Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

so probstein is interviewing mastro today?

any links yet?

Comments

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

actually live now on ig. straight comedy.

@probsteinauction

• Options
    voxels123voxels123 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭

Really interesting posts

• Options

@voxels123 said:
    Really interesting posts

are you talking about the live comments while it was going on?

my thoughts overall was that it was a rollercoaster ride between comedy and actually a little informative. i only caught the tail end of it but hope that someone posts the live in its entirety.

funniest takeaway for me was that mastro has and currently consigns with probstein.
    most informative takeaway was the history of the wagner 5mc.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 15, 2021 2:12PM

If Mastro is consigning with Probstein then I’ll never buy from Prober again.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    edited September 15, 2021 3:49PM

@DBesse27 said:
    If Mastro is consigning with Probstein then I’ll never buy from Prober again.

they both said it. mastro promised rick that he wasnt shilling his cards. rick confirmed saying “yes i know. i know your ebay handle” or something to that effect. that was certainly a big part of the “straight comedy” i was referring of earlier.

eta: the comments in the live were the best parts of the whole thing. was extremely funny watching the probstein defenders battle the rest of the guys in the comments while the convo was going on. i was cracking up.

• Options

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CT2hwihp0Vd/?utm_medium=copy_link

40 mins long. first 5 mins is rick trying to figure out how to livestream.

• Options
    80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mastro's re-entry into the hobby. Apparently he was present at the National as well. I bet he works his way back to relevance in short order.

What a hobby this is.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

@80sOPC said:
    Mastro's re-entry into the hobby. Apparently he was present at the National as well. I bet he works his way back to relevance in short order.

What a hobby this is.

I thought part of his release from prison involved a stipulation prohibiting that.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

Why on Gods green earth would Rick be interviewing Mastro ?? And yes, I thought Mastro was basically "Legally" out of the hobby. My goodness, sometimes when I read stuff like this I have to go take a shower right after. It is such a dirty hobby and getting worse by the day.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@80sOPC said:

What a hobby this is.

yes, he said he attended. he also said that someone lovingly yelled out “geez, i guess they’ll let anybody in here”.

• Options
    19591959 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Next up ......O.J. " His cards and story", right after this message from Probstein .

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭✭✭

if someone had told me that probe would interview mastro and i would stumble across this in the same week, i would have said.......................yes, i tend to agree with you. i do think both of those things will happen

https://www.ebay.com/itm/384394972351?hash=item597fb9ccbf:g:lokAAOSwXRxhQQBN

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 16, 2021 10:54AM

@Mickey71 said:
    Why on Gods green earth would Rick be interviewing Mastro ?? And yes, I thought Mastro was basically "Legally" out of the hobby. My goodness, sometimes when I read stuff like this I have to go take a shower right after. It is such a dirty hobby and getting worse by the day.

Birds of a feather...

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

@Mickey71 said:

I thought it was that he promised the judge that he would never get back into the business, but that it wasn’t part of the punishment.

So maybe it’s that he lied to the judge, but it had no legal consequences.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@82FootballWaxMemorys said:

@Mickey71 said:

Birds of a feather...

…flock people over every chance they get.

😉

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@rcmb3220 said:

@Mickey71 said:

I thought it was that he promised the judge that he would never get back into the business, but that it wasn’t part of the punishment.

So maybe it’s that he lied to the judge, but it had no legal consequences.

im sure the verbiage was something along the lines of “never own, operate or work in another sports memorabilia outfit”? and technically sending cards off to consignment would perhaps circumnavigate? maybe the statue of limitations or probation lengths have run out or those conditions set forth were unconstitutional as whatever state may be a right to work state?

• Options
    vols1vols1 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

@grote15 said:

@80sOPC said:

What a hobby this is.

I thought part of his release from prison involved a stipulation prohibiting that.

@grote15 said:
    >

He was banned. But I assume he’s using Probstein as his middle man to get around it. Apparently they have been doing business for several years now.

• Options
    edited September 16, 2021 1:24PM

@vols1 said:

@grote15 said:

@80sOPC said:

What a hobby this is.

@grote15 said:
    >

He was banned. But I assume he’s using Probstein as his middle man to get around it. Apparently they have been doing business for several years now.

but the govt can get around things too. they didnt get capone or oj for murder. usually convicted felons arent allowed to carry or possess weapons. imagine him pissing them off w/ this and they happen to do a “random” search of his house and find a pair of “scissors”. considering his past transgressions w trimming, i could see them at leat attempting to present it as a violation of probation. prolly wouldnt work, but would be funny to hear it argued out at the very least.

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blurryface said:

@vols1 said:

@grote15 said:

@80sOPC said:

What a hobby this is.

@grote15 said:
    >

but the govt can get around things too. they didnt get capone or oj for murder. usually convicted felons arent allowed to carry or possess weapons. imagine him pissing them off w/ this and they happen to do a “random” search of his house and find a pair of “scissors”. considering his past transgressions w trimming, i could see them at leat attempting to present it as a violation of probation. prolly wouldnt work, but would be funny to hear it argued out at the very least.

More like an "exacto" than a scissors but, yea if he's tied up in the courts it takes away time from scammin'

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options

@82FootballWaxMemorys said:

@blurryface said:

@vols1 said:

@grote15 said:

@80sOPC said:

What a hobby this is.

@grote15 said:
    >

More like an "exacto" than a scissors but, yea if he's tied up in the courts it takes away time from scammin'

exacto-mundo.