Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins

WTS small coin lot 5 1960's Canadian Pennys XF/AU/MS? and 6 circulated 1939-52 dates

DanM55DanM55 Posts: 26

Im new on the forum and would like to build up my reputation here with some small transactions. If anyone would like these coins before i put them on Feebay. There is a 1953 but i dont think it has the rare shoulder fold. Im not sure what theyre worth if anything above face. I also have 25 circulated but in good condition 1960s Elizabeth II "first portraits" that i can include that arent pictured if interested. 3 or 4 of them are 1967 centenials. Nice circulated condition just brown toned like the ones below.

Comments

• 1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome.

The 1953 cent looks like the No Shoulder Fold or No Strap (please do not use the term "wrinkle"). Compare the shoulder area to the 1964 cents, the 1953 is lacking the two relatively parallel curved lines.

As for value, the 11 coins pictured are worth about $0.25 total USD. Sorry, these are very common. Like US wheat cents, the value is in full bright red and scarce dates.

Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Thank you for letting me know. Im new to coin collecting so i didnt know. I thought I could get something for them. Im sorry to waste everyones time lol.

• Thanks. If i find anything to sell that is worth more than a few bucks ill post it. I keep all my copper pennys and i live near Canada so i get a lot of them. They dont even make pennys anymore. I wonder if it worth keeping the non copper ones? or if i should just mix em in with my American cents and spend them lol! I just ordered a box of half dollars im gonna do my first ever coin hunt.

• DanM55DanM55 Posts: 26
    edited August 6, 2022 10:19AM

I didnt know about that. I like that site a lot tho. I use it al the time.

• 1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭✭

@DanM55 - I get a lot of Canadian cents from dealers and travelers in my area at exchange rates. I accumulate them in large quantities, separate them by monarch, and sell them on eBay starting at face value plus postage. Most sell for more than face usually enough to cover my costs. For Liz II all prior to 1997 are bronze. Everything from 1997 to 2012 are plated, these I take to Canada when I visit and run them thru Coinstar.

Try to find a recent copy (post 2011) of The Charlton Standard Catalogue Canadian Coins Volume One. It will list most of the dates to look for when roll hunting.

Good luck and have fun.

Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DanM55 said:
    Thanks. If i find anything to sell that is worth more than a few bucks ill post it. I keep all my copper pennys and i live near Canada so i get a lot of them. They dont even make pennys anymore. I wonder if it worth keeping the non copper ones? or if i should just mix em in with my American cents and spend them lol! I just ordered a box of half dollars im gonna do my first ever coin hunt.

Where do you live near the Canadian border?

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Yes i live right across the border by port huron. the small town where thomas edison was born. a lot of my family is from Canada.