Home Stamps Forum

Germany Scott 269 A35,b wmk,126 1923 Overprinted 2mill on 200 perf 14x14

acadienacadien Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

This is my first time trying to get the full details from a stamps. Am I correct on this or not. Any feed back would greatly be appreciated.

Best regard

Comments

• pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks about right but I would add MH (Mint hinged)

• acadienacadien Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

Gee, thanks a lot well appreciated. Have also add OG, what do you think?

P.S. IF you are still interested to purchase my world war11 album. I would be glad to accept you offer US dollar.

Would you be satisfied with this offer.

Sincerely

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are careful you can successfully remove the hinge without damaging the stamp. Take a very fine paintbrush and carefully cover just the hinge with a thin coat of water. Wait a few minutes and then take a needle-nose stamp tongs ( I use a Showgard Soligen #902) and carefully begin to lift the hinge. Don't force it. If it does not move, apply some more water. Once removed, let the stamp dry. Do not press it. Once fully dry place the stamp in a glassine envelope and pull it back and forth several times on the smooth edge of a table. Turn the glassine over and repeat the process. The stamp should now be nearly flat and the gum area where the hinge was should show but not be distracting.
    You should have a nice light hinge example.

Try this with cheap stamps until you get the hang of the process. It does work.

All glory is fleeting.

Hello, Sorry for the delay, I was on vacation at Salt Spring Island Vancouver. Spend some time with my friend on a 44 foot Yatch sale boat cruising the coast of the Pacific ocean. Give me some time to set in and I be glad to follow you advise.

Thank you so much
    Regard
    Ritchy

Hello 291fifth,
    I finally had the opportunity to extract the hinge following your instructions. 30 seconds was enough to remove it with ease. Here are some pictures of the result.

Thank you very much for your involvement.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks good.

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your stamp looks great!

That method of hinge removal can be used successfully even in the case of multiple hinges stacked on top of one another. I have done it with as many as five stacked hinges with excellent results. The key is to carefully removed the hinges one at a tim

All glory is fleeting.

Amazing

• pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭✭

great job