Home Sports Talk

Anybody buy Luna Crypto last month?

Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very bad week and a bad month for the Crypto currencies.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.

Comments

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

No but even my very, very safe stocks have had a bad year. I’m not ultra worried, these things have a way of bouncing back.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m sorry or happy to say I don’t understand Cyrpto. Yes it’s been explained to me, yes I understand how it’s done, yes I understand the huge amount of energy it takes but no I don’t understand how it will be relevant. I think a handful of gold coins will be a better option. Just my old school opinion.

Another thing I will never understand is why are people mad at Matt Damon for his commercials? Did he put a gun to their head and force them to purchase Cyrpto? Are there not disclaimers included with any investment commercial that you may lose money? Do the people who purchased it really depend on financial advice from and actor? You invested it, you made the decision, man TF up and take responsibility for your own actions.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got out of Polygon before it plummeted

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    I’m sorry or happy to say I don’t understand Cyrpto. Yes it’s been explained to me, yes I understand how it’s done, yes I understand the huge amount of energy it takes but no I don’t understand how it will be relevant. I think a handful of gold coins will be a better option. Just my old school opinion.

Another thing I will never understand is why are people mad at Matt Damon for his commercials? Did he put a gun to their head and force them to purchase Cyrpto? Are there not disclaimers included with any investment commercial that you may lose money? Do the people who purchased it really depend on financial advice from and actor? You invested it, you made the decision, man TF up and take responsibility for your own actions.

It’s the same thought process of people getting angry at Musk, literally every time he opened his mouth about Dodgecoin it would swing. You make your own opinions and investments, if anyone listens to Matt Damon and thinks it’s gospel then shame on them

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

My investment strategy began over 35 years ago. My wife and I both had "matching contribtuion" employers and we took advantage of that, while amazingly, many co-workers did not. We had a very modest beginning, I think somewhere around 6%, but year after year, we steadily increased our investment percentile, and my wife got to 38% of her income going into index funds with very low annual costs. You just learn to live within your means. Along the way I made modest adjustments, but we pretty much stayed the course and just watched things grow over the years. Over time we made some withdrawals, probably totally well over $150k, used to buy a new home and a nice European trip here and there. We are most fortunate to have 4 checks a month coming in and our 401ks, despite recent decline, are still in pretty good shape, with a nice 3-number figure in front of the comma.

When I look back in my history to my early years like High School and my first jobs, I wonder why "save for the future" was never emphasized. Compound interest, time and steady savings proved to be the key to financial comfort for us. Yes, we had some downturns, but we didn't panic. We live well, going on a Greek Islands cruise in September and a Hawaiian Islands cruise next March. My goal is to do something special twice a year, with a mix of road tripsduring the year. Once in a while in conversations with younger relatives the topic of money would come up...despite my suggestion to save a minimum of 10% of what you make, it fell on deaf ears, so, now I just say nothing. Hint...local, state and federal government jobs offer pensions and great benefits! Not to mention job security.

There are obviously many options to investing and saving for the future, but for sure, the sooner one starts, the sooner it can grow. I was never a stock chaser, although I have friends that day trade, but I cringe when they tell me they're down $30k for the week, then up $15k...not a roller coaster ride I can handle.

If you have young people in your life, do encourage them to save, save, save...they may not believe they'll ever get old, but we know they will. Question is, will they be financially secure when they get there? Its great to feel secure and not worry.

Crypto seems pretty dicey to me.

• mike9199mike9199 Posts: 4
    edited July 4, 2022 6:12AM

I can' say that everything is clear for me with the crypto, but i am pretty sure it has a long future and in couple of years it will be possible to do payments in the supermarket using crypto coins. My plan is to get involved the way I can - buy a crypto license here and help people to trade. Let see how it goes.

• fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭✭

Crypto is a solution looking for a problem. Doesn't mean people won't make a fortune in it (or have already made one) but it doesn't really solve any problem that needs to be solved. The use cases for it are just not compelling.

Robb

• electrodeelectrode Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

This topic should be under world currencies.