Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

***2022 ASE's sold out by enrollments? The W & Unc. No Way! The S is UNLIMITED mintage OFFICIAL ***

Comments

• Options
    olympicsosolympicsos Posts: 704 ✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

@Bullsitter said:

@HATTRICK said:

The possibilities are many. This is the mint so remember that box of chocolates thing !!!! B)

Here you go Hat.... B)

"The Mint is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're (not) going to get."

You made me hungry

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭✭✭

When the enrollments were open did anyone see a limit on them ? May be another slight of hand to allow the big boys a bigger piece of the pie. It will be interesting to see who has what for sale after it hits the fan.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭
    edited March 26, 2022 11:55AM

It's their ball...so it's their rules.

Enrollments are technically limited to 99 (see the pull down for quantity), but you can have multiple enrollments. Everyone has the same access (big guys or you and me). They have limited enrollments in the past, as with the Sally quarter. If I remember correctly, one of the ASEs last year was limited to 3 on enrollments, as on orders. They have also "frozen" enrollments last year. They sent out a notice, and although I could increase the number, that didn't change the actual order (but if you decreased it before 48 hrs prior to sale it took).

I may end up wrong (you are usually good to bet against whichever team I pick)...but I'm taking them at their word and think there will be very few S and Unc ASEs available the day of the sale. We'll see later in the year alot can happen before then.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 26, 2022 12:43PM

W proof and congratulations set release will tell the tale. 😉🙀🦫
    The congratulations set is HHL3 30,000 product
    The W proof 😳 , no limit. ( maybe no product 🧐).

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    FlipsFlips Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

@HATTRICK said:
    When the enrollments were open did anyone see a limit on them ? May be another slight of hand to allow the big boys a bigger piece of the pie. It will be interesting to see who has what for sale after it hits the fan.

Enrollment limit on ASE were 25 for both W and S

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

Item Number: 22EA
    Mintage Limit: None
    Product Limit: None
    Household Order Limit: None

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,882 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jessewvu said:
    Item Number: 22EA
    Mintage Limit: None
    Product Limit: None
    Household Order Limit: None

How many will I order: None

Actually I might try for one, or maybe not, but definitely one of those two options.

I feel myself tiring of these chases.

• Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭

So they are making an unlimited number of W proofs but have a limited number to sell based on the enrollment comments?! So confused…

• Options
    edited March 27, 2022 12:24PM

false alarm looks like cc pinged for quarters proof set enrollment not the ASE

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

A large online retailer just posted a $99 price for a proof w eagle

• Options
    OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

@Iamthewalrus53 said:

Who was it?

• Options

@Iamthewalrus53 said:

What year? eBay search shows nothing. 🙀🦫😉

• Options

Giving. 99 for a 2022 w proof

• Options

Gov mint. Sorry

• Options

Also modern coin Mart

• Options

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭✭✭

That was close @HATTRICK Your title at the top was almost ordinary until you added OFFICIAL at the last minute!! *****Are the 2022 Proof & Uncirculated silver Eagles sold out before they go on sale ? Official ****

But yes, for anyone trying to just go on the site at noon, expect a rapid sellout- Unavailable sign- Remind me status almost immediately. Kind of getting used to this unfortunately. I remember when you could casually go online and order a coin if you wanted, or call the mint and order one. Now it's everyman for himself, race to the finish, luck of the draw, do or die, claw your way to the purchase, prove you're human, and then check e-bay.

• Options

Lady’s and gentlemen. 😉🦫🙀
    Presenting again this little number from OP post. Seems they are very very clear about it

• Options
    edited March 30, 2022 4:54PM

“ sold out on enrollment “ “ first time in mint history “. Sure sounds like all the available product.

• Options
    edited March 30, 2022 5:44PM

@Onastone said:
    That was close @HATTRICK Your title at the top was almost ordinary until you added OFFICIAL at the last minute!! *****Are the 2022 Proof & Uncirculated silver Eagles sold out before they go on sale ? Official ****

But yes, for anyone trying to just go on the site at noon, expect a rapid sellout- Unavailable sign- Remind me status almost immediately. Kind of getting used to this unfortunately. I remember when you could casually go online and order a coin if you wanted, or call the mint and order one. Now it's everyman for himself, race to the finish, luck of the draw, do or die, claw your way to the purchase, prove you're human, and then check e-bay.

