Home U.S. Coin Forum

**The Official Nat'l Purple Heart Hall of Honor 2022 Comm. Thread**2nd round Colorized in hand!

Comments

• HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 13, 2022 6:00PM

is ready to ship with the exception of the colorized coin which will ship later in July.

What's up with that??

We were told the COLORIZED coins would be shipped in mid-July and the Mint has already started charging cards for the colorized coins!

Typical Guvment operation!!!

• Edit'd - I don't want to offend that one good Guv'mnt employee!

BST references available on request

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,127 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:

is ready to ship with the exception of the colorized coin which will ship later in July.

What's up with that??

We were told the COLORIZED coins would be shipped in mid-July and the Mint has already started charging cards for the colorized coins!

Guvment employees!

My credit card was charged for a colorized silver $1.....it better ship asap!!

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 13, 2022 7:57PM

Sez shipping , for the colorized, is the 14 th 😉🙀🦫

My CC was pinged

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

edited July 14, 2022 5:12PM

Anybody get a change to shipped? Colorized PH ouncer?
    CC has been tapped since yesterday morning and still sez processing with no shipping info? 😉🙀🦫

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Anybody get a change to shipped? Colorized PH ouncer?
    CC has been tapped since yesterday morning and still sez processing with no shipping info? 😉

As history has shown with the Mint, even the status of "Shipped" does not exactly = "Shipped".
    It only means that someone has printed out a shipping label that may sit in a box for a week before someone even sticks the label on a box for pickup by UPS/USPS.

I think those that ordered the colorized PH will have to wait a week or two until we actually see "real" tracking data of our products being shipped.

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

July 14th....yeah, right.

Right on time 😂🤨🙀🦫. All this time and they can’t get it right. A friend suggested perhaps we have a large problem with quality of the colorized process 🥵

• Has anyone gotten shipped emails for the non colorized? My order still processing with no mailing choice picked

• 1madman1madman Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got a shipped tracking number for 1 of the colorized coins today (strange it popped up on a Sunday)

Just got an email from the Mint…..my single colorized coin has shipped via First Class mail. 👏🏼

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17, 2022 1:58PM

Ditto...my order from Day 1 has shipped via an email received within the past hour (2 other orders have not yet shipped on separate accounts).

I have a USPS tracking number but it's not yet live in their system.

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17, 2022 3:02PM

Shipped! At least label created, it is Sunday.

Just noticed this disclaimer:

"Note: One or more of your items is a pre-order and scheduled for fulfillment at a later date."

Many happy BST transactions
    edited July 17, 2022 3:55PM

@cheezhed said:

"Note: One or more of your items is a pre-order and scheduled for fulfillment at a later date."

That sounds fishy to me. I'd call the Mint on that one.

edited to add: Pre-order??? You did that back the end of February for the non colorized, and the end of March for the colorized.

• djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldbully said:

@cheezhed said:

edited to add: Pre-order??? You did that back the end of February for the non colorized, and the end of March for the colorized.

The Uncirculated Silver Dollar and Uncirculated Half Dollar are both on backorder. If they were included in an order that has something shipping, you would receive that message.

@djm said:

@Goldbully said:

@cheezhed said:

The Uncirculated Silver Dollar and Uncirculated Half Dollar are both on backorder. If they were included in an order that has something shipping, you would receive that message.

My order is for one colorized dollar.

edited July 17, 2022 4:53PM

Processing and has been for 3 days. About the same time they charged my CC. 🥵🙀🦫
    Nothing changed 🤨

@djm said:

@Goldbully said:

@cheezhed said:

Yes, but the uncs too have the same ship date. The Mint had over 4 months to get these coins ready for market.

edited July 18, 2022 10:31AM

Any luck! Me either. Two kinds, little and none. The colorized Purple Hearts are missing in action 🤨🙀🦫

The debit on my CC disappeared. 🤪🤯🙀

• Hi all just received a shipped email for the proof half dollar and proof dollar(non colorized)

There’s a terrible stench coming from the mint. Smells like incompetence and excuses. Months later and can’t ship a thing. 🤨🙀🦫

• mpbuck82mpbuck82 Posts: 40 ✭✭

I have a shipping tracking # on my colorized proof dollar.

@mpbuck82 said:
    I have a shipping tracking # on my colorized proof dollar.

Did you check your credit card??

• I got a shipped email for colorized PH about half an hour ago! Here they come finally

• sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

The USPS now has my colorized unit in hand and it is on its way to me. Looking forward to seeing it !

Mine is in transit now. So should be here in a week or two.

• JeffMJeffM Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭

My credit card was charged but my orders still show as processing.

• stawickstawick Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭

/\ Thx for sharing. Looking goo-oood!! B)
    Cant wait for mine. Was phantom-charged to my CC, went away, but in Processing.

I think these will have legs.

@Bullsitter said:
    Just arrived and it's beautiful. Lots nicer in hand, better than expected.
    The brown piece of dust on the heart has been removed... :#

Nice images, @Bullsitter.
    Definitely nicer in hand.

I always wonder how the Mint decides which orders it ships and which orders remain in processing. Many customers have their orders in hand well before others are shipped, and they're all ordered on the same day.

@JeffM said:
    I always wonder how the Mint decides which orders it ships and which orders remain in processing. Many customers have their orders in hand well before others are shipped, and they're all ordered on the same day.

There’s been some research into this and even using order numbers, there’s no rhyme or reason to it.  The lower the number, the earlier the order.   I was fast and  early, but mine is sitting in processing hell

This will be worth it if the quality is high. 😉🙀🦫

Well, my proof dollar and half dollar have been shipped, but nothing yet on the colorized. :(

edited July 22, 2022 10:39AM

I just heard a rumor that the Mint ran out of purple crayons and is having trouble getting a new supply because of supply chain problems. So, this could be quite a problem as they wait for the purple crayons to ship from China.

I got my colorized proof today and it's beautiful. Really well done coin.

Good news for me! I just received a shipping notice with tracking number for the colorized Purple Heart. The Mint attached a note that said a kid of one of the Mint's janitors found a purple crayon and personally colorized my coin. I am so blessed!!

• stawickstawick Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 22, 2022 12:40PM

@JeffM said:
    Good news for me! I just received a shipping notice with tracking number for the colorized Purple Heart. The Mint attached a note that said a kid of one of the Mint's janitors found a purple crayon and personally colorized my coin. I am so blessed!!

God bless Crayola! :D ... and on the 7th day, God made ... purple ... and sky blue. :p
    Still waitin on my orders. :(

Processing, processing Help me 🤨🙀🦫

• Herb_THerb_T Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 23, 2022 6:19PM

I bought one, don’t have it yet, in honor of my uncle, dads brother, that was a B24 Bomber pilot in WWII. He was awarded a Silver Star, Distinguished Flying Cross, Air Medal and some others. Unfortunately he also got a Purple Heart when his bomber was shot down by a German fighter over the North Sea after a bombing run over Germany. He was listed as MIA and a year later he and his crew were later changed to KIA.

I have a lot of his things including the contents of his footlocker that had all the letters he wrote his wife as well as the letters she wrote him. In one of the letters she referenced that my dad had come to see her. Unfortunately by the time I got all his things my dad had passed away. He would have had a huge smile on his face. The coin is just one more item I can have that honors my uncle and my dad.

Just opened the colorized PH coin...very very nice.

One of the better recent additions.

What kind of premium is the colorized version holding over the "plain" version?

edited July 24, 2022 5:33PM

$200 seems to be the un certified eBay price and the slabbed fdoi is attempting moon money 😉🙀🦫

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

not even going to care about the secondary market on this one

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
    edited July 24, 2022 6:28PM

[not even going to care about the secondary market on this one]

I was actually lucky enough to snag 3 of these...2 are going into my collection and 1 is going to my uncle who lost a lung to a sniper in a palm tree in the Pacific in 1944.

The Navy doctor said he'd be lucky to live to be 35 or 40 with one lung...he's had pneumonia at least 10 times since and now he's 95 years old!

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    $200 seems to be the un certified eBay price and the slabbed fdoi is attempting moon money 😉🙀🦫

$200+ for an unopened box seems reasonable - especially when the asking price on FDOI 69's is $300+ & 70's are asking for $425+

Time will tell if the asking prices hold...

@RichR said:
    [not even going to care about the secondary market on this one]

I was actually lucky enough to snag 3 of these...2 are going into my collection and 1 is going to my uncle who lost a lung to a sniper in a palm tree in the Pacific in 1944.

The Navy doctor said he'd be lucky to live to be 35 or 40 with one lung...he's had pneumonia at least 10 times since and now he's 95 years old!

Let me guess...His doctors name was Fauci! :p

Sorry...couldn't resist!!

The men of WW-II truly were the "Greatest Generation" - I don't think a generation of men (and women) will ever come together like they did back then.

• Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have two still in Processing. One was a low number early order from day one. The second was an order on day 2 when the HHL was lifted. It seems that I am always the last one to get shipping from the mint...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file