Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

Giveaway for Lurkers, Newbies, and Young Numismatists...

lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 10, 2022 2:38PM in Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

Hey Everyone... I was inspired by a recent giveaway that targeted the folks that "lurk" but don't post. I'd like to pick up on that idea and expand it just a bit to include the lurkers relatively new to this Forum (Joined within the last six months), those just starting out in the hobby and young numismatists (regardless of post-count).

The Giveaway: I spent a recent Saturday afternoon going through around $70 worth of change that I'd accumulated over the last couple of years. In the past, I'd throw any Wheat Cents, older Nickels and Indian Head Cents (yes, they're still out there, apparently) into the jar and just release them back "into the wild" by dumping them into a Coinstar bin and getting dollars. In the last couple of years, I've not gotten ANY silver! So, with this in mind, here is how the Giveaway will work... Guess the number of: Indian Head Cents/Lincoln Wheat Cents/Buffalo Nickels/Jefferson Nickels dated pre-1970... to come up with a composite number... for instance, If I found:

2 IHC's
15 Lincoln Wheat Cents
1 Buff nickel
2 pre-1970 Jefferson Nickels

The composite number would be: 2/15/1/2... or just, 21512 (for the sake of the drawing). In the very unlikely event of a tie, I'll use the number of foreign coins I found in this same batch... so: the Guess would be: 2/15/1/2, +1 foreign coin... If you don't think I found ANY IHC's (for example) just put a zero in that slot.

I'll draw a number using a random number generator (0-100000)... the closest composite number will win, and I'll use the number of foreign coins as a tie-breaker...

The Prize: OK, if you've read this far that means you're still interested! ;) If you win, you will receive all of the collector coins (IHC/Buff Nicks/Lincoln Wheats/pre-1970 Jeffs) I was going to dump into the Coinstar bin, plus an Uncirculated 1955-D Washington Quarter... since I was bummed I hadn't found ANY silver in a long time...

I'll post this over in Tags & Giveaways too to capture that crowd as well...

The Drawing: I'll draw next Sunday Evening (9/18/22) at 9:00 PM. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask... best of luck and happy change hunting!!

Here is the pile I started with... In progress...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.

Comments

• thnx

• WilliamFWilliamF Posts: 832 ✭✭✭✭✭

I definitely don't qualify as a lurker... I'm kind of a newbie to the forum (joined 5 months ago) and I'm almost a YN (I'm 20)
    If I qualify, cool, if not that's just fine :)
    But I am still going to guess the coin numbers whether I qualify or not ;)

I'm going to say...
    1 IHC
    11 LWC's
    2 Buffs
    8 pre-1970 Jeffersons

Looks like a good pile! :)

."It's a dangerous business... going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to" -JRR Tolkien_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Outstanding BST transactions as a seller, buyer and trader with: ----- mustanggt, Kliao, claudewill87, MWallace, paesan, mpbuck82, moursund, basetsb, lordmarcovan, JWP, Coin hunter 4, COINS MAKE CENTS, PerryHall, Aspie_Rocco, Braddick, DBSTrader2, SanctionII, Histman, The_Dinosaur_Man, jesbroken, CentSearcher ------ANA Member #3214817

• lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

@miles_long said:
    thnx

Hi @miles_long ... welcome to the Forum! Please put in a guess to be included in the drawing.... best of luck!

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

Apologies for the lateness... busy weekend! :smile:

...and the winner is @WilliamF

Congrats! You're the lucky winner of the Change Find Giveaway.

There was:
    1 IHC
    10 Wheats
    3 Buffs
    3 Jeff's

• steve76020steve76020 Posts: 367 ✭✭✭

i would have said 00000

• Congrats to William I did not enter but am a newbie. Just advanced one tier.