Can't let that happen as no one thinks I am ordinary. I wont say what they think I am. B)
    Not the first one to start a thread that often so I didn't think of it at that time or maybe it was "CRAFT"

I remember that. My dad got me started on mint issues when you filled out an order form and mailed it in. In a period of financial distress I sold all the old stuff. Wish I still had it as there were some good issues in all that. Still have my Whitman book collection of Lincoln pennies ( missing all the key coins) that I accumulated from circulation

Last year luck was on my side. got all of the Morgans and Peace Dollars, both Type 2 Proof ASEs, Uncirculated ASE and the Type2 1oz. Type 2 Gold Eagle. Got kicked out, prove your not a robot and oops something went wrong many times but managed to get an order for everything.

• Options
    youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2022 7:06PM

Is it possible the Eagle enrollments will be reduced to 5, 10, or whatever similar to the Sally Ride quarters?

• Options

It sounds like they have more than they can deal with. I would expect them to figure it out from the amount of enrollments divided by available product. Then again that sounds logical. They will probably just flip a coin 😉🙀🦫

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2022 10:39PM

@Flips said:

@HATTRICK said:

Enrollment limit on ASE were 25 for both W and S

limit is 100 coins

“The root problem with conventional currency is all the trust that's required to make it work. The central bank must be trusted not to debase the currency, but the history of fiat currencies is full of breaches of that trust.” - Satoshi Nakamoto

• Options
    edited March 30, 2022 8:20PM

Where did that info come from? My typical enrollment for uncs and proofs remain at 50 as of now. Guess everything's changed this year.

• Options

“The root problem with conventional currency is all the trust that's required to make it work. The central bank must be trusted not to debase the currency, but the history of fiat currencies is full of breaches of that trust.” - Satoshi Nakamoto

• Options

Thanks, had to read it twice and it only indicates a reduction. Doesn't indicate any limit.

The order limit for the enrollment options was 99 coins, but U.S. Mint officials indicate the number per enrollment is likely to be reduced, to make more coins available to the public when the coins are officially offered for individual sale.

• Options

@younique said:
    Thanks, had to read it twice and it only indicates a reduction. Doesn't indicate any limit.

The order limit for the enrollment options was 99 coins, but U.S. Mint officials indicate the number per enrollment is likely to be reduced, to make more coins available to the public when the coins are officially offered for individual sale.

CW got that info wrong. Look at my screenshot above, order limit was 100 coins.

• Options
    matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm all set after the V75 debacle....pass.

• Options

Thanks for the Info derryb ! It was very informative. I need to get back to regularly reading Coin World which is the best for information on US Mint issues.

• Options

Did anyone else get the email today to make sure credit card is up to date on the W Proof Silver Eagle subscription. Just wondering because I have more than one subscription but I only got one email. Didn't know if this was a sign of things to come.

• Options
    johntjohnt Posts: 44 ✭✭✭
    edited April 1, 2022 5:44AM

I got two separate emails for my two enrollments. They were a day apart.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 1, 2022 6:08AM

Me and my family have 25 enrollments of 50 each on the ASE.

Got emails on them all.

April Fool....... B)

• Options

I turned my amount off (0) and am going to concentrate on the Congratulations set. First year of the type 2 😉🦫🙀
    My clad proof set email arrived.

• Options
    TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭

It might be time to stop collecting proof silver eagles.

Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves
  • Options

I understand the S mint and Uncirculated, but with the W at almost 750,000 mintage across all options, I think I'll dial back my enrollments.

• Options

@smuglr said:
    I understand the S mint and Uncirculated, but with the W at almost 750,000 mintage across all options, I think I'll dial back my enrollments.

How does the 750,000 break out between all the options/ Thanks

• Options

From the US Mint per Coin World 746,760. 500,000 proof single additional 162,760 in 40 coin bulk trays, 30,000 in Congratulations Sets, and 50,000 in Limited Edition Silver Proof Sets.

