Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

What's your oldest Set Registry request?

I have two that are over a year old (7/29/20 and 8/18/20) and two that are approaching a year (10/26/20 and 10/30/20). I don't know about you guys, but my excitement for the Set Registry has flown right out the window. I kinda understand having to wait a year or so to get your cards graded when there's a backlog a mile long. But not sending a simple poll out for over a year? Ughhh. Doesn't cut it for me.

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."

Comments

• Options

I've got (10) that have been pending for a year yesterday and several others closing on nine months. The issue I seem to have is one of the rules - that 50% have to agree to add. I have several cases where here are several sets listed but only a few active - so getting the numbers has proven difficult in the past. It does get frustrating when I think about it, but I try to be content with their workload with set creation (which seems never ending)
    Chris

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭✭

Andy
    You are the go to guy for any of the RC HOF sets
    are they related to this subject

Curious is someone going to request the BK 75th anniversary and 25 WNBA anniversary sets???

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭

@jay0791 said:
    Andy
    You are the go to guy for any of the RC HOF sets
    are they related to this subject

Curious is someone going to request the BK 75th anniversary and 25 WNBA anniversary sets???

I'm really surprised that the BK HOF RCs set hasn't been updated yet. The new class was announced 4 months ago. 154 people collect that set.

I think requesting a new set now would be a complete waste of keyboard strokes.

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

I have one that just turned one year old a couple of days ago.

• Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

@shagrotn77 said:
    I have two that are over a year old (7/29/20 and 8/18/20) and two that are approaching a year (10/26/20 and 10/30/20). I don't know about you guys, but my excitement for the Set Registry has flown right out the window. I kinda understand having to wait a year or so to get your cards graded when there's a backlog a mile long. But not sending a simple poll out for over a year? Ughhh. Doesn't cut it for me.

you mean to add cards ? or to add a whole new SET ?

• Options

To add cards to existing sets.

• Options

I had over 90 pending requests for additions to the Ken Griffey Jr. Master Set -- the oldest dating back over 6 months. I emailed the Set Registry staff via email and was informed that there had been a major turnover in the staff there, however they resolved all my outstanding requests within a couple of days. You might try sending them an email at SetRegistry@Collectors.com ...

• Options
    DMasciDMasci Posts: 169 ✭✭✭

Along the same lines regarding registry sets. How is it determined what cards makeup a set. There seems to be little consistency. For example, the Franco Harris basic Topps set includes an In Action card with his regular card for 1982 but doesn't include it with other years. Other HOFer have multiple cards in their basic set that are in addition to their regular issue like O.J. Simpson while other don't have anything other than the regular issue cards. #Confused

• Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭

Would be nice if a PSA employee were assigned to answer questions or give explanations for things like this.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options

@RSehlke said:
    I had over 90 pending requests for additions to the Ken Griffey Jr. Master Set -- the oldest dating back over 6 months. I emailed the Set Registry staff via email and was informed that there had been a major turnover in the staff there, however they resolved all my outstanding requests within a couple of days. You might try sending them an email at SetRegistry@Collectors.com ...

they are done pretty fast now

• Options

@RSehlke said:

do them again with the new system , it takes one week

• Options

@lawyer05 said:

@RSehlke said:

do them again with the new system , it takes one week

You can't submit an additional request while one is already pending. I'm now on a year and a half for my oldest request. It's almost laughable. Almost...

• Options
    GreedoguyGreedoguy Posts: 147 ✭✭✭

Just checked. My oldest request is from 04/09/2020....so, dang near 2 years.

• Options

I have one listed on the 12/5/21 updated approved list. Still not published though.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

@shagrotn77 said:
    To add cards to existing sets.

7 months

• Options
    clarke442clarke442 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭✭

I forgot all about this one, so I don't even know how old this request is.

• Options

Slot Requests are 2/7/2021 - All the NFL honors players for 2021.

I sent a note in end of January hoping they would be added before I requested the 2022 honor players, but no such luck

• Options

Set set requests from 10/6/2021 and 1/4/2022. The one from October has been approved as far as I know and has been since November, but not been published.

• Options
    prgsdwprgsdw Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭

I had two processed recently that were adds to existing sets requested in October of 2021.

• Options

10 Aug 21, I have 14 requests for the same set

• Options

@lawyer05 said:

@RSehlke said:

they are done pretty fast now

The timeframe seems to vary. Even though they were done using the online tool, I still have requests dating back to November of last year.

• Options

@BBN said:
    Set set requests from 10/6/2021 and 1/4/2022. The one from October has been approved as far as I know and has been since November, but not been published.

Still waiting. Looks like the set request page hasn't been updated in over two months whereas it seemed to be updated every 2-4 weeks before this.

• Options

How often is the Current Set Request list usually updated? Right now it's updated as of 1/18/22

• Options

I think it might matter how active the population is for the set. I just had a new slot request take only two weeks for a Master set. Super Set requests seem to take a year or more.

• Options
    clarke442clarke442 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭✭

@clarke442 said:
    I forgot all about this one, so I don't even know how old this request is.

Whoo Hoo !!!

• Options
    davin72davin72 Posts: 88 ✭✭✭

I requested a team decade set yesterday so let’s see how long this takes. Seems like it should go fast since it just uses sets already set up.