Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My Topps Cardinals Autograph Collection (1952 - 1964; 1966 - 2002 Topps totally complete!)

Comments

• Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭✭

so you get the signature in the Cardinal Uniform....thats even better...

• Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 4, 2022 2:17PM

Thanks, guys!

Here is another straggler. I got this one from Ebay to fill in a hole. Here is a 2004 Topps Brett Tomko. He is a a bit tougher than your average common and has a very interesting and eye pleasing signature.

Total is now 1,962.

Cardinals-Autographs-812

Shane

• Options
    edited April 4, 2022 2:22PM

Trying to get caught up here....

This is a 2001 Topps Traded Blake Williams from an Ebay purchase.

Total is now 1,963.

Cardinals-Autographs-813

Shane

• Options
    edited April 4, 2022 2:33PM

Up next is a replacement. This is a 2005 Topps David Eckstein. When I bought the original one years ago, I really wasn't satisfied with it. I bought it from a reputable dealer and still believe it to be authentic. It was just a rushed signature. This one here is most definitely not rushed and comes from my new source which he acquired IP.

Just so everyone knows....I certainly do my due diligence on any and all purchases. I make sure I buy from reputable dealers and even still I research each autograph to make sure I am comfortable with it's authenticity....even on a common. I may purchase one on occasion where I am comfortable with it's authenticity, but I may not be satisfied with it due to it being light or rushed. Sometimes I will get a replacement down the line somewhere. My original 2005 Topps Ecsktein, though authentic, was never satisfactory because it was rushed. I am very satisfied with this new one. If you want to see the rushed one it is on page 10.

The total stays the same at 1,963 because this one is a replacement. Here it is.

Cardinals-Autographs-814

Shane

• Options
    edited April 16, 2022 12:54PM

Here is another haul from Tony, my new source from St Louis. He actually went to opening day for the return of Albert Pujols and the start of his and Molina's farewell tour. I told him that I am so jealous (in a fun way)!

This group is from 2007 - 2009 and consists of 39 cards/signatures.

2007 Topps Preston Wilson
    2007 Topps Chris Duncan (d. 2019)
    2007 Topps Jason Marquis
    2007 Topps Chris Carpenter
    2007 Topps Juan Encarnacion
    2007 Topps So Taguchi

2007 Topps Anthony Reyes
    2007 Topps Update Troy Cate
    2007 Topps Update Todd Wellemeyer
    2008 Topps Preston Wilson
    2008 Topps So Taguchi
    2008 Topps Chris Duncan (d. 2019)

2008 Topps Scott Rolen
    2008 Topps Jason Isringhausen
    2008 Topps Anthony Reyes
    2008 Topps Troy Glaus
    2008 Topps Juan Encarnacion
    2008 Topps Adam Kennedy

2008 Topps Update Cesar Izturis
    2008 Topps Update Jason LaRue
    2008 Topps Update Kelvin Jimenez
    2008 Topps Update Aaron Miles
    2008 Topps Update Ryan Ludwick AS
    2009 Topps Kyle Lohse

2009 Topps Cesar Izturis
    2009 Topps Chris Duncan (d. 2019)
    2009 Topps Troy Glaus
    2009 Topps Ryan Ludwick
    2009 Topps Jason Isringhausen
    2009 Topps Skip Schumaker

2009 Topps Brendan Ryan
    2009 Topps Joel Pineiro
    2009 Topps Colby Rasmus
    2009 Topps Update Blake Hawksworth (By the way, Philippians 4:13 says - I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.)
    2009 Topps Update P.J. Walters
    2009 Topps Update Brian Barden

2009 Topps Update Jason LaRue
    2009 Topps Update Mark DeRosa
    2009 Topps Update Ryan Franklin AS

These 39 signatures raise the total to 2,002. This means that (by my count of correct) the 2009 Topps Update Jason LaRue was number 2,000!

Cardinals-Autographs-815

Cardinals-Autographs-816

Cardinals-Autographs-817

Cardinals-Autographs-818

Cardinals-Autographs-819

Cardinals-Autographs-820

Cardinals-Autographs-821

Shane

• Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭

Fantastic!!!!!

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭

Amazing set of cards, no pun intended. :) Loving the progress you've been able to make with your new source.

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭✭

If you get to the point of completion to present, or even near completion, this is something that belongs somewhere where it can be showcased forever, such as a museum or ballpark.

It's nice that Tony's collection is remaining somewhat intact through you, since we are all just borrowing these things while we walk the earth. Hopefully your collection will find the right home when the time comes to pass it along.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shane,

Some terrific pickups on this large haul. Congrats on surpassing a huge milestone of 2,000 signed cards.

You should be proud.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options

@mrmopar said:
    If you get to the point of completion to present, or even near completion, this is something that belongs somewhere where it can be showcased forever, such as a museum or ballpark.

