Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Got a couple Mankiller quarters in change this am

gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

Comments

• Options
    lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

That star is kind of cool looking. Is it as raised and 'sharp' as the photos make it appear?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,607 ✭✭✭✭✭

B)

1997-Present

• Options

@lilolme said:
    That star is kind of cool looking. Is it as raised and 'sharp' as the photos make it appear?

Yes and I kind of like this design.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    AvocetAvocet Posts: 227 ✭✭✭✭

That is a cool find...

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been looking, none have shown up here yet.

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got two in change tonight at McDonald's. Not really a fan of the design.

• Options
    MarkKelleyMarkKelley Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't seen any yet.

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭

B)

I had to get some...I predicted that this will be one of the toughest in the series to find in the really amazing MS states.
    Besides that star, it's got an empty field going completely around the design just like the obverse.
    And then her face...

I truly love how her blanket flows into the landscape too.

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options

@Kurisu I believe that what you are referring to as a blanket is actually a dress. Many times they were decorative and had fringes along the bottom.

• Options

The seven pointed star represents the Bird, Wild Potato, Blue, Wolf, Deer, Long Hair and Paint clans.

• Options

@gumby1234 said:
    @Kurisu I believe that what you are referring to as a blanket is actually a dress. Many times they were decorative and had fringes along the bottom.

But actually...it's a traditional shawl. Maybe more like a Chief Blanket back in the day.

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve been getting some nice unc. ones in change from the corner store the last week or so, I set aside one that really looked nice.

Mr_Spud

• Options
    FairfaxthunderFairfaxthunder Posts: 66 ✭✭✭

@Kurisu said:
    B)

I had to get some...I predicted that this will be one of the toughest in the series to find in the really amazing MS states.
    Besides that star, it's got an empty field going completely around the design just like the obverse.
    And then her face...

Hi quick question....how did you get them? Can you order direct from US Mint or go to a bank and ask for rolls of Wilma Mankiller Mint state quarters? thanks

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not seen one of these yet...outside of pictures that is. I will be looking for one to keep. I like the inscription of the Cherokee Nation in native syllabary. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@Fairfaxthunder said:

@Kurisu said:
    B)

And then her face...

Hi quick question....how did you get them? Can you order direct from US Mint or go to a bank and ask for rolls of Wilma Mankiller Mint state quarters? thanks

These were sold out from the mint. I got these from a seller who managed to get a handful of P,D,S rolls boxes and a few P,D boxes. He sold all the S rolls for quite a profit and I bought these 12 left over rolls for a deal...because his wife really wanted him to sell them because he's made so much from that smart little purchase lol, true.

You'll only get Mint rolls from your bank if it's a happy accident. You'll have to search ebay and places like the BST forum here...happy hunting!!!

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14, 2022 6:22AM

Goody find! Where I live, we are always a quarter behind. I get a box of quarters every week from one of my banks.
    The Sally Ride quarters are just beginning to show up here. :/
    If you watch the Blueridgesilverhound vid's, there is a pretty big error on some of the Wilma Mankiller quarters. Hopefully I will find a Mankiller quarter this week.

• Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kurisu said:
    B)

You are right, just look at how worn that ender looks! I hope you find an MS68 or 69 and an error or two.

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

Check this out! You can actually have this NEW discovery? Soon to be in high demand. $$$$
    https://youtu.be/nOi0gV9s5hA

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    edited July 14, 2022 5:08PM

@joeykoins said:
    Check this out! You can actually have this NEW discovery? Soon to be in high demand. $$$$

It's going to be tough to miss lol!

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not seen those in the till yet, although we received several rolls of the 2020-D Salt River Bay design.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    0ronron0ronron Posts: 248 ✭✭✭
    edited July 15, 2022 6:34AM

Just got my first Mankiller in the wild :)

Thank you, Heavenly Father, for first loving us.

• Options
    Project NumismaticsProject Numismatics Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received a D in the wild yesterday. I like the design much more in hand than on the screen.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file