Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

[CLOSED] "Win LordM's Loot" Giveaway #14 (aka CoinTalk Giveaway #57)

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 31, 2021 11:51PM in Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED.

(It was the Collectors Universe clone of my Giveaway #57 on CoinTalk, and the entries here were tallied with the entries on the other site.)

To enter here, you need NOT be a member of CoinTalk, though if you are, you may post your own entry directly over there to double your chances.

There will be three prizes, awarded by random drawings on or around September 1st, 2021, or as soon as my schedule allows.

You may have one chance (which counts in all 3 drawings) by posting an entry post here. I will repost your CU entry from here over on CT in your behalf. Additionally, if you ARE a CoinTalk member, you may post a second entry over there for yourself, thereby doubling your chances. Limit one entry per member per site (2 entries maximum, in other words- but each of those entries will be included in all 3 drawings.)

There are pictures and links about the prizes in Post 2 of the CoinTalk thread.

Prize A is a small piece of gold, which is open to folks who have never owned any gold coins before.
Prizes B & C are each a $25 credit (+ free shipping) toward anything you want in my For Sale inventory.

All totally free, worldwide, no strings attached, no shipping charge, etc.

Here's what to do.

1. Go and read the first two posts of the CoinTalk giveaway thread. You may then enter directly over there if you are a CT member. (But you don't have to- you may just enter right here if you prefer. Entering on the CT thread just doubles your chances, is all.)

2. Begin your entry here by typing "entry post" at the top of your message.

3. In your entry post, let us know if you have ever owned a gold coin before. If you have NOT, you are eligible for Prize A. If you HAVE owned gold before, you are not eligible for Prize A but are still eligible for Prizes B and C. (I would prefer that Prize A to go to a first-timer who's never had a gold coin before.)

4. Also let me know what you might spend your $25 prize credit on if you win Prize B or C. (There are links to those galleries in the second post on the CT thread.) This is not a final decision- you may change your mind later if you win the drawing. I just like to hear what prizes people are interested in, and why.

Note 1. If you do not care to enter for yourself, you may designate another CU or CT member to receive your prize if you win. Simply post their username.

Note 2. If you posted an entry on CoinTalk under a different username than you have here, just let me know so I can keep things straight.

There's a bit of reading over there on the CT thread (sorry I'm so longwinded), but it should be clear enough, and is summarized here.

Numismatic Regards,

~Robertson ("Rob") Shinnick ("LordM")

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• here’s my CU entry post. Thanks as always for sharing the love

Evan Saltis in the real world.
    University of Maine
    Politics, food, numismatics, and Lithuanian/Slav genealogy.
    Feel free to contact me at any time!

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2, 2021 7:21AM

@EBSnumismatics said:
    here’s my CU entry post. Thanks as always for sharing the love

Thanks. But read the instructions, pretty please. You've got to work a little bit for it. ;)

PS- I know, I make people read a lot. But at least there’s no trivia questions or special knowledge required. Should be fairly painless.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • EagleScout2017EagleScout2017 Posts: 238 ✭✭✭

Entry Post

I'm not eligible for Prize A, but in regards to prizes B/C, I'd put my $25 credit towards the Panamanian balboa (assuming it is still available) or the Mt. Argaeus provincial.

delenda est WitterU

edited August 2, 2021 8:07AM

@EagleScout2017 - your entry post has been tallied on the CT thread and is Post #63. Good luck!

PS- the Balboa is indeed available as of this post (slow link, there). Should it happen to sell before the drawing, I think I might have another in my new inventory which has not been listed yet.

• Entry Post
    Not eligible for A
    Prize B Spain: copper 2-maravedis of Ferdinand V of Aragon & Isabella I of Castile, ca. 1474-1504 As an English expat living in Spain for 16 years now, it would be great to have an item from a great historical period of the country.
    Prize C United States: copper-nickel clad Roosevelt dime, 2004-D, broadstruck error. I have a few errors and varieties but no broadstruck errors, so would be cool to own one.
    Many thanks for the opportunity

Hope for the best, expect the worst, take what comes

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got dizzy reading the rules.

edited August 2, 2021 1:45PM

@JimTyler said:

Mmm, yeah, that sometimes happens on some of the ones with a lot of moving parts.

Just look at what @EagleScout2017 did.

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lordmarcovan said:

@JimTyler said:

Mmm, yeah, that sometimes happens on some of the ones with a lot of moving parts.

Just look at what @EagleScout2017 did.

OK. I do what he did.

• gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry Post

I am not eligible for Prize A. For prize B or C I would use it toward the pirate era bronze and the Mexico silver 2 reals of Charles the III.
    Thanks for a chance.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• HalfDimeDudeHalfDimeDude Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Entry post"
    I am not eligible for prize A I have owned gold before. Always fun looking over your treasures !
    And also all the years of horse trading! Take care Rob.

"That's why I wander and follow La Vie Dansante"

• JimWJimW Posts: 540 ✭✭✭✭

Entry post
    Not eligible for prize A; I'd probably go for one of those FE cents - never owned one.
    Many Thanks Rob!

Successful BST Transactions: erwindoc, VTchaser, moursund, robkool, RelicKING, Herb_T, Meltdown

• erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2, 2021 7:39PM

Entry post, not eligible for A. Since I posted elsewhere, I may not be eligible here either, but wanted to post the Graham clan crest again!

Thanks Rob!

• DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

Entry post
    I have not owned a gold coin before, would probably use gift for some sort of dime you have. Not on CT, can't see offerings.

• ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post.