It's nice that Tony's collection is remaining somewhat intact through you, since we are all just borrowing these things while we walk the earth. Hopefully your collection will find the right home when the time comes to pass it along.

What a tremendous compliment. Thanks guys for looking in every now and then. In answer to your question, I really don't know what I will do once it is complete. I guess the short answer is that, as focused as I am, I still don't think total competition is very probible and may be technically impossible. Let me illustrate a coupled of ways.

Improbable:

Just taking a look at the 1952 Topps set. We know how scarce and expensive the high numbers can be. Due to scarcity alone, it would be an expensive proposition to find the 3 that I need.

There are 4 Cardinals in the high number series. I only have one and it is Wlmer Mizell. He was the last one to pass away and that was as long ago as 1999. His autograph is not too scarce but it isn't super common either. Combine all of that with it being a high number and it is tough. I have seen 2 in my years of collecting. The first one went super high. The second one is the one I ended up with. I paid dearly even though the entire border was trimmed off. I did a little card surgery to fix it and it is now acceptable to me and looks great in my album. As for the other three....they put a quiver in my liver!

Then there is the 1952 Topps Hal Rice high number. He passed away in 1997 which is only 2 years before Mizell but his signature is MUCH more scarce. So... You combine a scarce signature with a scarce card and that adds up to VERY DIFFICULT. I saw one about 7 or 8 years ago and I got outbid by a very wide margin.

That brings me to a 1952 Topps Ed Yuhas. He passed away in 1986. His signature is very scarce. He also has a 1953 Topps card and I have not seen a signed one of either 1952 or 1953. This one will be extremely difficult and expensive if it ever comes to market.

Also in the improbable category, there is a 1952 (and 1953) Topps Les Fusselman. Mr Fusselman passed away in 1970. You combine that fact with a 1952 high number and you might find Bigfoot before you find one of those.

Then one other I would like to mention in this category is a 1961 Topps #404 Rogers Hornsby. There is only a 2 year window for a signature. I have only seen one but it was not authenticated. They want $1,995 for it. I would not even consider it since it is not authenticated. That's the only one I've ever seen.

Most Likely Impossible:

I don't have proof, but I would say that this next one will be impossible. But since it can't be proven, I still have to be on the lookout. 2014 Topps Update was released on October 15th, 2014. Tragically, 11 days later on October 26th, 2014, Oscar Taveras was killed in a car crash. He was featured on 2 different cards in the 2014 Topps Update set. There is an 11 day window for signatures to occur. And since his wreck happened in the Dominican Republic, he probably never signed a single one. We will never know for sure so it has to be on my list.

Those are off the top of my head. I probably need to look to see if how many others are highly improbable. There are definitely some that are truly impossible. A 1976 Topps Rogers Hornsby All Time AS would be example since he died in 1963.

In short, I will keep pursuing as long as the budget allows. I guess another question would be...how modern do I draw the line of stopping? Do I still want to be pursuing 2050 Topps when I am 75 years old? Who knows? Well.... God does!

Shane

• Options

For those cards that are improbably or impossible, you might consider a custom using a cut signature and the card itself. I thought about that with my trophy collection, where a couple cards were not made in the year they were on the ART. Danny Ainge was one for example. A little creative leeway if probably acceptable to most to fill a hole until one such rarity either comes available or you toss in the towel.

I agree with you on 52 Topps high numbers being one of the trickiest to get. That is what I'd never even try. I'd need Jackie Robinson, Roy Campanella, Chuck Dressen, Pee Wee Reese and about 10 others to just complete that team set. Soooo many Dodgers in the high run. I think I have 2, maybe 3 signed. Then there are some toughie shared RCs that are valuable outside of the Dodger pictured (Uecker 62, Rose 63, G. Jackson SP 66, 73 Schmidt. Hodges, Koufax, Robinson, Campy and a few other very tough, expensive or scarce autos as well and it makes putting my team together a multi-millionaires game.

• Options
    edited April 14, 2022 7:13PM

@mrmopar said:
    For those cards that are improbably or impossible, you might consider a custom using a cut signature and the card itself. I thought about that with my trophy collection, where a couple cards were not made in the year they were on the ART. Danny Ainge was one for example. A little creative leeway if probably acceptable to most to fill a hole until one such rarity either comes available or you toss in the towel.

I agree with you on 52 Topps high numbers being one of the trickiest to get. That is what I'd never even try. I'd need Jackie Robinson, Roy Campanella, Chuck Dressen, Pee Wee Reese and about 10 others to just complete that team set. Soooo many Dodgers in the high run. I think I have 2, maybe 3 signed. Then there are some toughie shared RCs that are valuable outside of the Dodger pictured (Uecker 62, Rose 63, G. Jackson SP 66, 73 Schmidt. Hodges, Koufax, Robinson, Campy and a few other very tough, expensive or scarce autos as well and it makes putting my team together a multi-millionaires game.

