the assist on the link! 🍻

I can just imagine the looks the grillmaster got once everyone in that section returned to their cars lol.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

so... would this be the grillmasters home insurance to cover this? I assume it would not be his car insurance as his car had nothing to do with the blaze. liability is a scary issue.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was the grill okay?

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

Nope, that wasn't the Dolphins tailgate party that I was referring to. It was a party before the Bills-Dolphins game where they had a tent set up in the parking lot and "live entertainment", Miami style. It's NSFW, so maybe it's best to just leave that one alone, but let's just say I'm VERY SURPRISED none of the other chaps on here has commented on it.
    Let's just say it was an otherwise sunny day in Miami but raining heavily inside the tent. The Dolphins fans were even kind enough to let a couple of Bills' participate in the festivities.