Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

Buying Sears NFL jackets 1971-1975

GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stahl urban 1971-1975

Comments

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Bert Jones & Fran Tarkenton jersey’s… Um those are for Keep’s…sorry I can’t get rid of them.

My question is, why would someone want Miami Dolphins mittens? Ain’t it kind of warm down there? :)

• GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had the dolphins jacket and hat but lived up north. Dolphins items were hot across the entire country.

• GansetttimeGansetttime Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

Man, these jackets were popular in school back then. Never had one. Would be cool to see them today in a man cave.

edited April 19, 2022 4:34AM

@Gansetttime said:
    Man, these jackets were popular in school back then. Never had one. Would be cool to see them today in a man cave.

They made their debut in 1971 in the Sears Christmas catalogue. Lasted at least to 1975 but not sure beyond that. Here is the photo from the 1971 catalogue. I have that exact Packers jacket in mint condition. Would be great to add a few more, but finding them, and then finding them in great condition are not easy. Thus I’ve come here looking for help.

• brad31brad31 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had a Sears jacket that would have been from about 1978. It was different than these - but the hat and gloves remained the same. StIll have and wear the Bears scarf to games - has the same patch that is on the Bears hat in the first photo. Also had a Payton jersey like the GroceryRackPack jerseys. Both my nephews wore it proudly until they grew out of it. Every year I asked for the football game they had with the Bears team but never received it. Thanks for bringing up some great memories.

@brad31 said:
    Had a Sears jacket that would have been from about 1978. It was different than these - but the hat and gloves remained the same. StIll have and wear the Bears scarf to games - has the same patch that is on the Bears hat in the first photo. Also had a Payton jersey like the GroceryRackPack jerseys. Both my nephews wore it proudly until they grew out of it. Every year I asked for the football game they had with the Bears team but never received it. Thanks for bringing up some great memories.

Thanks for sharing Brad. Nice story. Here is the 1978 ad.

This is from the 1980 Christmas book from Sears.

The 1980 jacket is the one I had. Thanks! Great memories.

I had the Bears vest.
    :)

• estangestang Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

I had the Vikings letter jacket version in the first picture. I believe my parents still have it. NFS, but curious on what these sell for?

Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • GansetttimeGansetttime Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

Looks like some recent e-Bay sales are between $25-60.

@Gansetttime said:
    Looks like some recent e-Bay sales are between $25-60.

Surprisingly stuff from the 80s is easier to find than stuff from the 70s.

Can’t figure that out except perhaps the nfl was just that much popular then. I don’t know.

@GroceryRackPack said:
    My Bert Jones & Fran Tarkenton jersey’s… Um those are for Keep’s…sorry I can’t get rid of them.

My question is, why would someone want Miami Dolphins mittens? Ain’t it kind of warm down there? :)

I’m sure you don’t need a late 70s Bert Jones bathrobe to go with your Jersey, but these rarely, if ever come up for sale.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/195003965907?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=_rkLvt4DQTy&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=l0X1ohu8Sm2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• ddfamfddfamf Posts: 507 ✭✭

Awesome memories...Sears catalog was the best

edited May 13, 2022 9:06AM

Accidental bump

• Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭

I had the jacket and mittens in the late 70's. Loved all that NFL stuff. A bunch of us kids had all different teams. Great times.....simpler times. I remember the team pencils were sooooooooo popular.

@Mickey71 said:
    I had the jacket and mittens in the late 70's. Loved all that NFL stuff. A bunch of us kids had all different teams. Great times.....simpler times. I remember the team pencils were sooooooooo popular.

Yes the pencils were the best. I kept saving the Bears for last and not sure if I ever used it.

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still have the Steelers coat my parents got me for Christmas in 1981. Its still in great shape.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• 0ronron0ronron Posts: 248 ✭✭✭

I had 1 long ago, Thanks for the trip down memory lane!! :)

Thank you, Heavenly Father, for first loving us.

@brad31 said:

Yes the pencils were the best. I kept saving the Bears for last and not sure if I ever used it.

hey brad31,
    Are these the pencils that you are talking about?
    My pencils are long gone, but still have the cardboard insert... :)

Yep they were awesome - remember the refs on the back. Learned all the penalties from that card.

@GroceryRackPack said:

Found the picture of me wearing my Miami Dolphin gloves in the N.J. snow. Lol.

Also a picture of the Packers jacket I still have.

@Goldenage said:

@GroceryRackPack said:

hey Goldenage,
    outside with your bike after a little bit of snow in NJ with your Miami Dolphins gloves on...that's classic...Yeah that's a Cool pic... :)

@GroceryRackPack said:

@Goldenage said:

@GroceryRackPack said:

hey Goldenage,
    outside with your bike after a little bit of snow in NJ with your Miami Dolphins gloves on...that's classic...Yeah that's a Cool pic... :)

Thanks man. Great memories of dad and I at Christmas. 👍