I actually have had the same thought but it was just a passing thought. When it gets right down to it and I only need a few to finish I will probably do that very thing. It would be fairly simple to do a custom card of a 2014 Topps Update Oscar Taveras. Rogers Hornsby will be a bit more pricey!

Shane

• Options

Ouch! Those would be T-O-U-G-H!

I never thought about this even though I should have.... What if a Cardinals player was featured on a 1963 Topps Rose rookie? I already have one for my regular 1963 Topps Complete Set. That means I would have needed a second one for my Cardinals team set and a third for my signed team set! The only one I can think of that is similar (though not nearly to that level) is a 1965 Topps Tony Perez rookie that also features Dave Ricketts. I have one in my regular set, my team set, and my signed team set.

Shane

• Options
    edited April 11, 2022 5:16PM

Very fortunate there. There are not a ton of guys trapped on extra expensive RCs, but it has happened to a few. I think the Rose is the only post 1952 Topps Dodgers card I will probably never possibly own, although there are probably a few others I don't even realize I don't have already that should be easy pick ups when I get around to it. I think I may be missing the 60 Drysdale for example. Not hard to find and not overly expensive, just something I maybe never picked up.

• Options

Up next is an Ebay purchase from a reputable seller. This is a 2009 Topps Todd Wellemeyer.

Total is now 2,003.

Cardinals-Autographs-822

Shane

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just curious, how many total sigs does Tony have? Only Cardinals, or other
    teams as well? Congrats on your 2K milestone. If there isn't an interested
    family member, maybe the Cardinal HoF would be a good place to leave
    this AMAZING collection.

• Options

@Tibor said:
    Just curious, how many total sigs does Tony have? Only Cardinals, or other
    teams as well? Congrats on your 2K milestone. If there isn't an interested
    family member, maybe the Cardinal HoF would be a good place to leave
    this AMAZING collection.

That is a good question. I don't know if his collection goes beyond Cardinals or not.

The Cardinals HOF? Wow. Just the fact that you mentioned that remote possibility blows my mind!

My son loves Cardinals baseball. He has a few cards himself and even an Albert Pujols signed hat. He has some decent knowledge of my collection, but the collector bug really didn't hit him like it did me.

Shane

• Options

Here are 37 more signatures on 34 cards from Tony's liquidated collection. These are from 2010, 2011, and 2012 Topps.

2010 Topps Skip Schumaker
    2010 Topps John Smoltz
    2010 Topps Mark DeRosa
    2010 Topps Julio Lugo (d. 2021)
    2010 Topps Ryan Ludwick
    2010 Topps Cardinals Team (Nick Stavinoha; Mark DeRosa; Skip Schumaker)

2010 Topps NL Wins LL Adam Wainwright & Chris Carpenter
    2010 Topps NL ERA LL Chris Carpenter

2010 Topps Update Jake Westbrook
    2010 Topps Update Felipe Lopez
    2010 Topps Update Randy Winn
    2010 Topps Update Brad Penny
    2010 Topps Update Jaime Garcia
    2010 Topps Update Pedro Feliz

2010 Topps Update Adam Wainwright AS
    2011 Topps Jake Westbrook
    2011 Topps Pedro Feliz
    2011 Topps Chris Carpenter
    2011 Topps Skip Schumaker
    2011 Topps Ryan Theriot

2011 Topps Colby Rasmus
    2011 Topps David Freese
    2011 Topps Ryan Franklin
    2011 Topps Kyle Lohse
    2011 Topps Adam Wainwright
    2011 Topps Update Eduardo Sanchez

2011 Topps Update Gerald Laird
    2011 Topps Update Rafael Furcal
    2011 Topps Update Fernando Salas
    2011 Topps Update Octavio Dotel
    2011 Topps Update Allen Craig
    2011 Topps Update Edwin Jackson

2011 Topps Update Corey Patterson
    2012 Topps NLCS Cardinals Game 6 (Jason Motte)

It's crazy for me to think how close I am on some of these modern team sets. In a few weeks I will have bought him out of what I need. Then, I will be able to slow down and chip away at my needs one by one.

The new total is 2,040 after adding these 37 signatures on 34 cards.

Cardinals-Autographs-823

Cardinals-Autographs-824

Cardinals-Autographs-825

Cardinals-Autographs-826

Cardinals-Autographs-827

Cardinals-Autographs-828

Cardinals-Autographs-829

Shane

• Options

Amazing pickups Shane! It's incredible you're able to pick up so many from each year from this one source. Incredible!!

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
  • Options

@yankeesman said:
    Amazing pickups Shane! It's incredible you're able to pick up so many from each year from this one source. Incredible!!

I think so too! He did all the hard work. I'm just glad our paths crossed and he is allowing me to purchase!

Shane

• Options

Even more amazing-er!

Nice work!!

Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2022 11:15AM

Sometime back I realized that my 2008 Topps Update Chris Perez was a gold version with the gold lettering for his name at the bottom. I am replacing it with a regular version pictured below, even though there is a smudge at the top.

This does not add to the total and it remains at 2,040.

Cardinals-Autographs-830

Shane

• Options
    edited April 30, 2022 6:46AM

Also, I recently realized that my very first Adam Wainwright signed card from 2007 was not a regular version. It was a factory team set version with a number of STL9 on the back. Plus it had a totally different picture, which I didn't realize.

The one below is the real deal, but it will not add to the total count which stays at 2,040.

Cardinals-Autographs-831

Shane

• Options

Moving right along.....here comes 2013 and 2014 from my new source, Tony. Here are 41 more signatures on 41 cards.

2013 Topps Adam Wainwright
    2013 Topps Kyle McClellan
    2013 Topps Matt Carpenter
    2013 Topps Matt Holliday
    2013 Topps Jon Jay
    2013 Topps Jake Westbrook

2013 Topps Trevor Rosenthal
    2013 Topps Rafael Furcal
    2013 Topps Allen Craig
    2013 Topps Lance Lynn
    2013 Topps Chris Carpenter
    2013 Topps David Freese

2013 Topps Update Pete Kozma
    2013 Topps Update Ty Wigginton
    2013 Topps Update Randy Choate
    2013 Topps Update Michael Wacha
    2013 Topps Update Adam Wainwright AS
    2013 Topps Update Allen Craig AS

2013 Topps Update Shelby Miller Rookie Debut
    2014 Topps Matt Carpenter
    2014 Topps Jaime Garcia
    2014 Topps Trevor Rosenthal
    2014 Topps Matt Holliday
    2014 Topps Kevin Siegrist

2014 Topps Adam Wainwright
    2014 Topps Michael Wacha
    2014 Topps Peter Bourjos
    2014 Topps Allen Craig
    2014 Topps Shane Robinson
    2014 Topps Shelby Miller

2014 Topps Jon Jay
    2014 Topps Jason Motte
    2014 Topps Update Pat Neshek
    2014 Topps Update Justin Masterson (Matthew 11:28 says - Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.)
    2014 Topps Update John Lackey
    2014 Topps Update A.J. Pierzynski

2014 Topps Update Randy Choate
    2014 Topps Update Jhonny Peralta
    2014 Topps Update Pat Neshek AS
    2014 Topps Update Matt Carpenter AS
    2014 Topps Update Adam Wainwright AS

These 41 new signatures raise the total to 2,081.

Cardinals-Autographs-832

Cardinals-Autographs-833

Cardinals-Autographs-834

Cardinals-Autographs-835

Cardinals-Autographs-836

Cardinals-Autographs-837

Cardinals-Autographs-838

Shane

• Options

Wow, Shane!!! You are really rolling along with your new source.

Some beautiful autos for sure.

Congrats!!!

Donato

Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

• Options

@frankhardy said:
    This is one from.....my OLD source....Ebay!

This is not just any ole' commons autograph. This is a Curt Flood who died in 1997 and is highly sought after autograph.

To add to that....this is no normal Curt Flood autograph. This might be the toughest of them all. This is a 1963 Topps Curt Flood, which is a short print high number. I have only seen one other one in my years of searching (if memory serves me correctly). I was able to snag this one recently and I am happy to have it!

Here is number 2,082.

Cardinals-Autographs-839

FABULOUS!!!!!

Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    edited May 8, 2022 6:37AM

I bought these from my new source, Tony....but I bought them on Ebay. He didn't realize I needed them. I saw these from my saved searches. I was the high bidder and paid dearly! Bob Gibson autos have exploded since he passed away. I am going to say that they have doubled. Glad to get them, though!

Here is a 1969 Topps ERA LL Bob Gibson, a 1969 Topps Wins LL Bob Gibson, and a 1969 Topps Strikeouts LL Bob Gibson.

New total is 2,085.

Cardinals-Autographs-840

Shane

• Options

Nice!!

• Options
    edited May 19, 2022 3:50PM

I bought this one at the same time as the 1969's above. This came from my new source through Ebay. This is a very hard to find 1970 Topps Joe Hague. Mr Hague passed away in 1994.

This card totally completes my 1970 Topps Cardinals signed team set.

Total is now 2,086.

Cardinals-Autographs-841

Shane

• Options

That's awesome! Congrats on finishing the 1970 set! How many years have you completed so far?

• Options

Congrats, Shane!!!

Nice job on finishing up the 1970 Cardinal autos.

Donato

• Options

Well done!!!

Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    edited May 15, 2022 1:36PM

@yankeesman said:
    That's awesome! Congrats on finishing the 1970 set! How many years have you completed so far?

Good question. I had to look at my spreadsheet to answer that. I have a few completed. Here is a rundown of those that are completed and how many I need for total completion.

The greatest majority of those that I need are subset type cards like league leaders, award winners, all stars, etc (especially in the 2000s that have so many Pujols cards).