I get 742,760 but it is reported as 746,760. I don't know if the 4,000 difference is an error, or if there are more Congrats and/or LESP sets for 'advance purchasers'

• Options

The article also states that "the inventory of the single-coin option, priced at $73, is exhausted, well before the April 14 launch date"

I think there must be more people, like myself, with higher enrollments still from last year.

• Options

too close to issue date for there to be any shortage of W ASE proofs. Likely that they have already been struck and are awaiting to be sold.

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Two separate numismatic products containing a Proof 2022-W American Eagle silver dollar struck at the West Point Mint will be offered by the U.S. Mint beginning at noon Eastern Time April 14, with one of the products already fully reserved by enrollments.

The inventory for the single-coin option, priced at $73, is exhausted, well before the April 14 launch. Mint officials said the production limit for the single Proof 2022-W American Eagle silver dollar is 500,000 coins, with an additional 162,760 coins in 40-coin trays reserved for bulk buyers."
    Source (4/1/22 Coin World Article)

• Options
    liefgoldliefgold Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I cannot imagine there being any market for the flippers on these. The enrollments have made large quantities easy to get.

liefgold
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2022 6:57AM

Contrary to what CW is reporting, the 2022 Congratulations Set and the 2022 Limited Edition Silver Proof Set do not have enrollment options at the US Mint website.

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    Contrary to what CW is reporting, the 2022 Congratulations Set and the 2022 Limited Edition Silver Proof Set do not have enrollment options at the US Mint website.

I caught that too. Sent Paul, the author, an e-mail about it this AM.

@smuglr
    I also asked about the 4,000 coin mintage discrepancy in my e-mail. If he provides an explanation, I will post it here.

• Options

Just got an email from the mint. Celebrating their birthday. Reading through and saw this. Another little “can’t say we didn’t tell you so “ 😉🦫🙀

CYA

• Options

@liefgold said:
    I cannot imagine there being any market for the flippers on these. The enrollments have made large quantities easy to get.

Agree, look for enrollment quantities to be reduced by buyers during the two-day prior to sale opportunity. This should free some up to be available day of the sale. Those wanting one should place their order even if it says "backordered." I'm pretty sure, still undecided, that I will cancel my 100 coin enrollment before the deadline.

• Options

Just got an email from the mint-" entire allotment of silver eagles w s and uncirculated have been taken by enrollments. First time in history. Also mentions congrats set and limited ed proof set.

• Options
    edited April 3, 2022 11:34AM

There’s going to be several hundred thousand of these ( eventually when they get made and shipped).
    I believe the only game in town on these is the congratulations set. 30,000 product limit HHL 3. Or the limited edition proof sets.
    The reason is this is the type 2 reverse and it’s first appearance . There’s really not much going for the W but packaging . We’ll see 😉🙀🦫
    That being said I won’t be using my enrollment for the standard issue but will try for congratulations set.

• Options

It's official. Sold out thru enrollments. See the email from Mint below

American Eagle Silver Coin
    Enrollments are Closed
    The 2022 American Eagle Silver One Ounce Proof Coin (W), the American Eagle Silver One Ounce Proof Coin (S) and the American Eagle Silver One Ounce Uncirculated Coin (W) inventories have all been depleted. This marks the first time in U.S. Mint history that all American Eagle silver coins have been depleted through enrollments.

During order processing and reconciliation, some units may become available, those units will be made available to customers via “Remind Me” notification. If you have not signed up for a “Remind Me” notification, please don’t hesitate to take this opportunity to do so.

An additional reminder – the 2022 Congratulation Set, which includes the 2022 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Proof Coin (W), goes on sale on April 14th, at noon EST. This coin will also be included in the 2022 Limited Edition Silver Proof Set which goes on sale this Fall.

• Options
    edited April 3, 2022 12:21PM

I assume the W will not go on sale at the 12:00 time on April 14. Any remaining coins that become available may pop up any time. Time to go for the Congratulations set on the 14th. Good Luck with early morning fishing! :'(

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still don't understand how an "unlimited" mintage item is sold out.

Many happy BST transactions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file