Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Heads up - I got COVID at The National

Based on the timing of my symptoms, I almost certainly got it at the show or the Hilton or Gibson's. I am vaccinated and I was not wearing a mask. If you were there and have any symptoms at all, get yourself tested.

No such details will spoil my plans...

Comments

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AlanAllen said:
    Based on the timing of my symptoms, I almost certainly got it at the show or the Hilton or Gibson's. I am vaccinated and I was not wearing a mask. If you were there and have any symptoms at all, get yourself tested.

local, drive or fly?

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2021 11:32AM

Just curious, which vaccine did you get? Are your symptoms very minor? I certainly hope so.

• Options
    momo1234momo1234 Posts: 349 ✭✭✭

There certainly were not many mask wearers at the national…i would hav thought the mayor of Rosemont would have made that a condition…..but alas. I hope you are feeling ok and the symptoms are minor.

• Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

wow....my sarcastic comment about the vaccine got deleted? I guess we know the stance of the admins here......nice to know

• Options

If my post was 'quasi-political' at least a couple of others in this thread are as well. Yet, they remain.

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not anymore.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭

@AlanAllen said:

Are your symptoms mild? I was under the impression that the vaccine made the covid symptoms more mild like a common cold instead of the flu.

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

@smallstocks said:
    That was precisely the reason I decided not to go to the National.

That and high prices are a deterrent for me.

• Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

That is exactly what he was saying. He just wanted everyone to keep an eye out if you develop any symptoms. Nothing more and nothing less.

PackManInNC
  • Options
    DJJazzBassDJJazzBass Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2021 1:58PM

Get well soon.

Hey Moose! Rocco! Help the Judge find his checkbook, will ya!
  • Options
    bobbybradyjrbobbybradyjr Posts: 95 ✭✭✭

Best wishes for your health.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

Get well soon.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

Get well soon. Hope your symptoms are mild and you have a speedy recovery.

• Options

Thank you for sharing and caring about others. I hope that you get thru it quickly and without any lingering effects. I do find it interesting that this subject is so touchy politically. Get better soon AllanAllan

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

Hope you enjoyed the national and picked up a few nice things.
    Yes get well soon.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2021 4:40PM

Get well soon Alan! Appreciate the thoughtful post and keeping all the politics out of the thread as it should be.

*special thanks to AFL for policing the board the correct way. It is very much appreciated!

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2021 5:04PM

@billwaltonsbeard said:
    wow....my sarcastic comment about the vaccine got deleted? I guess we know the stance of the admins here......nice to know

You are very sensitive. That's cool

Mine got zapped as well.

I have to agree with Todd now that I take a look at it. It was going to head south and the thread needed to stay in play. It's important.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:

@billwaltonsbeard said:

You are very sensitive. That's cool

Mine got zapped as well.

I have to agree with Todd now that I take a look at it. It was going to head south and the thread needed to stay in play. It's important.

m

You're obviously very sensitive too.......which is also cool. Enjoy your day.

• Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭

Get well soon.

Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

Best wishes for a quick recovery Joe!

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    weaselpuppyweaselpuppy Posts: 218 ✭✭✭
    edited August 11, 2021 12:23PM

@ArtVandelay said:
    Get well soon Alan! Appreciate the thoughtful post and keeping all the politics out of the thread as it should be.

*special thanks to AFL for policing the board the correct way. It is very much appreciated!

I agree. I mod the biggest Detroit Lions fan board on the net (thank you in advance for your prayers and condolences, it is 50% Lions and 50% sardonic Schaudenfreude).

Vaccines and COVID while incredibly relevant topics to the NFL right now, devolve into POP TARTs at warp10 and we simply blast everything associated and warn users. Banned a few that just can't understand that There Are Eleventy Jillion Other Outlets To Talk About That Topic, and it just gets in the way of what We Talk About, so, Mjolnir Happens.

Nice work mods.

Hope you get well soon, OP and thanks for the heads up for others.

• Options

that sucks, hope you feel better! thanks for posting for the awareness to the many people who were there

• Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

Sending healing thoughts your way. Take care of yourself!