1952 - need 3 high numbers
    1953 - need 1
    1954 - COMPLETED
    1955 - need 1
    1956 - COMPLETED
    1957 - need 1
    1958 - need 2
    1959 - need 2
    1960 - COMPLETED (with a caveat; coaches card only has one of four signatures)
    1961 - need 2
    1962 - need 1
    1963 - need 2
    1964 - need 2
    1965 - need 3
    1966 - need 1
    1967 - need 2
    1968 - need 3
    1969 - need 8
    1970 - COMPLETED
    1971 - need 2
    1972 - COMPLETED
    1973 - COMPLETED
    1974 - COMPLETED
    1975 - COMPLETED
    1976 - COMPLETED
    1977 - COMPLETED
    1978 - need 1
    1979 - need 2
    1980 - COMPLETED
    1981 - need 2
    1982 - need 4
    1983 - COMPLETED
    1984 - COMPLETED
    1985 - need 1
    1986 - need 1
    1987 - need 2
    1988 - need 1
    1989 - need 1
    1990 - need 1
    1991 - COMPLETED
    1992 - need 1
    1993 - need 1
    1994 - need 1
    1995 - need 2
    1996 - COMPLETED
    1997 - COMPLETED
    1998 - COMPLETED
    1999 - COMPLETED
    2000 - need 6
    2001 - need 3
    2002 - need 7
    2003 - need 8
    2004 - need 10
    2005 - need 22
    2006 - need 19
    2007 - need 10
    2008 - need 6
    2009 - need 10
    2010 - need 13
    2011 - need 13
    2012 - need 8
    2013 - need 9
    2014 - need 5
    2015 - need 10
    2016 - need 3
    2017 - need 6
    2018 - need 3
    2019 - need 6

2020 - I only have 1
    2021 - I only have my son's custom

I will post a want list soon.

Shane

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW!! 1956 is complete. My favorite set of the large Topps cards.
    Partial also to 1954 Bowman.

• Options
    edited May 15, 2022 1:51PM

Here is my want list.

Keep in mind....there are several 2015 - 2019 that I have but not yet posted. This list is updated reflecting the fact that I have many 2015 - 2019 even though I have not posted yet.

1952 Topps - 378 Les Fusselman (d. 1970); 386 Eddie Yuhas (d. 1986); 398 Hal Rice (d. 1997)

1953 Topps - 218 Les Fusselman (d. 1970)

1954 Topps - COMPLETED

1955 Topps - 183 Tony Jacobs (d. 1980)

1956 Topps - COMPLETED

1957 Topps - 287 Sam Jones (d. 1971)

1958 Topps - 248 Herm Wehmeier (d. 1973); 287 Sam Jones (d. 1971)

1959 Topps - 75 Sam Jones (d. 1971); 557 Ken Boyer AS (d. 1982)

1960 Topps - COMPLETED (with a caveat; coaches card only has Ray Katt signature; still need Johnny Keane d. 1967; Howie Pollet d. 1974; Harry Walker d. 1999)

1961 Topps - 43 NL HR LL Ken Boyer (d. 1982); 404 Rogers Hornsby (d. 1963)

1962 Topps - 52 NL Batting LL Ken Boyer (d. 1982)

1963 Topps - 5 NL ERA LL Bob Gibson (d. 2020); 9 NL SO LL Bob Gibson (d. 2020)

1964 Topps - 413 Johnny Keane (d. 1967); 11 NL RBI LL Ken Boyer (d. 1982) (already have Bill White)

1965 Topps - 477 Fritz Ackley (d. 2002) (already have Steve Carlton); 6 NL RBI LL Ken Boyer (d. 1982); 12 NL SO LL Bob Gibson (d. 2020)

1966 Topps - 225 NL SO LL Bob Gibson (d. 2020)

1967 Topps - 592 Ron Willis (d. 1977); 236 NL Wins LL Bob Gibson (d. 2020)

1968 Topps - 154 WS Game 4 Bob Gibson (d. 2020); 157 WS Game 7 any player; 158 WS Cardinals Celebrate any player

1969 Topps - 273 Ron Willis (d. 1977); 341 Dave Adlesh (d. 2016); Bo Belinsky (d. 2001); 540 Curt Flood (d. 1997); 107 2nd Series CL Bob Gibson (d. 2020); 162 WS Game 1 Bob Gibson (d. 2020); 165 WS Game 4 Lou Brock (d. 2020); 432 Bob Gibson AS (d. 2020)

