Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

American Women's Quarters...No Soup for You...Official Mint Gripe Thread

Comments

• Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Coffee, cat and old blind poodle, settled in to office chair .
    Here we go. Ah, yes and a yummy pastry 🥐. Ready.

Going for 3 more? Good luck. You know a terrible thought just came to mind based on qustions of the finish on these. IF they decide to add these into the mint sets it throws the numbers off a bit.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now we’re set😉. Fritters

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Now we’re set😉. Fritters

Mmm look good but also looks like you may be exceeding the hhl limit on them.

• Options

I’m an observer this go around but special finish? Maybe give it a shot. Off to the website 🤨

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭✭

ffs, only 77 available at the go.

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

Remind me in less than a minute.

• Options

They're up 3 roll sets

• Options
    jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭

@Tetromibi said:

Scored 5 sets and pretty sure I could have got more but figured they would have been cancelled so stuck with 5.

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options

100 bag P mint was > @Tetromibi said:

Hmm, For S&G I grabbed two of them no problem.

• Options

Took the order and canceled in Check out

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

So then...all roll options are gone. How is that possible?

Who was grabbing the P & D options too?

• Options
    edited March 22, 2022 9:05AM

All options are now done. I saw the 100 P bag was done in one minute also. The 100 D bag stayed at least a couple minutes. Now even the P&D rolls are done.

• Options
    edited March 22, 2022 9:13AM

About 2-3 minutes Exactly, who bought the P &D rolls?
    wow.
    5940 limit. That explains a little. Nah. 5928 sold of the Maya’s. Same same.

• Options
    edited March 22, 2022 9:07AM

Are we to actually believe...HA HA...that only 77 S rolls were freed up during last night's order purge???

Really? Seriously???

• Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

Once again screwed

• Options

@RichR said:
    Are we to actually believe...HA HA...that only 77 S rolls were freed up during last night's order purge???

Really? Seriously???

I don't as I dropped 7 myself. Another member had said they had 'quite a few' sets and ebay listers had hundreds.

• Options

Did anybody get something this morning??
    Shoot out

• Options

@alaura22 said:
    Shoot out

I got 5 S/P/D rolls.

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options
    spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭

I got 3 SPD rolls.

• Options

@jshaulis said:

@alaura22 said:
    Shoot out

I got 5 S/P/D rolls.

Sweet. No enrollment? Just cast and catch!
    Congratulations
    Now tomorrow is gunna be a good old fashion shoot out for the 25,000, HHL 1 , Purple Heart colorized

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@jshaulis said:

@alaura22 said:
    Shoot out

I got 5 S/P/D rolls.

Congratulations
    Now tomorrow is gunna be a good old fashion shoot out for the 25,000, HHL 1 , Purple Heart colorized

Good luck and let me know how tomorrow works out for you. I was going to wait till the day after tomorrow to give it a go.

• Options

I was able to get in and add 3 rool sets to my basket, then it logged me out!!!!!
    Didn't get anything

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@jshaulis said:

@alaura22 said:
    Shoot out

I got 5 S/P/D rolls.

Congratulations

Missed the enrollment, but got super lucky at noon.

• Options
    edited March 22, 2022 10:14AM

I was of that mind but now seeing how things are going it’s going to be better for me to get it while the getting is good. Remember, the response has been mostly positive and that’s a first for the colorized.
    I thought the price might effect some but seems there’s plenty of money. What there isn’t, is wanted product.
    Thursday, thanks 🙏
    Sell out in 2-3 minutes. My guess

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@jshaulis said:

@alaura22 said:
    Shoot out

I got 5 S/P/D rolls.

Congratulations

Thursday isn't it?

• Options
    OrlenaOrlena Posts: 301 ✭✭✭

With all of this Sally Ride excitement over, is there anything that would prevent the mint from increasing the number of S coins minted on the releases for the rest of the program this year?

• Options

March 24 for Purple Heart.

• Options
    edited March 22, 2022 9:59AM

[[is there anything that would prevent the mint from increasing the number of S coins minted on the releases for the rest of the program this year?]]

That would involve a few functioning synapses from an organization that won't be minting the most desired product of the year, namely 2022 proof Morgan & Peace dollars...after sending out lengthy surveys where its customer base specifically asked for proof Morgan and Peace dollars!

So...NO...the Mint won't be doing that!

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Orlena said:
    With all of this Sally Ride excitement over, is there anything that would prevent the mint from increasing the number of S coins minted on the releases for the rest of the program this year?

I hope not. The Mint has to throw us a bone every now and then.

btw....I just bought a P-D-S on eBay for $4.85. They are selling fast bc of the S.

• Options

@Orlena said:

It is unlikely but ANYTHING is possible with the US Mint. My interest in the next 3 is minimal (1 or 2 sets) so I need to decide what to do with my enrollments. I don't know if I drop them down if I would be able to move them back up later.

