Home Sports Talk
Options

Antonio Brown goes berserk during Jets game

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭✭

Antonio Brown appeared to go berserk during the Bucs vs Jets game, the bucs were driving down the field in the 3rd quarter and Antonio Brown appeared to be angry and started taking off his pads and throwing them into the stands, does anyone know what happened? Here's the video.

Comments

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too bad he will likely be cut. I thought Tom had him pretty much under control.

Speaking of Tom, he does it again! Jets let it happen with that ill-advised sneak.

• Options
    edited January 2, 2022 2:17PM

It’s official, Brown is no longer a Buc.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will he be nfl after this?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

A real shame. I was hoping he found his place finally with the support of Tom Brady bringing him on board with the Bucs. I hope he finds whatever help/peace that he may need now.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats weird, I wonder what happened on the sideline for him to go and lose his shi(r)t. ;)
    He did have 3 receptions on 5 targets so it wasn't like Arians sat him all game.

Who needs Antonio Brown anyways when you have the formidable Cyril Grayson Jr? (I have no idea who he is either.)

• Options

This doesn't surprise me too much, he is such a drama queen.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think Brady was telling at him. Not positive. He's done

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2, 2022 3:21PM

At least he kept his pants on. 😳

• Options

Now I'm hearing that Bruce Arians had benched Brown and he got pissed off about that.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PaulMaul said:
    Too bad he will likely be cut. I thought Tom had him pretty much under control.

Speaking of Tom, he does it again! Jets let it happen with that ill-advised sneak.

Yes, I told my wife, “The Jets just got ‘GOAT-ED,”

It’s a shame that Brown can’t control himself. Yes, the Bucs have other wide receivers, but, given injuries, you can never have too many of them.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brown fried his own egg, I couldn't believe the video. He is no longer a Buc, and not likely he was even allowed on the charter back to Tampa.
    Total ego maniac who needs some serious therapy. He'll not likely ever play in another NFL game, time bomb waiting to happen.

• Options
    CCDollarCCDollar Posts: 718 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nickel Triumph...My Led Zepps
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think he is just legit unstable with mental illness, like I don’t even think he can help himself. I honestly feel bad for him because I believe he needs some serious help.

Obviously I could be wrong and if so then screw him for being an idiot if that’s the case.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brady used the word “help” more than once at the presser

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

I read on another forum that this might have begun due to the Bucs benching him to prevent him from reaching certain incentives and after a google search came up with this link:
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/how-antonio-brown-can-make-up-to-1-million-from-buccaneers-in-contract-incentives-over-final-three-games/
    He was very close to reaching the 50 receptions (42) and 7 touchdowns (5) that would have gained him 333K for each had he reached those totals.

Who knows if this was the reason but if it was the Bucs shouldn't be getting cheap when these final two games are still so important toward gaining the #1 seed. Brown is still totes cray cray though.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Now I'm hearing that Bruce Arians had benched Brown and he got pissed off about that.

I thought that he might have gotten injured again. He missed a lot of games with a sprained ankle.

But no … it was just a hissy fit.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@BillJones said:

@doubledragon said:

I thought that he might have gotten injured again. He missed a lot of games with a sprained ankle.

But no … it was just a hissy fit.

Initially I thought it was his injury as well, I couldn't believe he just quit on his team like that right in the middle of the game.

• Options

Evidently, Arians tried twice to get Brown to go back in the game. When Brown refused, Arians told him to “get out,” prompting Brown’s dramatic exit from the field.

So now the question is, why would he refuse to go back in the game? 🤔

• Options

@BillJones said:
    >

Yes, I told my wife, “The Jets just got ‘GOAT-ED,”

😂

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

And Antonio be like..............................

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

one of the first things I thought about when I read/heard about this story is the movie "Fear Strikes Out" about MLB player Jimmy Piersall. he played MLB at a time when Mental Health wasn't very well understood and was talked about even less. he experienced a nervous breakdown during his rookie season with the Boston Red Sox which is depicted in the movie and must have been a pretty frightening thing to witness, though the film "dramatizes" it a little.

Antonio Brown seems to have some sort of untreated mental issues that he's been dealing with for many years now. too bad, he has rare talent and when he played with Pittsburgh was one of the best receivers in the NFL for quite a few years.