1970 Topps - COMPLETED

1971 Topps - 96 Joe Hague (d. 1994); 735 Mike Shannon

1972 Topps - COMPLETED

1973 Topps - COMPLETED

1974 Topps - COMPLETED

1975 Topps - COMPLETED

1976 Topps - COMPLETED

1977 Topps - COMPLETED

1978 Topps - 431 Butch Metzger

1979 Topps - 59 John Denny; 111 Roger Freed (d. 1996)

1980 Topps - COMPLETED

1981 Topps - 635 Bobby Bonds; Traded 814 Darrell Porter (d. 2002)

1982 Topps - 447 Darrell Porter (d. 2002); 533 Joaquin Andujar (d. 2015); 604 Orlando Sanchez; 448 Darrell Porter IA (d. 2002)

1983 Topps - COMPLETED

1984 Topps - COMPLETED

1985 Topps - 655 Joaquin Andujar (d 2015)

1986 Topps - 757 Darrell Porter (d. 2002)

1987 Topps - 440 Willie McGee; Traded 95T Tony Pena

1988 Topps - 400 Ozzie Smith AS

1989 Topps - 463 Steve Lake

1990 Topps - 400 Ozzie Smith AS

1991 Topps - COMPLETED

1992 Topps - 96 Tom McKinnon Draft Pick

1993 Topps - Traded 77T Rene Arocha

1994 Topps - Traded 41T Bret Wagner

1995 Topps - Rene Arocha; 319 Todd Zeile

1996 Topps - COMPLETED

1997 Topps - COMPLETED

1998 Topps - COMPLETED

1999 Topps - COMPLETED

2000 Topps - 232 Mark McGwire 20th Century's Best HR; 456 Mark McGwire HL; 462 Mark McGwire HR LL; 463 Mark McGwire RBI LL; 469 Mark McGwire 20th Century's Best SLG; Traded T94 Darryl Kile (d. 2002)

2001 Topps - 101 J.D. Drew; 289 Darryl Kile (d. 2002); Traded T99 ROY Albert Pujols w/ Ichiro

2002 Topps - 37 Edgar Renteria; 213 Darryl Kile (d. 2002); 426 So Taguchi; 575 J.D. Drew; Traded T4 Jason Isringhausen; Traded T64 Chuck Finley; Traded T72 Scott Rolen

2003 Topps - 344 NL Runs LL Albert Pujols; 346 NL RBI LL Albert Pujols; 350 NLDS Game 3 any Cardinals player; 699 Edgar Renteria GG; 702 Jim Edmonds GG; 711 Edgar Renteria AS; 712 Scott Rolen AS; Traded T26 Joe Girardi

2004 Topps - 40 Albert Pujols; 343 NL Avg LL Albert Pujols & Edgar Renteria; 344 NL Hits LL Albert Pujols; 694 Fan Favorites Albert Pujols; 710 Edgar Renteria GG; 721 Edgar Renteria AS; 722 Scott Rolen AS; 723 Albert Pujols AS; Traded T181 Benji DeQuin

2005 Topps - 100 Albert Pujols; 632 Yadier Molina; 345 NL HR LL Albert Pujols; 346 NL RBI LL Scott Rolen & Albert Pujols; 350 NLDS Larry Walker & Albert Pujols; 354 NLCS Albert Pujols & Jim Edmonds; 708 Scott Rolen GG; 710 Jim Edmonds GG; 719 Albert Pujols AS; 721 Edgar Renteria AS; 727 Chris Carpenter AS; Update UH129 NLCS Game 5 Albert Pujols; Update UH141 NL HR LL Albert Pujols; Update UH142 NL Avg LL Albert Pujols; Update UH143 NL RBI LL Albert Pujols; Update UH157 Albert Pujols AS; Update UH170 Chris Carpenter AS; Update UH187 Albert Pujols AS

2006 Topps - 200 Albert Pujols; 555 Scott Rolen; 258 Jim Edmonds GG; 263 Albert Pujols MVP; 238 Matt Morris w/ Giants (STL uniform); Update UH186 NLDS Game 1 Albert Pujols; Update UH193 NLCS Game 7 Yadier Molina; Update UH197 WS Game 1 Pujols/Edmonds/Rolen; Update UH198 WS Game 1 Anthony Reyes; Update UH210 NL HR LL Albert Pujols; Update UH211 NL Avg LL Albert Pujols; Update UH212 NL RBI LL Albert Pujols; Update UH229 Albert Pujols AS; Update UH255 Scott Rolen AS; Update UH296 Team Leaders Albert Pujols & Chris Carpenter; Update UH330 Classic Duos Jeff Weaver

2007 Topps - 537 Kip Wells; 660 Yadier Molina; 302 Scott Rolen GG; 308 Albert Pujols GG; 329 Classic Combo Yadier Molina & Albert Pujols; Update UH44 Scott Spiezio; Update UH320 Troy Percival; Update UH254 Albert Pujols AS; Update UH289 Albert Pujols HR Derby

2008 Topps - 490 Albert Pujols; 660 Yadier Molina; 536 Classic Combs Albert Pujols; Update UH310 Kyle Lohse; Update UH136 Classic Combos Albert Pujols; Update UH274 Albert Pujols AS

