Home Precious Metals
Options

Gold and Silver

rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold and Silver are spiking right now..... Looks like financial news is not sitting well... Will it last?? Stay tuned. Cheers, RickO

Comments

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh I certainly do love all of the precious metals but it is the most fun to Au and Ag rise in tandem.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,468 ✭✭✭✭✭

inflation, national debt, the prospect of higher taxes, and political uncertainty/instability in general will continue to drive PM's northward.

Seems like the most likely scenario to me. But, that's not taking into account the ((almost)) infinite ability of the Fed to create exponential amounts of debt masquerading as "liquidity" while at the same time illegally manipulating precious metals prices. That makes it difficult to evaluate almost any combination of factors influencing pm prices.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 11, 2021 3:59PM

@ricko said:
    Gold and Silver are spiking right now..... Looks like financial news is not sitting well... Will it last?? Stay tuned. Cheers, RickO

Everything has been spiking. Gold and gutter just trying to play catch up. Will it last? Will they actually catch up?? Nobody knows but we shall see. RGDS!

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmski52 said:
    inflation, national debt, the prospect of higher taxes, and political uncertainty/instability in general will continue to drive PM's northward.

Seems like the most likely scenario to me. But, that's not taking into account the ((almost)) infinite ability of the Fed to create exponential amounts of debt masquerading as "liquidity" while at the same time illegally manipulating precious metals prices. That makes it difficult to evaluate almost any combination of factors influencing pm prices.

That’s why you buy eye appealing US gold coins PCGS/NGC. Even if they manipulate the value of gold there is strong money and getting stronger at auction. I have actually found gold on dealer websites for less than auction prices ( after juice).

• Options

Looks as if the Kitco level is going to hold through the weekend....though still early in the day. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

its gonna be a while, fwiw

• Options
    CoinnmoreCoinnmore Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

Why is silver rising again, I been busy watching the Kardashian's!

• Options

@Coinnmore ... :D I think watching the Kardashians has been the problem for about a year for way too many people.... ;) In general, the reasons for silver rising (and gold), are fairly obvious.... The economy is not good. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:

@jmski52 said:

That’s why you buy eye appealing US gold coins PCGS/NGC. Even if they manipulate the value of gold there is strong money and getting stronger at auction. I have actually found gold on dealer websites for less than auction prices ( after juice).

This has been true for many years... The prices of bullion at auction is higher than what you can buy it for from a dealer. I hardly ever buy bullion at auction because the only one who wins is the auction company. The exceptions were Coca-Cola bars and some Australian Gold Coins at 50% of melt.