Yes, I own gold, purchased long ago when it was less costly.

If I win, I would use the winning towards that Cathrine the Great 5 kopech, but another coin or two ar catching my eye, such as the Belgian Ernestus . . . did I spell that correctly?

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

edited August 3, 2021 6:27PM

@drizzt- you don’t have to be on CT to enter. I’ll tally your entry from here on the thread over there myself.

But you can’t even VIEW the offerings?

Here are those links.

New gallery (under construction- only complete up to 1875):
    https://www.colleconline.com/en/collection-items/10029/coins-for-sale

Old gallery (complete as to as everything I have imaged so far, but has a ridiculously slow page load on entry- which is why I’m changing sites):
    https://collectivecoin.com/lordmarcovan/nxfbLaouHlMuU7W5B34R

edited August 13, 2021 4:40PM

This, by the way, is Prize A, if anyone was unable to see it on the other thread. It is a Mexican wedding token. The “1868” date is a fantasy (it was actually struck between 1949 and the early 1960s), but it tested out at 22 karats (about .916 fine). So it’s a fantasy issue, but IS struck in 0.4 grams of real gold.

Prize B and Prize C are both $25 vouchers for anything of your choice from my inventory (free shipping included).

As I posted in the previous message, here are those galleries. You may pick from either (they're the same inventory).

The new gallery has faster page loads and better display fields, but is still under construction and not quite complete.
    https://www.colleconline.com/en/collection-items/10029/coins-for-sale

The old gallery is complete but has a miserably slow page load on click-in. You have to give it time.
    https://collectivecoin.com/lordmarcovan/nxfbLaouHlMuU7W5B34R

And I've got tons of other goodies not yet listed in either place, so if you win a $25 voucher from me and want something else, let me know what you might be looking for.

@gumby1234
    @HalfDimeDude
    @JimW
    @erwindoc
    @Drizzt
    @ZoidMeister

Your entries have all been recorded on the CoinTalk thread to be included in the drawings over there later.

• MjwagsMjwags Posts: 105 ✭✭✭

entry post
    I have never owned a gold coin
    I've always liked the old roman coins so maybe: Roman Empire (Gallic Secessionist): bronze antoninianus of Victorinus, Cologne mint, ca. 270-271 AD
    Thanks as always

@Mjwags - your entry post has been recorded on the CoinTalk thread.

• Entry Post:

Repeat of what I wrote earlier:

When I was in Australia I had my own landscaping business and occasionally worked for realtors clearing out houses that the tenants abandoned and left their trash in. My job was to take the trash/items left in the house and dispose of them as I see fit, usually the local 'tip' as we call it, some items I would keep and sell on eBay.

One particular house clean up I walked away with a full set of 6 new DVD's of the Star Wars Series and, amongst other items, a small bag of dress jewellery.

Just before moving to the US I was going through that bag of junk jewellery and noticed one necklace was heavier than expected. 1959 Australian gold Sovereign in a bezel, no marks, in great condition. Wish I knew then what I do now about coins. Sold for a decent price back then ~$350USD (2016)

IF I was to win I'd love the Roman Empire (Gallic Secessionist): bronze antoninianus of Victorinus, Cologne mint, ca. 270-271 AD. Would be my first ancient and I LOVE the look of this baby,

THANKS!!!

@luedsthegreat said:
    Entry Post:

Repeat of what I wrote earlier:

When I was in Australia I had my own landscaping business and occasionally worked for realtors clearing out houses that the tenants abandoned and left their trash in. My job was to take the trash/items left in the house and dispose of them as I see fit, usually the local 'tip' as we call it, some items I would keep and sell on eBay.

One particular house clean up I walked away with a full set of 6 new DVD's of the Star Wars Series and, amongst other items, a small bag of dress jewellery.

Just before moving to the US I was going through that bag of junk jewellery and noticed one necklace was heavier than expected. 1959 Australian gold Sovereign in a bezel, no marks, in great condition. Wish I knew then what I do now about coins. Sold for a decent price back then ~$350USD (2016)

IF I was to win I'd love the Roman Empire (Gallic Secessionist): bronze antoninianus of Victorinus, Cologne mint, ca. 270-271 AD. Would be my first ancient and I LOVE the look of this baby,

THANKS!!!

That was a great find, and I remember your post from CT, but your username is different here.

Thanks Rob you da man!

edited August 5, 2021 11:55AM

Duplicate post

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post. I do have gold coins so b/c. Not sure what I would pick possibly a type coin that will fit into my collection. Thanks!

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• MrweaseluvMrweaseluv Posts: 213 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 6, 2021 4:31PM

Entry Post might as well get in the 2nd entry if I'm not late lol...
    I do have gold so not in for that part :disappointed:
    and as for which prize that nice shield nickle would fill a hole in my raw type set :smiley:
    (all fixed :blush: )

You may soar with the eagles, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!.
    https://www.cointalk.com/media/albums/the-2020-20-large-cent-set.1855/

@Mrweaseluv said:
    Entry Post might as well get in the 2nd entry if I'm not late lol...

A second entry is fine if your first was posted on CoinTalk (one per member per site). But this entry here is incomplete.

@luedsthegreat
    @Kliao
    @Mrweaseluv

Your entry posts from here have been recorded on the CoinTalk thread.

edited August 31, 2021 11:40PM

Update: 9/1/21

The drawings have been done.

Prize A and Prize B were won by CoinTalk members.

Prize C was won by @Mrweaseluv from his entry here.

I have contacted the winners.

Thanks for playing! :)