Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

British £1

I have this note and it looks to me like the PMG description is wrong, the note is a Pick 359 not a Pick 357 because of the watermark. I cant tell how to identify if its a 359a or 359b because the dot doesnt look like any of the other 359a's i have, but it doesn't really look square to me either. Any british collectors with experience in these notes have an opinion?

Comments

• MAM0912MAM0912 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭

I'm not familiar with these notes but I do have a copy of "English Paper Money" 9th Ed.
    You're right, it's not T24 (English Paper Money Cat #). The prefix of N1 makes it T31/32 which I assume is P359a/b. For T32 (359b), it says the dot is a square dot or dash. I wonder if you have the dash. Here are the pages to confirm for yourself:

Marty

US Obsoletes esp NJ, WEB Notes,

National Iron Bank of Morristown (#1113) and Irish Currency
  • humanssuckhumanssuck Posts: 314 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MAM0912 said:
    I'm not familiar with these notes but I do have a copy of "English Paper Money" 9th Ed.
    You're right, it's not T24 (English Paper Money Cat #). The prefix of N1 makes it T31/32 which I assume is P359a/b. For T32 (359b), it says the dot is a square dot or dash. I wonder if you have the dash. Here are the pages to confirm for yourself:

Thank you, thats helpful. I'm thinking it's P359b / T32. I guess its going back to PMG to get fixed....

• Serial_no_8Serial_no_8 Posts: 418 ✭✭✭

Thank you, thats helpful. I'm thinking it's P359b / T32. I guess its going back to PMG to get fixed....

I agree. Here's a P-357 (U prefix without the watermarked paper):

-Thanks @MAM0912 - always wanted to see those pages (since SCWPM or PIck's descriptions are pretty vague)!