Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Yugioh & Pokemon Card set

My son has well over 200 cards spread across both games, but wants to sell them. What is the best way to sell them all and not one at a time? None are graded and he has some cards that are rare, and almost everyone that he's selling is a holo card. Thanks for any advice.

Don't quote me on that.

Comments

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭✭

I would go on ebay and search some of the individual cards and also search how lots are sold on ebay. That will give you a really good indication of what you have and what they may sell for.

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭

I agree with @dontippet above. I would also think that lots of the same series would probably sell well. If the 200 foils are across many different years then you might want to think about grouping them into separate lots.

And if you find you have cards of significant value, you should consider selling them individually.

Good luck!

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    UlyssesExtravaganzaUlyssesExtravaganza Posts: 480 ✭✭✭✭

A lot of how much you can expect to get back on Pokemon cards will depend on what your son was doing with them. If he loved to play the game with his friends then they might not have great resale value. If he bought them and immediately stored them in sheets in binders or something that protected them, they would have more value. Condition is a big part of it. Often the fronts will look nice but a lot of it is about if you see chipping along the blue borders on the back. Even a little of that can drop it a lot. On the front scratching in the foil area matters a lot as well. Of course the years and sets and the particular cards matter. You are more likely to have to some great values if they are 20 years old vs. 3. If 20 years old 1st Edition can add value. If you want to post some pics, front and back, that might help assess what you are holding. Characters matter. Charizard is kind of like your Jordan Gretzky but still a lot of other popular figures.

• Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

i recently went through 2000 old yugioh cards, from my son. just picked the ones that would get an 8 or higher with a loupe then i would see if they where rare or ultra rare and then, lookd at ebay for similar cards and comps.....
    sent in 15 in the last special ...... all will be worth more than $100 each if i get an 8 or higher..... and then he can keep them for his kid or whatever....

• Options
    edited August 3, 2022 6:20PM

@lawyer05 said:
    i recently went through 2000 old yugioh cards, from my son. just picked the ones that would get an 8 or higher with a loupe then i would see if they where rare or ultra rare and then, lookd at ebay for similar cards and comps.....
    sent in 15 in the last special ...... all will be worth more than $100 each if i get an 8 or higher..... and then he can keep them for his kid or whatever....

@lawyer05 Were the ones you sent to PSA all first editions?

Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

@threeofsix said:

@lawyer05 said:

@lawyer05 Were the ones you sent to PSA all first editions?

9 where first editions and 5 where early limited editions

• Options
    dmwestdmwest Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭

I guess I just need to take the time to go through them....sending to PSA isn't an option for most of them, since they are not worth getting graded.....

Don't quote me on that.

• Options

I think the experience here says to focus on 1st editions and early issues for raw cards…and check eBay recent sales.

Good luck.

Live long, and prosper.