• Options

@smuglr said:

@Orlena said:

It is unlikely but ANYTHING is possible with the US Mint. My interest in the next 3 is minimal (1 or 2 sets) so I need to decide what to do with my enrollments. I don't know if I drop them down if I would be able to move them back up later.

Yes you can adjust amount and payment method. The hard part is getting on the list. From there it sure is easy

• Options
    edited March 22, 2022 10:32AM

@Bullsitter said:

@Orlena said:

I hope not. The Mint has to throw us a bone every now and then.

btw....I just bought a P-D-S on eBay for $4.85. They are selling fast bc of the S.

I have it. What are they using in the ornaments? They could stick em there. P&D uncirculated set-no. Proof sets no. Maybe those ornaments. Not much information available.
    Sorry, Thursday 24 for PH colorized

• Options
    edited March 22, 2022 10:42AM

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@smuglr said:

@Orlena said:

Yes you can adjust amount and payment method. The hard part is getting on the list. From there it sure is easy

I know that is normally the case but that is why I had 4 enrollments for 12 sets I wanted to be covered for anything lol. Now with the enrollments sold out and the limit of 5 sets if I drop down to 1 or 2 sets total and next year there is another one that I want 5 of will incrrasing still be possible? - I'm not confident of that. I'm hoping to find someone who wants to take my enrollments of the next 3 and keeping my enrollments at the mints 5 level.

Heck I still haven't received shipping notices on these. As I said ANYTHING is possible with the USM.

• Options

Any thing. I enrollmented for 1 and increased the amount over a month later and 3 days before release.
    I’m watching what is used in new in “ quarter ornament

• Options
    goldgirlgoldgirl Posts: 159 ✭✭

This reminds me of the 2009 Lincoln Cents they made fewer LP1 Rolls so they suckered everyone to buy WAY too many LP-2 LP-3 LP-4 Rolls🙄 Except for the people who caught on quickly👍👍👍

Not that anyone cares but I cancelled my US MINT account today👏

The people running it have an IQ of ZERO🤡🤡🤡🤡

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Any thing. I enrollmented for 1 and increased the amount over a month later and 3 days before release.
    I’m watching what is used in new in “ quarter ornament

I see the ornaments as P mint as last year. The specifications call these rolls and bags out as uncirculated finish unlike prior years. I think it more likely the S mint show up in the mint sets than in the ornaments.

• Options
    edited March 22, 2022 11:23AM

Mint sets P & D only for uncirculated sets. The only ornaments I recall are x-mas and don’t recall an offering like this with any of the quarter runs of old.
    They do say P for the mint for all 5 ornaments. That’s encouraging

• Options

• Options

• Options

Whew FINALLY first shipping notice 2 sets I fell much better now.

• Options

I wouldn't say no one saw it coming lol - I know a few members here did.

• Options

That was easy. All signed up for the ornaments.
    Thanks smuglr. Now I have choices.
    4,360 limit

• Options

@goldgirl said:
    This reminds me of the 2009 Lincoln Cents they made fewer LP1 Rolls so they suckered everyone to buy WAY too many LP-2 LP-3 LP-4 Rolls🙄 Except for the people who caught on quickly👍👍👍

Not that anyone cares but I cancelled my US MINT account today👏

The people running it have an IQ of ZERO🤡🤡🤡🤡

I also cancelled my account
    Screw them and will not buy any of the new quarters, they don't need me and I don't need them
    More for everybody else, tired of getting screwed
    Cheers

• Options
    edited March 22, 2022 12:26PM

Despite the Mint's best efforts, I now have 15 Maya S quarters in hand and 20 Sally Rides on order...for a total of about $80.

Not ideal, but at least I have something in hand...and again, no thanks to the boobs running the clown show at the Treasury!

But I'm still interested to know what happened to all those rolls that were cancelled yesterday?

• Options

The good news -received my shipping email for 1 3 roll Sally Ride and also shipping email for the latest Dan Carr Peace item. The bad news. On Saturday I thought about changing my enrollment from 1 to 3 for the three roll quarters but couldn't pull the trigger. Lol. Completely insane on eBay. Ad for a single s quarter 8 something

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got on the site at 12:02 and everything was said to have been sold out due to fulfilling the enrolment plan members orders

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    edited March 22, 2022 3:49PM

I am wondering if pcgs will grade individual "s" mint quarters as "first strike" etc.? I see across the street is doing this type of grading.

• Options
    heavymetalheavymetal Posts: 573 ✭✭✭✭

Received Email from Mint today. Get your ASE W enrollments before they are gone.

• Options
    edited March 23, 2022 1:05PM

Shipped. Pretty quick.

eBay prices going nuts 🔩

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file