Home Sports Talk
Options

Looks like Tyreek Hill may no longer be a Chief

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options

Let's see. Who could use a WR after just losing one? Hill in a Packers jersey?

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

Looks like the Jets and Dolphins are the front runners.

m

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭✭✭

if i'm a Chiefs fan i wouldn't cry in my beer if Tyreek left

JuJu is only 25 and is gonna make beans compared to a 20+ mil cap hit that Hill will provide

reel in a king's ransom before he becomes a UFA in '23. rumor has it the Jets are willing to give up the 10th pick and much more

if i'm KC i pull that trigger hard

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are they not willing to meet his salary requests?

• Options

Dolphins it is

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

talk about a fluid situation..........damn that was quick

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

Miami also gave him a 4yr/120M deal w/72M guaranteed

• Options

Waddle and Hill oh my

m

• Options

Paging @doubledragon

@doubledragon

Your input is needed in the pinned thread atop the forum.

@doubledragon

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

They were apparently willing to make him the highest-paid WR ever but it still wasn't what he wanted.

• Options

@Tabe said:

@thisistheshow said:

They were apparently willing to make him the highest-paid WR ever but it still wasn't what he wanted.

What did he want?

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    Paging @doubledragon

@doubledragon

@doubledragon

About Patti Labelle peach cobbler? The Batsignal seems to be malfunctioning today.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 23, 2022 11:42AM

@thisistheshow said:

@Tabe said:

@thisistheshow said:

What did he want?

More? :) I don't know the details. Maybe he wanted guaranteed dough more like what he got from Miami.

• Options
    edited March 23, 2022 11:58AM

@Tabe said:

@thisistheshow said:

@Tabe said:

@thisistheshow said:

What did he want?

More? :) I don't know the details. Maybe he wanted guaranteed dough more like what he got from Miami.

Looks like he got it.

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:
    Paging @doubledragon

@doubledragon

@doubledragon

About Patti Labelle peach cobbler? The Batsignal seems to be malfunctioning today.

No, about all of the big moves happening with NFL trade.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:
    Paging @doubledragon

@doubledragon

@doubledragon

No, about all of the big moves happening with NFL trade.

The offseason has spun out of control, players are going off in every direction, I can't even keep up with it anymore. The most important thing is, Aaron Rodgers will still be with the Packers next season, and that means a whole slew of fresh Aaron Rodgers jokes are on the vine, ripe for the picking, and I fully intend on overindulging in their sweet nectar. Now, if everyone will excuse me, I must begin preparations for the carrot garden I am growing this summer, and I have selected the perfect garden gnome to watch over my vegetables and keep the pestilence away.

• Options
    ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭

This draft class is one of the weakest in recent memory, especially on the offensive end. If you can get a proven offensive talent like Adams or Hill and give up a load of picks from a weak draft then you do it!

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 23, 2022 4:29PM

Tyreek Hill and Antonio Brown should get together and offer their services to some team as a package deal......Hopefully, the Cowboys would bite......What a combo!!!! Fabulous on field and off field action! ........hide the youngins' and the women folk! 💥 🙅👶

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pats and Jets AFC East fight for the cellar 🙄

• Options
    edited March 23, 2022 4:43PM

Hey, seriously...... on the level....... no joke..........I would rather that my favorite team NEVER won another game and I could deal with that better than if they felt so hard up that they would sign just ANYBODY because he can catch and run. After all, I've been a life long L.A. Rams fan. Losing isn't so bad.....it's all about the game....win or lose.......REMEMBER.......The children are watching!

• Options

Adam actually had a better offer from GB> @ArtVandelay said:

This draft class is one of the weakest in recent memory, especially on the offensive end. If you can get a proven offensive talent like Adams or Hill and give up a load of picks from a weak draft then you do it!

This is a very good WR class. Qb's are sketchy but Willis is worth a risk. There are no day one RB's and maybe only one day 2 RB

I can see 6 or 7 WR's going in the first 35 picks

m

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the Chiefs should be fine without him but I will miss him. He made some huge plays for the Chiefs over the years.
    Mecole Hardman needs to step up and become a larger part of the offense.
    I think the Ju Ju Smith Shuster signing was great as long as he can stay healthy.

Some coworkers and I were talking football today and pretty much agreed the AFC west should be
    the best division in football. The Raiders added Adams, the Broncos have Russell and Herbert has proven
    how good he is in two full seasons with the Chargers. And the Chiefs are still the Chiefs.
    Name another division with the quality of QB's the AFC west has with Mahomes, Wilson, Herbert, and Carr?

• Options

@Darin said:

Name another division with the quality of QB's the AFC west has with Mahomes, Wilson, Herbert, and Carr?

There isn't one. As far as quarter backs are concerned, the AFC West is tops for a group...... But.......it it takes more than just a great quarterback to go all the way. It takes a team. Cincinnati comes to mind......and.......watch out for the Rams again next season.......A TEAM! there is a reason that the Rams and Bengals were in the last Super Bowl....... It wasn't because they had the best quarterbacks.......far from it.......they got there because both those clubs played as a TEAM! Look for a rematch next year.... Teamwork!

