Home Q & A Forum
Options

1955 DDO fs103 did they strike this coin in a matt or satin finish or just a proof coin.

1955 DDO fs103. Matt or satin finish. Or just proof.

Best Answers

Answers

• Options

Sorry I didn't post any pics. I wanted to check all the markers first. Just wanted to know if they were proofs only.

• Options

So then may I ask 1more Q. I checked for die marker and the one under the chin is the only one I could find. This coin is clearly not a proof, so is it counterfeit or struck on a wrong planchet. Or is it possibly a A die clash. There is a second line under the chin on this coin it's up against the Adams apple, I don't know if you can see it very good.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hard to tell from the photos but it looks like a scratch on the coin, it could also be a die gouge or strike-thru.

It appears to be a genuine coin with no errors, just damage and would be worth about 3 - 25 cents depending where you sell.

• Options

I'm sorry about the pics, this pics is blown up 30x. There is a raised line I think that it's blown up to much to see it good. I think someone got wonky with it.

• Options

Thx for taking a look I appreciate it.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Even if it was a die gouge or strike-thru it is small enough that it would not generate much collector interest.

• Options

Thank you all for your feed back I really appreciate it. I'm learning some new things and appreciate all your comments and input.