2009 Topps - 172 Yadier Molina; 290 Albert Pujols; 536 Khalil Greene; 4 NL Avg LL Albert Pujols; 217 Albert Pujols MVP; Update UH263 Matt Holliday; Update UH327 Julio Lugo (d. 2021); Update UH14 Yadier Molina AS; Update UH48 Albert Pujols AS; UH300 Albert Pujols HR Derby

2010 Topps - 140 Matt Holliday; 476 Yadier Molina; 4 NL Avg LL Albert Pujols; 42 NL RBI LL Albert Pujols; 206 NL HR LL Albert Pujols; 327 Albert Pujols MVP; Update US298 David Freese; Update US56 Matt Holliday HR Derby; Update US97 Checklist Matt Holliday; Update US161 Matt Holliday AS; Update US200 Albert Pujols AS; Update US215 Checklist Albert Pujols; Update US259 Yadier Molina AS

2011 Topps - 43 Brendan Ryan; 90 Yadier Molina; 490 Matt Holliday; 643 Jaime Garcia; 334 Cardinals Team any player; 11 NL Wins LL Adam Wainwright; 82 NL ERA LL Adam Wainwright; 138 NL RBI LL Albert Pujols; 318 NL HR LL Albert Pujols; 547 Checklist Albert Pujols; Update US242 Matt Holliday HR Derby; Update US260 Matt Holliday AS; Update US268 Yadier Molina AS

2012 Topps - 174 Yadier Molina; 77 NL HR LL Albert Pujols; 124 Active NL Avg LL Albert Pujols; 159 Active NL RBI LL Albert Pujols; 192 Active NL HR LL Albert Pujols; Update US72 Carlos Beltran HR Derby; Update US273 Yadier Molina AS; Update US301 Carlos Beltran AS

2013 Topps - 4 Yadier Molina; 54 Jaime Garcia; 188 Brian Fuentes; 537 Carlos Beltran; 125 NL Wild Card Game Matt Holliday; 269 NLDS Game 5 any player; Update US22 Carlos Beltran AS; Update US104 Matt Carpenter AS; Update US142 Yadier Molina AS

2014 Topps - 57 Yadier Molina; 294 NL Wins LL Adam Wainwright; Update Oscar Taveras (d. 2014); Update US272 Mark Ellis; Update US113 Oscar Taveras Rookie Debut (d. 2014)

2015 Topps - 361 Matt Holliday; 488 John Lackey; 647 Yadier Molina; 648 Cardinals Team any player; 61 NL ERA LL Adam Wainwright; 85 NL Wins LL Adam Wainwright; Update US135 Jason Heyward; Update US171 Jhonny Peralta AS; Update US177 Matt Holliday AS; Update US214 Yadier Molina AS

2016 Topps - 134 Yadier Molina; 448 Cardinals Team any player; 492 Checklist Yadier Molina or Randal Grichuk (not named)

2017 Topps - 260 Stephen Piscotty; 373 Yadier Molina; 370 Cardinals Team any player; Update US47 Yadier Molina AS; Update US164 Carlos Martinez AS; Update US185 Birds In The Garden Randal Grichuk, Dexter Fowler, or Stephen Piscotty (not named)

2018 Topps - 544 Yadier Molina; 690 Cardinals Team any player; Update US60 Yadier Molina AS

2019 Topps - 225 Yadier Molina; 466 Yairo Munoz; 679 Adam Wainwright; 31 Cardinals Team any player; 536 Checklist Get Up! Yadier Molina (already have Marcell Ozuna); Update US12 Paul Goldschmidt

Shane

• Options

Wow! 1954 Topps complete is so cool! One of my favorite sets of all time.

• Options
    edited October 29, 2022 11:31AM

Here is my next batch - a group of 26 signatures on 26 cards from the 2015 Topps set.

Only counting 25 because Cishek is a duplicate. Using this one for my collection.

2015 Topps Jon Jay
    2015 Topps Michael Wacha
    2015 Topps Adam Wainwright
    2015 Topps Lance Lynn
    2015 Topps Trevor Rosenthal
    2015 Topps Matt Carpenter

2015 Topps Jaime Garcia
    2015 Topps Randal Grichuk
    2015 Topps Sam Tuivailala
    2015 Topps Kolten Wong
    2015 Topps Jordan Walden
    2015 Topps Peter Bourjos

2015 Topps Xavier Scruggs
    2015 Topps Update Tommy Pham
    2015 Topps Update Tim Cooney
    2015 Topps Update Steve Cishek (used this one to replace previous one) (1 John 5:11-12 says - [11] And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. [12] He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.)
    2015 Topps Update Brandon Moss
    2015 Topps Update Seth Maness

2015 Topps Update Carlos Villanueva
    2015 Topps Update Mark Reynolds
    2015 Topps Update Pete Kozma
    2015 Topps Update Jonathan Broxton
    2015 Topps Update Mitch Harris
    2015 Topps Update Trevor Rosenthal AS

2015 Topps Update Carlos Martinez AS
    2015 Topps Update Michael Wacha

These 25 make the new total 2,111.

