Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Collectors Looking for PCGS Walker's w/CAC, Mainly MS65, 66

winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 10, 2022 8:19AM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Each week I search many sites for coins I need. One of those sites is David Lawrence Rare Coins (DLRC). I see that in their upcoming auction #1235 they have 34 Walker's graded by PCGS mainly MS65 and MS66, each with a CAC. These 34 each have the DLRC Five Stars for eye appeal. As a generalization, these are NOT toners. I am NOT the consigner, and I don't know the consigner. I have no personal interest in these coins, and will NOT be bidding. I made this post ONLY for the purpose of potentially helping out others who may have interest in this series. There are an additional 31 other Walker's in that auction also with a CAC, but those only have the DLRC Four Stars for eye appeal.

If the consigner reads this, he or she can contact me to get the name of my favorite charity, and make a donation in my honor, lol.

Steve

While I have made a couple of edits, those were just for spelling and grammar. The three sentences in bold in the middle of the main paragraph were included when I created this post very early today.

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996

Comments

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for sharing ☺️

• Options
    erscoloerscolo Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, thank you for sharing this. I have purchased from them before, and have not been disappointed.

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems like a post for the BST. I know many will disagree.

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Catbert said:

Or maybe on the PCGS Set Registry Forum?

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    Pnies20Pnies20 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good guy for looking out!

BHNC #248 … 108 and counting.

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Catbert said:

Do you attack Ian when he posts kool coins on Great Collections?

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@amwldcoin said:

@Catbert said:

Do you attack Ian when he posts kool coins on Great Collections?

Attack? Geez.

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options

@winosteve If you announced your aunt Sally was baking pies for sale from her front porch next week, would you give us directions?

If so, how about a link?

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Steve, I'll take a peak.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    fathomfathom Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @winesteven, heads up on stuff like this is appreciated, the auction houses probably don't mind either.

• Options
    DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the Walking Liberty Half Dollar is by far the most enjoyable series for my pocket depth. MS 65 - MS 66 short set coins aren't that expensive either. Should be spirited bidding. Thanks for the heads up.

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2022 8:27PM

@Broadstruck said:
    @winosteve If you announced your aunt Sally was baking pies for sale from her front porch next week, would you give us directions?

If so, how about a link?

I think you recognize this is a COIN forum, so I tried to help others out who might be interested in obtaining nice MS65 or 66 Walker’s graded by our host. Apparently the consignor put in an auction close to a complete set of Walker’s. So even though I have no interest in that series, the way I think, I wanted to alert others reading this forum that are interested in Walker’s so they can decide if they want to improve their collections. It’s clear you think differently than me in helping others with their collections.

Oh, this forum has nothing to do with baked pies, so I would have no interest in posting off topic information like that, lol. I’m surprised that’s the analogy you chose to make.

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options
    pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Broadstruck said:

If so, how about a link?

You picked Steve the wino not Steven the wine guy :smiley:

• Options
    bg1856bg1856 Posts: 27 ✭✭✭
    edited August 9, 2022 6:13PM

As always, thank you for your contributions to fellow collectors. Be well Steve

• Options
    JBNJBN Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭✭✭

This grouping also includes the early dates in circulated grades (most with CAC). Very nice collection.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are very nice coins and the post will steer WLH collectors in the right direction. Thanks for the information. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@pcgscacgold said:

@Broadstruck said:

If so, how about a link?

You picked Steve the wino not Steven the wine guy :smiley:

There's a difference? ;)

• Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m curious. Do you find DL’s five star for eye appeal to be reliable in general?

• Options

@skier07 said:
    I’m curious. Do you find DL’s five star for eye appeal to be reliable in general?

For ME, I will not buy any of their coins marked as Four Star. That doesn't mean I always like the eye appeal of every Five Star coin they show. Eye appeal is SO VERY subjective and personal.

I'm convinced there are many coins of mine that I like that you would not, and vice versa. But if DLRC is coming right out and saying it's Four Stars, I pass, but that's just me. Others may like it, and chances are a coin being Four Star for eye appeal will cost less than had the eye appeal been "better". Some collectors will accept that trade-off to save money, and that's OK!

Steve