I hope he seeks help.

• Options
    edited January 2, 2022 9:37PM

Jimmy Piersall wall was a character. Played for the Angels at the end of his career. Issues? I guess. But it was all harmless and funny......I remember two things off hand.........the night games started at 8 o'clock.......I remember him going out to the scoreboard and looking at the clock....8:01....he pointed at it and began to tear the turf up and throw it at the clock....8:02.....he pointed at the press box and began yelling about getting the game started....8:03....he threw his mitt at the scoreboard clock!.....START THE GAME!!!.....and.....when he was at bat he would take his bat and spin the bill of his helmet round and round on his head with it while the pitcher was looking in for the signal.......oh yea, more.....he would come up to the plate.....get down on his hands and knees and move the dirt around in the batters box....like a little kid playing in the sand.....pile it up...smooth it out....whatever......it was all harmless. He was a comedian. The fans loved it.......not much else about those Angel teams to love.....they were horrible!

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

lets say this outburst yesterday is truly caused by an undiagnosed/diagnosed mental illness. will/should AB get a pass for it and be either resigned by TB or signed by another team if said mental illness is treated and the problems put to rest?

if it truly is an untreated mental illness, it would be beyond AB's control and should not be counted against him. No?

I mean, if he has something very serious like untreated schizophrenia or bipolar or personality disorder, he would certainly be acting in a very crazy way.

should such things be treated any differently than a torn ACL or damaged discs in a player's back? get it treated and return to play?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

should such things be treated any differently than a torn ACL or damaged discs in a player's back? get it treated and return to play?

this is an astute observation and also a correct one.

when someone acts in a an irrational manner and exhibits symptoms of some Mental Illness they are often mocked, as Brown has been. imagine, if you will, someone a disease or injury. they are almost universally shown compassion. as I said above, Mental Health issues are misunderstood by the general public to the point where it sometimes takes personal experience or a close friend/family member's affliction to illicit such a response. we have a long way to go.

• Options

@keets said:

this is an astute observation and also a correct one.

when someone acts in a an irrational manner and exhibits symptoms of some Mental Illness they are often mocked, as Brown has been. imagine, if you will, someone a disease or injury. they are almost universally shown compassion. as I said above, Mental Health issues are misunderstood by the general public to the point where it sometimes takes personal experience or a close friend/family member's affliction to illicit such a response. we have a long way to go.

I basically agree, but the difference is that the diagnosis of mental issues is not as cut and dry as an ACL unless it is very severe. Something like borderline personality disorder (which I believe Brandon Marshall was diagnosed with) is pretty hard to distinguish from being an out of control jerk.

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://youtu.be/o8iFSP_S5h8

Some folks are thinking this shot he took in 2016 may have something to do with the bizarre behavior.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm at 7 concussions and counting, 4 totally knocked out for time, fully ready to donate my brain for CTE research as I have pretty much all the issues covered and in play. AB issue is different in my opinion.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    I read on another forum that this might have begun due to the Bucs benching him to prevent him from reaching certain incentives and after a google search came up with this link:
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/how-antonio-brown-can-make-up-to-1-million-from-buccaneers-in-contract-incentives-over-final-three-games/
    He was very close to reaching the 50 receptions (42) and 7 touchdowns (5) that would have gained him 333K for each had he reached those totals.

Who knows if this was the reason but if it was the Bucs shouldn't be getting cheap when these final two games are still so important toward gaining the #1 seed. Brown is still totes cray cray though.

Starting to sound like this all started due to not being able to make his money.
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/06/bruce-arians-blames-antonio-browns-refusal-to-play-on-lack-of-targets/

SIDENOTE: what the hell did Keets get the boot for?

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭✭

The guy has real talent, but he needs help in a good way. I just hope he gets the help that he really needs.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know of no reason for keets getting the axe. Lots of folks I miss, but it's a private company that can do as they wish.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Brick said:
    I know of no reason for keets getting the axe. Lots of folks I miss, but it's a private company that can do as they wish.

Well he had a topic about the Browns pissing him off he got sh*tty with a someone that replied to it. Recently got off of "probation" so I guess the hammer dropped.
    PS: That entire topic was also deleted

Carry on - nothing to see here..................

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"