Cardinals-Autographs-842

Cardinals-Autographs-843

Cardinals-Autographs-844

Cardinals-Autographs-845

Cardinals-Autographs-846

Shane

• Options

This next one is a very much appreciated gift from Nathan (yankeesman). He has a rookie cup autograph collection. This 2011 Topps #23 Jaime Garcia does not have a rookie cup on it. For some reason Topps issued 2 Jaime Garcia's - one in Series One (without the rookie cup) and one in Series Two (with the rookie cup). Nathan sent this one to me as a gift to help me along in my collection!

Thanks, Nathan! @yankeesman

This one increases the total to 2,112.

Cardinals-Autographs-847

Shane

• Options
    edited May 26, 2022 6:47AM

Up next are two from the 1990 Topps set from a very reputable Ebay seller. Here is a 1990 Topps Tony Pena and a 1990 Topps Dan Quisenberry.

Mr Quisenberry passed away in 1998 so I was very careful with this one. After examination and comparison I am very comfortable with this signature.

Now, I only need an Ozzie Smith All Star card to have the complete team set from 1990.

The new total is 2,114.

Cardinals-Autographs-848

Shane

• Options

Nice pickups, Shane.

That was very nice of @yankeesman to gift the Jaime Garcia card. Way to go Nathan and help out a fellow collector.

Donato

• Options

Great job!!!

Thanks for sharing!!!

Live long, and prosper.
  • Options

After a few days of not posting due to being so busy, I thought I would take a minute to post a few more. Here are 23 from 2016.

2016 Topps Jordan Walden
    2016 Topps Stephen Piscotty
    2016 Topps Matt Carpenter
    2016 Topps Matt Holliday
    2016 Topps Adam Wainwright
    2016 Topps Ruben Tejada

2016 Topps Tommy Pham
    2016 Topps Kolten Wong
    2016 Topps Trevor Rosenthal
    2016 Topps Jaime Garcia
    2016 Topps Mike Leake
    2016 Topps Michael Wacha

2016 Topps Randal Grichuk
    2016 Topps Update Dean Kiekhefer
    2016 Topps Update Jeremy Hazelbaker
    2016 Topps Update Matt Bowman
    2016 Topps Update Zach Duke
    2016 Topps Update Brandon Moss

2016 Topps Update Jedd Gyorko
    2016 Topps Update Seung-Hwan Oh
    2016 Topps Update Aledmys Diaz
    2016 Topps Update Aledmys Diaz AS
    2016 Topps Update Stephen Piscotty Rookie Debut

The new total stands at 2,137.

Cardinals-Autographs-849

Cardinals-Autographs-850

Cardinals-Autographs-851

Cardinals-Autographs-852

Shane

• Options

Awesome!! Keep busy!!!

Live long, and prosper.
  • Options

Those are awesome Shane! Of course I'm partial to the Grichuk Rookie Cup card. :)

• Options

Here is a little bit of an outlier. However, it is still in the main set. I was able to pick this one up on Ebay. Here is a 1968 Topps Checklist signed by Orlando Cepeda. I include checklists in my team sets or autographed team sets only if a Cardinals player is pictured. Such is the case here.

Total is now 2,138.

Cardinals-Autographs-853

Shane

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭

that's gotta be a tough one to get

congrats!

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options

Been very busy lately and have not had time to update this thread. Here are 23 from the 2017 Topps set.

2017 Topps Brandon Moss
    2017 Topps Michael Wacha
    2017 Topps Alex Reyes
    2017 Topps Randal Grichuk
    2017 Topps Tommy Pham
    2017 Topps Jaime Garcia

2017 Topps Adam Wainwright (Acts 20:24 says - But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.)
    2017 Topps Luke Weaver (Matthew 19:26 says - But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.)
    2017 Topps Zach Duke
    2017 Topps Matt Carpenter
    2017 Topps Jhonny Peralta
    2017 Topps Trevor Rosenthal

2017 Topps Dexter Fowler
    2017 Topps Jose Martinez
    2017 Topps Seung-Hwan Oh
    2017 Topps Kolten Wong
    2017 Topps Jonathan Broxton
    2017 Topps Jedd Gyorko

2017 Topps Update Magneuris Sierra
    2017 Topps Update Brett Cecil
    2017 Topps Update Paul DeJong
    2017 Topps Update Luke Voit
    2017 Topps Update Alex Reyes Rookie Debut

Adding these make the new total rise to 2,161.

Cardinals-Autographs-854

Cardinals-Autographs-855

Cardinals-Autographs-856

Cardinals-Autographs-857

Shane

• Options

Always in awe….great job!!!

Live long, and prosper.