Home Q & A Forum
Options

2022 Dollar coin

I purchased a 2022 Silver Eagle coin and it is missing a Reed on the edge and another place looks as if it is damaged. I am oh so new at this and I don’t know how I should proceed with this coin. I don’t want to say where I purchased it, except it was from a company and not an individual. I know right off that it is not good to see this, but it was that way when it arrived. What would be the step(s) I need to take for this problem?

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10, 2022 10:19PM

2021 and newer Silver Eagles (Face Value $1) will have 1 reed missing on the edge.

You will need to find pictures of a 2022 to see the exact location. If you are worried about authenticity then find a picture

As far as damage, it is not uncommon to find some coins that are a little beaten up. The mint sells them for silver content and not as beauty contestants.

Upload some photos to show the damage.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    MomofTwo2MomofTwo2 Posts: 5
    edited February 10, 2022 10:25PM

• Options

I should have resized. The second one there is a spot of ink to the left of the coin and directly to the right of it is the spot I am wondering about.

• Options

The missing reed is normal, but I’m about in bed and don’t want to browse out a 2022 coin to show the proper position of the missing reed.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

Those little dings are minor and aren’t needing any worry over

• Options

Okay. Thank you

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks normal for a bullion coin. :)

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MomofTwo2 The reed edge space is an anti-counterfeit device. The ding on the reeded edge is an acceptable business strike handling possibility. If you want an as near to perfect coin as you can get then you either buy a Proof coin or a coin graded with the number 70. Good luck. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2022 8:26PM

So the bullion ASE's have already been released?

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

They get released in early-mid January every year now

• Options

Okay. Thank you