• Options
    edited March 23, 2022 5:55PM

@Darin I'm a closet Chiefs fan and I'm not happy. I think Ju Ju with Hill would have been great. I think Ju ju without an alpha WR is not so good. His best year was opposite of prime Antonio Brown. I think the hint of a Hardman breakout would have happened by now. He's fast but that's about it. Hope I'm wrong. The Chiefs have picks 29 and 30 and the creme of the WR class will be off the board by then. Plus I hope they draft Dax Hill at safety. Maybe they could move up by packaging picks. The good news is Mahomes can make people better

m

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    @Darin I'm a closet Chiefs fan and I'm not happy. I think Ju Ju with Hill would have been great. I think Ju ju without an alpha WR is not so good. His best year was opposite of prime Antonio Brown. I think the hint of a Hardman breakout would have happened by now. He's fast but that's about it. Hope I'm wrong. The Chiefs have picks 29 and 30 and the creme of the WR class will be off the board by then. Plus I hope they draft Dax Hill at safety. Maybe they could move up by packaging picks. The good news is Mahomes can make people better

m

In all fairness its hard for Mecole to have a breakout year when the two top receivers are Hill and Kelce.
    And his receptions have gone up from 26, to 41, to 59 last year with almost 700 receiving yards last year.
    With Hill gone this upcoming year could very well be his breakout year, I expect great things from him.
    It will be interesting to see what the Chiefs offense is going to look like with Tyreek gone but I think they'll be fine.

• Options
    edited March 23, 2022 7:21PM

@Darin said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

In all fairness its hard for Mecole to have a breakout year when the two top receivers are Hill and Kelce.
    And his receptions have gone up from 26, to 41, to 59 last year with almost 700 receiving yards last year.
    With Hill gone this upcoming year could very well be his breakout year, I expect great things from him.
    It will be interesting to see what the Chiefs offense is going to look like with Tyreek gone but I think they'll be fine.

I will be shocked. Even when Hill was out of the line up the most targets he has seen in those games was 6. I can't see him as an alpha wide out like Hill. KC was begging Mercole to step up to be a WR2 on this offense for the past 3 years. He underwhelmed to the point that Robinson and Pringle often surpassed him on the depth chart. I don't see a world where KC doesn't go out and get a WR1 before training camp via trade, draft or FA ( slim pickings). JMHO.

Edited to add maybe they go out and sign MVS away from GB. He is out there.

FWIW I was told Ronald Jones was in KC today. He could be a nice depth piece at RB

m

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can’t find the photo again. Damn I hate that!
    It had 2 Lamborghinis parked under car ports with a trailer between them.
    The caption read “Waddle and Hill and no love for Tua”

Are the Dolphins really going with Tua or are they wooing a top 10 QB with assets?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,567 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with justacommonman here. losing Hill is a HUGE hit for KC. Hill is what made the whole thing look so easy at times. Kelce will now be dealing with doubles. and he is a year older/slower. opposing defenses will not have to keep a safety 25 yards off the line every play in fear of Hills quickness. Hardman is not close to a 1. he often times wasnt even a 2 last year. He has been given the chances, he is just another fast guy. Juju is also not a 1, and he is not a speed WR anyways.

there are lots of speed guys every single draft class, yet a Hill type WR only comes around a few times a decade. He has both speed and quickness. a trait not often found. it is why he is such a unicorn in todays game. it is highly unlikely KC will be able to replace what he brings in the draft, considering how much they need on defense.

Hill was a big reason why all of Mahomes freelancing outside the pocket was successful. the more time a WR with Hills speed has to run around the secondary, the better chance for the defense to break and a big play resulting. they will be lacking that next season.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

Kansas City Chiefs & Green Bay Packers

“The dynasties that never were”

It would make a great ESPN 30 for 30!

• Options

the Chiefs possess a lot of draft capital and there's an abundance of WR talent in this year's class........no doubt they will partake in round 1

• Options

from what i have heard from the draft "experts" this years draft is quite weak when it comes to top end talent. A mid tier WR out of college will not come close to replacing Hill. getting a guy who runs a great 40 will not replace hill. they already have that in Hardman.

they do have tons of picks this year. Keep in mind though, most draft picks are whiffs and not home runs. after trading away their top non QB, KC cant afford too many whiffs...

If they are in a rebuilding process of sorts, it will really hurt to do it now. Mahomes will be in his age 27 season next year. unless other moves are made, I dont see KC winning the SB in the next 2 years. that will put Patrick into his age 29 season the next year they are a real contender. the chances of him winning 3 or 4 SB's is beginning to look more and more remote

• Options

If the Chiefs are going to have any chance to become a Patriots-like dynasty, they have to both make moves like this and thrive after them. No doubt losing Hill is a big blow, but still...

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    If the Chiefs are going to have any chance to become a Patriots-like dynasty, they have to both make moves like this and thrive after them. No doubt losing Hill is a big blow, but still...

You know, after Aaron Rodgers won a Super Bowl so early in his career, I used to think the Packers were going to be a dynasty. It's just a shame he became Brett Favre.

• Options
    edited March 24, 2022 1:08PM

@Justacommeman said:

maybe they go out and sign MVS away from GB. He is out there.

>

m

Well that shoe dropped. KC inks Marquez Valdés Scantling to a 3 year 30 million dollar contract will incentives to get to 36m.

I guess Aaron Rodgers will be throwing to the ghost of Jordy Nelson at this point

m

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@Justacommeman said:

>

m

Well that shoe dropped. KC inks Marquez Valdés Scantling to a 3 year 30 million dollar contract will incentives to get to 36m.

I guess Aaron Rodgers will be throwing to the ghost of Jordy Nelson at this point

m

He isn’t losing much really, MVS has stone hands

• Options

@perkdog said:

@Justacommeman said:

@Justacommeman said:

>

m

m

At least he has hands

m

• Options

@perkdog said:

@Justacommeman said:

@Justacommeman said:

>

m

m

I agree, 10MM a year is an overpay for sure. fast player, not a good WR

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.