Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

NEWPs: 1704/2 Austria Leopold I "Hogmouth" Taler and 1641/39 Ferdinand III Augsburg Taler

ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

While I don't see much of interest for these on this forum, I thought I would post and thank @MrEureka for the Hogmouth - for finding and delivering it to Baltimore (I have not seen it yet, but I hear it is spectacular).

The Augsburg piece has a wonderful city view design and great balance of strike, patina and grade.

Comments

• Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh there is interest, you're the reason I sought after an affordable Hogmouth Taler.

Wonderful new additions. Love the toning on both as well.

• Options
    Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭✭✭

Outstanding. Love the looks!

My current "Box of 20"

• Options
    BailathaclBailathacl Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭

Always enjoy seeing those remarkable high-grade thalers!

"The Internet? Is that thing still around??" - Homer Simpson
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭

It doesnt get much better than that. Both are in a class of their own. Congrats Z!

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonderful coins... the bar has been set high. Great to see you posting

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice newps Z.

On the matter of interest, I agree with those who feel there is more interest than you realize. That interest doesn’t seem to drive posts or comments though … possibly in part because it’s hard to match words with the quality of your coins and the knowledge you exhibit on the subject matter.

I also suspect it’s people are busy and a lot of us are serial readers but not posters or commentators.

Regardless, you should keep it up as and when you are able to do so.

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,879 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks spectacular!

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fantastic additions Z!

• Options
    neildrobertsonneildrobertson Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 9, 2022 8:56PM

@EVillageProwler said:
    Nice newps Z.

On the matter of interest, I agree with those who feel there is more interest than you realize. That interest doesn’t seem to drive posts or comments though … possibly in part because it’s hard to match words with the quality of your coins and the knowledge you exhibit on the subject matter.

I also suspect it’s people are busy and a lot of us are serial readers but not posters or commentators.

EVP

Agree. The only reason I don't know more about these coins and don't collect them myself is because they're outside my budget. Seeing someone post them on here is about as close as I'll get for a while.

IG: DeCourcyCoinsEbay: neilrobertson
    "Numismatic categorizations, if left unconstrained, will increase spontaneously over time." -me

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭✭

@EVillageProwler said:
    Nice newps Z.

EVP

Very well said. Nothing to add.

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

@EVillageProwler said:
    Nice newps Z.

EVP

Thanks @EVillageProwler will try.

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice!